Lt. Commander
# 31
12-11-2010, 04:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AvengerReloaded View Post
700 of the 2700 MB have downloaded. This is day three of the update loading and I have DSL.
Anyone else getting perpetually recurring tries at patching?
no i have to say that my patch wasn't crazy fast , but it was steady and no problems. My game has been buggy like everyone elses..but no problems patching
Lt. Commander
# 32
12-11-2010, 05:00 PM
I say its time to invest in more servers or what have yah. If and when this game brings in more players... your going to need it, or else servers will go down ever few min.
Lt. Commander
# 33
12-11-2010, 09:45 PM
I hate to say it, but I learned long ago, that it wouldn't be a Cryptic patch without at least one glaring bug.

Don't get me wrong. I love what you guys have been doing with the game, but I'm just going off the track record.

Lt. Commander
# 34
12-12-2010, 01:24 AM
Day 4 1628MB to go. It seems to hang up shortly after loading 100 or so MB. I left for work over 8 hours ago and it stopped progress not that long after. With 2 jobs I have been relentless in telling it to start loading again but this is more than ridiculous, it's redunculous. Can someone over there just mail me the CD's?
Lt. Commander
# 35
12-12-2010, 08:06 AM
This is getting ridiculous. I have only managed to do 1 out of 8 missions today due to the server not responding issue. Everytime I log in it just seems to get worse. I hope a fix comes out soon as its become almost unplayable.

Worked fine before season 3.
Lt. Commander
# 36
12-12-2010, 09:57 AM
Granted yes, I do encounter this problem very often. Just now in fact.
Sometimes the Server Not Responding error will just kick me out to the log in screen. Other times it just hangs and clocks... had one go to 70secs+ before I had to kill the application.

It is annoying because this, and just waiting for the instance to load in general (It's an Aid the Planet mission- how hard can that be to load? :-P), represents a substantial amount of unproductive downtime when viewed over the stretch of a gaming period.

But, then, I keep telling myself that, because I'm running on a wireless network- the issue /could/ be me. So, I'm loathe to pass any critical judgement or complaint, until I'm for sure the problem is not with my network/ISP.

Thus, comments herein are my own personal experiences which are appropos to the topic at hand.
Once I get my machine onto a LAN line to a stable ISP, and I still have this problem... then, I'll let the Devs have it.

Cheers!
Lt. Commander
# 37 update
12-12-2010, 10:56 AM
Still day 4 of adventures in downloading.
50% of the remaining patch went through as I slept before the error in server message got me...650 MB to go.
The irony is my son plays on another computer and we'll see how well his patch goes after this on a different computer. I never have us patch at the same time since I've tried that all of once and our throughput fell off the face of the earth.
Question to our intrepid users out there:

Does downloading from the tribble server give you most of the files needed for the final patch or is it a whole separate set of downloads after that in which case I would double my troubles that I'm getting into now?
Reason being I could have done the tribble server thing, but I normally don't since my game time is filled on tribble testing times. It would be a waste if I downloaded something I was not going to utilize.

2 hours later and the download is complete!

Let the malfunctions begin!
Lt. Commander
# 38
12-14-2010, 10:45 PM
Any word on progress tackling this immense beast of a bug?? I still get kicked off from time to time and get server interruptions.
Lt. Commander
# 39
12-15-2010, 04:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knyghtstorm
Any word on progress tackling this immense beast of a bug?? I still get kicked off from time to time and get server interruptions.
Same here, it is most distressing if I am in the middle of an STF....
Lt. Commander
# 40
12-15-2010, 08:35 AM
Updating was no problem, as I am updating the tribble server regularly because my line is slow. The fact that most files are copied from the tribble server makes sense and is a good feature. Nevertheless the game is nearly unplayable anymore. Nearly every second map move is a timeout now. Was the timeout stopped after 30 or 60 seconds before ist now last most time 900 seconds and more.

Really, what sense does it make to wait longer then 60 seconds for any server?? For a gaming server 30 seconds are an eternity, but the routine doesn't stop!
At least this can be easily fixed by the devs. It doesn't make the game better to play, but it would help. Since Season 3 these timeouts are so often that there must be an immideate result for this. Playing time is not a problem for me as I am a lifetime owner, but what is the matter with all the abo accounts? Are they repayed in any way? I am sure they won't.

This behaviour isn't only a disturbing thing for the players, it could have a catastrophic result for ongoing abos or new players. If this issue isn't resolved soon it wouldn't be something discussed only here in the forum.
Some bugs came back with season 3 so I ask myself, if some idiot has the fantastic idea of making a rollback of the source files and use old versions to make season 3.