Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Klingon Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
12-09-2010, 01:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valias
Actually, I had that happen on Tribble once, too.

I consider this an additional challenge, or a glimpse of realism. Sure it's bothersome, but at the same time it feels strangely fitting. Personally, I don't mind, as long as it doesn't happen every time. And you can still lower the weapon energy settings, or deactivate (read: de-slot) one of your guns entirely.

But you know ... I totally felt reminded of Star Trek III as that happened:

-- Bird of Prey decloaks and fires, freighter explodes --
Valias: *bangs fist on chair* "I wanted data samples!!"
Gunner: "A lucky shot Captain!"
Valias: *draws disruptor pistol*
Gunner: *dies*

Fixed that for you luv :p
Lt. Commander
# 12
12-09-2010, 02:38 PM
I've just been playing through the missions, and found the Eriksson bug... I'll fix it The optional objective used to be 5 frieghters, but i dropped it to 4. However I must have missed the failure condition on the mission.

Goz
Lt. Commander
# 13
12-09-2010, 02:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryptic_Gozer
I've just been playing through the missions, and found the Eriksson bug... I'll fix it The optional objective used to be 5 frieghters, but i dropped it to 4. However I must have missed the failure condition on the mission.

Goz
While your at it, could you fix the name? "Sortie" just sounds so silly :p
Lt. Commander
# 14
12-09-2010, 02:46 PM
Apart from farming the T1 zone, is there any way to get low level crafting items?

Doing Pi Canis has given me around 100 crafting items that seem to be high level.

Minor/trivial bug: the Klingon Pi Canis missions appear under the title 'Klingon front'.

Second bug: Keffani mission, (the one with 4 docked ships that you have to stop from starting their engines) doesn't seem to have any timers for the ships - either the optional mission cannot be failed, or the timer isn't appearing? /shrug
Lt. Commander
# 15
12-09-2010, 02:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trancer9 View Post
Gozer, are there plans for releasing these missions for non-Tac's on steroids?

On my extremely overnerfed Sci officer, I have no way to stop 6 freighters and destroy 2 cruisers, by the time I get the 2 cruisers down, 3 of the freighters are gone.

Honestly at this point, you guys should just remove science from the game, because there is no way to balance PVE to the extreme nerfed state you left it in from all the PVP nerfs.
As I recall, the missions are going to have 3 objectives, one for each class, but there was only time to put in the Tac one, so you'll be fine, eventually...
Lt. Commander
# 16
12-09-2010, 03:01 PM
Quote:

Goz
Could you check the patrol mission too please gozer? I just had the same thing, grabbed 5 freighters worth of goodies but not only failed the optional also failed the main mission afterwards!
Not good for me!
Lt. Commander
# 17
12-09-2010, 03:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
While your at it, could you fix the name? "Sortie" just sounds so silly :p
If anyone can come up with an alternative to Sortie... that "fits" and I like... sure
Lt. Commander
# 18
12-09-2010, 03:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Splutter
Apart from farming the T1 zone, is there any way to get low level crafting items?

Doing Pi Canis has given me around 100 crafting items that seem to be high level.

Minor/trivial bug: the Klingon Pi Canis missions appear under the title 'Klingon front'.

Second bug: Keffani mission, (the one with 4 docked ships that you have to stop from starting their engines) doesn't seem to have any timers for the ships - either the optional mission cannot be failed, or the timer isn't appearing? /shrug
All of the crafting drops in these missions scale to player level.... so your getting the appropriate resources for you level. The only way to get lower level ones will be to go to the appropriate KDF exploration sectors.

The timers are working.. the timer "display" above the ships broke aomewhere between Tribble and Holodeck... Tech team is already looking for the problem.
Lt. Commander
# 19
12-09-2010, 03:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taitos
Could you check the patrol mission too please gozer? I just had the same thing, grabbed 5 freighters worth of goodies but not only failed the optional also failed the main mission afterwards!
Not good for me!
Patrol Mission ? You'll have to be more specific...

Goz
Lt. Commander
# 20
12-09-2010, 03:14 PM
Quote:
If anyone can come up with an alternative to Sortie... that "fits" and I like... sure
WoW doesn't hold a patent on the word Raid. That is exactly what these new Klingon dailies are, raids.

There are more synonyms of course.
maneuver, foray, incursion, inroad, attack, invade