Lt. Commander
# 11
12-10-2010, 06:51 AM
Before todays patch it was disconnecting after 300 sec. Now i'm waiting 2400 sec and still counting. Best part of this its that when i log in after time out i will have "server not responding" after 3-5 min game play. Are you joking me ? Im paing for that time ! and most of that time i can't play at all :/
Lt. Commander
# 12
12-10-2010, 07:38 AM
some of these responses here are humorous. Its a game, get over it. Go play something else in the meantime while they work out the bugs if your that worked up over it.
Lt. Commander
# 13
12-10-2010, 07:39 AM
you gotta rem the server load is less on the test server then the live shard as such this is to expected with people gettin the new build whilst reading maps from the patch server. they will have it back to normal soon enough just be patient.
Lt. Commander
# 14
12-10-2010, 09:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xth3xr34p3rx View Post
you gotta rem the server load is less on the test server then the live shard as such this is to expected with people gettin the new build whilst reading maps from the patch server. they will have it back to normal soon enough just be patient.
And you must have forgotten that this was a bug rominent in Tribble, and was carried over to the Holodeck, I'll give the Devs credit and assume thay they fought for a delay of the release. My irritation is with guys over dstah's head who never layed the game who politicked and forced S3 out before it was stable.
Lt. Commander
# 15
12-10-2010, 09:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirshaw View Post
some of these responses here are humorous. Its a game, get over it. Go play something else in the meantime while they work out the bugs if your that worked up over it.
Except this was a known issue in beta, and people pay good money to play, not put up with show-stopping bugs that force you to exit the game through the Windows Task Manager. As I said before, I'd put up with it if it was an unforseen bug, but again, this was KNOWN. Someone higher up than dstahl probably forced S3 to be released before it was stable. Someone who never played, and never listened when dstahl and the devs say there's a big problem.
Lt. Commander
# 16
12-10-2010, 10:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zanshi View Post
Except this was a known issue in beta, and people pay good money to play, not put up with show-stopping bugs that force you to exit the game through the Windows Task Manager. As I said before, I'd put up with it if it was an unforseen bug, but again, this was KNOWN. Someone higher up than dstahl probably forced S3 to be released before it was stable. Someone who never played, and never listened when dstahl and the devs say there's a big problem.
point taken, unfortunately game companies do this all the time now a days to meet deadlines. I just hope it gets resolved more sooner then later.
Lt. Commander
# 17
12-10-2010, 11:05 AM
I cant even get past the log in part. So I hope this gets fixed soon.
Lt. Commander
# 18
12-10-2010, 11:35 AM
I ran in to this bug both on Tribble and Holodeck after the patch. While it is a pain it's not a game stopper as all you do is bring up the windows task manager and force quit the game then start it back up. You will be right back where you were when you got the time out. Then you can play until you have to load a different map. You may or may not get hit with the bug again but if you do just force quit the game and restart. I played for several hours yesterday and hit this issue only one time. When I was on Tribble I hit it 90% of the time when loading up a new map. So it seems to me they did try to fix it but just did not get it 100%.

But then I might just be lucky in that I'm not hitting it as much as others.
Lt. Commander
# 19
12-10-2010, 11:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcanist-Raven View Post
I cant even get past the log in part. So I hope this gets fixed soon.
This just might be do to the number of people loging in to the game to checkout the new S3 stuff, not the bug when you are loading a new map.
Lt. Commander
# 20
12-10-2010, 11:43 AM
Blame Atari, not Cryptic.