Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 91
12-18-2010, 03:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SapphicZoid
omg, still no comment at all from Cryptic on the concerns over this issue, primarily the look of the outfit?

Well then, I give. If you obviously don't care about paying customers concerns (and I speak of myself and the feeling you have given me), no apparent number of them can make you. I'll let this issue die, personally. But it will be the last C-store purchase I make and since I am already a VA and there is nothing left to do, I may switch to the demo version and just hang.

With customer responsiveness like this, I wont be overly surprised to see the game on the .99 cent rack by spring time.
The lack of a response of any kind is rather worrying. This is the fan base, speaking loudly. This is Cryptic, being cryptic.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 92
12-18-2010, 03:59 PM
DStahl, when he was promoted to Exec Producer, said something about how he will really listen to us players and try to make this the game we want, etc. if I recall correctly. How come it isn't (so far) happening on this glaring issue? Was it just fancy "feel good" words or what? I want to see it backed up with action in regard to this gigantic problem (which could be easily fixed).

So there are basically ten pages of complaints so far about this expressing widespread disappointment and dissatisfaction with this C-Store offering, yet Cryptic does nothing to assage our concerns or requests to fix it or improve upon the initial publish of it. Apparently our upset is falling upon deaf ears (well, not deaf so much as - uncaring). This isn't right. Clearly the word "pack" was misleading, anyone with an elementary school education can see that. It is absolutely, positively, not a pack of any kind. It's a single outfit and not the best done at that. There is a second complaint thread about this going in the C-Store forum as well, that's how bad it is, there are two separate major threads going about how unhappy customers are with this. Cryptic, by now at least, should have internally discussed this problem, planned a solution and announced how they intend to right this situation - right by their customers, the players, the subscribers - you know - the people who fund the company that pays their paychecks so they can feed their families and take care of themselves and their kid(s)/spouse, etc. I have tried to give them the benefit of the doubt but this is becoming a crisis. They could put an end to the negative postings and the upset players regarding this glaring problem if they would admit there is a problem and promise to make it right. We'd back off, shut up, let them take a little time to fix it, and come back with something reasonable and better than what we have now. I mean honestly, how hard is that? Take some responsibility, Cryptic. If this isn't fixed soon, or at least a fix promised, someone at Atari should step in and order it to be fixed from higher up the chain than the Cryptic division.

Atari shareholders or potential shareholders, you can find info here (phone) or here (web).

Their corporate officers are listed at http://www.atari.com/corporate/governance if you wish to write to them.

Companies tend to place weight on shareholder opinions / complaints, as well as vocal customer complaints. (Be polite and honest, but stand your ground - the facts are on your side, afterall). If you don't own stock, now might be a good time to consider it - but that's up to you.

Apparently it is up to us to get our voices heard. The devs/GMs here are not listening to us or don't care. Perhaps their corporate masters will.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 93
12-18-2010, 06:15 PM
Did you create that account just to post that or did you start playing STO this month?

Cryptic has done and added nearly everything we have asked for, re-made some of the ships over and over again to add some small details here and there that everyone wanted, they have added all the uniforms we asked for (remade some of them), added the ships we asked for, added the playable species we asked for and more things that we have been asking for is on it's way.

I can understand why Cryptic adds them to the C-Store because it things they add in addition to the content they had planed and it's a good way to make some extra $$$, almost all of the most expensive items (ships) can be obtained in game for free.

Exactly what is it that they promised, but hasn't given us?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 94
12-18-2010, 07:07 PM
I bought this uniform.

I actually don't mind the wrinkles.. and the shoes are awesome. I just really wish the neckline were a bit more smooth. The TOS female uniform top has a nice raised collar around it.. the Counselor Troi uniform's collar is just "painted on".. it could look "cleaner".

For the time-being, I mix the pants and shoes with the TOS female top.. the look is pretty nice, except if you look closely, the fabric textures don't match. I wish we had a setting for that.

I'm looking forward to that Dec 24 sale tho.. gonna pick myself up the Enterprise set.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 95
12-18-2010, 11:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enterprise-D View Post
Exactly what is it that they promised, but hasn't given us?
A "pack" when in fact, it was not a pack but a single outfit. Perhaps if you read the thread before posting, you would have known that before asking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enterprise-D View Post
Did you create that account just to post that or did you start playing STO this month?
I don't see how it has any relevance whatsoever to me sharing my opinion. I am a paying customer, therefore, I have a right to my opinion even if you disagree with me. I don't object to you having a different opinion. I don't see why you felt it necessary to start criticizing a fellow player because they aren't happy with something that was released which they paid for in good faith under misleading circumstances? Are others not entitled to their opinion, just as you are? Your post kind of comes across as jumping on others who don't share your viewpoints or don't support Cryptic when Cryptic messed up on something in the opinon of the majority of people who have posted here.

I do support many things Cryptic has done, but not the way this thing is at the moment and I, for one, want it changed. I have a right to express myself, as do you, do I not? The fact is, so far, Cryptic has not listened to the vast majority of customer feedback for this particular item or publicly responded to our requests that they improve the offering to what we feel is more reasonable.

If you read this thread, almost everyone who posted is utterly dissatisfied with what they received for their money / Cryptic points for this item. It was deceptively marketed (whether or not it was intentional). It probably wasn't, but the fact is, it was misleading any way you look at it.

If you like the item, fine. I have no problem with that or that being your opinion. But don't try to jump on me or call my credibility into question because I have a different view than you on this matter. Realize that we can disagree and still be civil.

------

Quote from TNG 'The Drumhead' episode:

Captain Picard: Have we become so... fearful, have we become so cowardly... that we must extinguish a man? Because he carries the blood of a current enemy? Villains who twirl their moustaches are easy to spot. Those who clothe themselves in good deeds are well camouflaged.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 96
12-19-2010, 12:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konig-Wolf View Post
Men deserve plunging necklines and unitards too! What would Khan have been without his epic man cleavage!
Yes. I couldn't agree more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capulet View Post
He would still have been shirtless and hot. Kirk had to find excuses to rip his off. Khan's shirts gave up on the sewing table.
We need ripped TOS shirts as well as a bare chested option as well as Kirk, Spock and Sulu all were bare chested at some point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack_Armstrong View Post
Why is it Federation female only? I want gender equality, dammit!
Again, I couldn't agree more

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anon-E-Mouse
And I was so hoping for the 'Cosmic Cheerleader' outfit...

/sigh
Yes, we love the 'Cosmic Cheerleader' uniform (the skant). With it of course the male version available as well.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 97
12-19-2010, 12:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hindee
A "pack" when in fact, it was not a pack but a single outfit. Perhaps if you read the thread before posting, you would have known that before asking.
Am I the only one that considers shoes, shirt and pants to be a package deal?



You say there are 2 pairs of socks.
I say there are 4 socks.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 98
12-19-2010, 01:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enterprise-D View Post
Did you create that account just to post that or did you start playing STO this month?

Cryptic has done and added nearly everything we have asked for, re-made some of the ships over and over again to add some small details here and there that everyone wanted, they have added all the uniforms we asked for (remade some of them), added the ships we asked for, added the playable species we asked for and more things that we have been asking for is on it's way.

I can understand why Cryptic adds them to the C-Store because it things they add in addition to the content they had planed and it's a good way to make some extra $$$, almost all of the most expensive items (ships) can be obtained in game for free.

Exactly what is it that they promised, but hasn't given us?

Can you possibly brown nose Cryptic more? You are obviously an apologist for them and blind to any let downs they make. This item isn't the quality we were expecting when we purchased it. I call on Cryptic to refund us or add more options to the "pack". Now what, are you going to jump on me as well / next for criticizing Cryptic on this issue? Looks like you attack anyone you don't agree with to me.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 99
12-19-2010, 02:42 AM
I'm not attacking anyone, but he said that Cryptic hasn't given us anything that we have asked for while they in reality has given us almost everything and when I asked him what they haven't given us then he just refers to "Federation Costume Pack: Counselor Troi" and complain that the word "pack" is there.

If you look in the C-Store then you will see that ALL uniforms contains the word "pack".

I haven't bought this uniform because I have seen how it looks like in the screen shots in the C-Store and in the Foundry on Tribble.
http://www.startrekonline.com/dyncon...ds/troi_01.jpg
http://www.startrekonline.com/dyncon...ds/troi_02.jpg

In other words you say that I'm a moron because I'm saying that the STO team is doing a great job adding new features/content, are open to our opinions, posts engineering reports, are interacting with us in game and on the forums and so on.

I have been playing many MMO games over the last 10+ years and so far STO has the best dev<->player communication of them all. Remove a few bugs and add the foundry on the Holodeck and STO beats them all in content as well.

So if I'm a moron for using what I got between my ears (and no it's not my nose) to always look at a product before buying it and then complain that my apple is red and not green as I wanted it then so be it.

If you want to talk about the downs they have made then here is my list:
Way to easy and fast to level up
Way to easy to acquire top equipment and equipment in general
Way to easy to max the crafting system
Way to few materials needed to craft items
Broken ground PvE (dual pistol holders on elite is suicide) since S2 got launched
Ship interiors that looks like football stadiums in size (hopefully it will be changed once they add customizable interiors to the Foundry)
Added all pre-order items and the special "Mirror Universe uniform" (from CO lifetime sub) to the C-Store one year to early.
Missing the phaser array effects when a phasers beam is fired like we see in the TNG series (Bridge Commander had this)
Nothing to do while on your bridge or elsewhere inside the ship (they added mission replay on the bridge and more is on it's way, but it takes too long)

I can keep on going, but I think I made my point.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 100
12-19-2010, 07:19 AM
In the Champions Online C-Store they show you silhouettes wearing the costume you can purchase, thus showing you exactly what you're getting. They should use that for STO aswell.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:57 AM.