Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Klingon Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
# 31
12-09-2010, 05:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleThomson
Well... uh... that's the reason I would really like a feature that tells me who wrote a mission. So I can avoid certain authors who write missions that are ... well... too annoying for my tastes

Btw I would use heist instead of sortie.

Since sortie, according to m-w.com also means: a short trip for pleasure <an occasional sortie to the city to rummage through some of its numerous used-book stores...

which may be the reason why some people have their difficulties with that.
Ah but for Klingons, a "sortie" to raid Federation space is a trip for pleasure! Qapla'!
Lt. Commander
# 32
12-09-2010, 05:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryptic_Gozer
I used most of those in the individual missions themselves... the wrapper mission is the sortie...

It means this...

(sr'tē, sr-tē')
An armed attack, especially one made from a place surrounded by enemy forces.

Klingons are emerging from thier sector into Pi Canis.... If you can find another word that means exactly the same thing.... lemmi know
How bout four..

DEATH TO THE FEDERATION
Lt. Commander
# 33
12-09-2010, 06:46 PM
Can I disintegrate a crewman, like Cmdr Kruge did to the tac officer that blew up the Grissom in Search for Spock?
Lt. Commander
# 34
12-09-2010, 07:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryptic_Gozer
If anyone can come up with an alternative to Sortie... that "fits" and I like... sure
Pirate? Plunder? :3

Both are applicable. :p
Lt. Commander
# 35
12-09-2010, 10:31 PM
If I were a Klingon, I would likely consider most of Pi Canis to be Klingon territory. Therefore, they see this as protecting what they interpret as already theirs. They would consider the Federation presence as an incursion. So these sorties are striking fear into the hearts of our enemy.

In my handy, Klingon Dictionary:

wa'DIch means First
cha'DIch means Second
vang means Act, Take Action
mup means Strike
noD means Retaliate
Duv means Advance

If one wants more Star Trek/Klingon feel, then maybe...

noD mup wa'DIch (retaliatory strike first)
noD mup cha'DIch (retaliatory strike second)
Lt. Commander
# 36
12-10-2010, 12:05 AM
The new missions are great fun on my Tac/Raptor and terrible on my Sci/Carrier. I love especially how the BoP pets blow up the stopped freighters on their own after I've stopped firing myself. Also the fact that the carrier needs 3 min to launch its firepower means those other optional objectives are not fun at all.
Lt. Commander
# 37
12-10-2010, 12:07 AM
I like sortie. It makes more sense and encompasses the variety of missions in the two mission groups.

The individual missions may be raids, assaults, etc. but sortie makes sense as the wrapper.

Keep it, Gozer.

Spend your time on making new/cool stuff like these cool missions you made.
Lt. Commander
# 38
12-10-2010, 12:21 AM
whilst i love the new pi canis missions, the federation freighter one,near xarantine,ie the one not around a planet\system (at my work pc so don't remember exactly) is extremely frustrating.
it says scan 3 freighters or 5 optional,the most i've managed in my Lt science ship is two before the invisible timer runs out.
I have to spend most of the time taking on the fed ships that protect them.
I don't know how it is in a tac or eng build but any way of making the "timer" slightly longer in general or for science officers ?
Lt. Commander
# 39
12-10-2010, 06:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capulet View Post
WoW doesn't hold a patent on the word Raid. That is exactly what these new Klingon dailies are, raids.
As much as I dislike the word Raid, it fits best in my opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capulet View Post
And this doesn't help. Klingons wouldn't know peaceful penetration if they were hit over the head with it. :p
Well if thier hitting klingons over the head with it becareful as that may qualify as foreplay and few things are more grumpy than an excited and unsatisfied Klingon, male or female.

Tip for whom is concerned: Take your weapons off auto while doing these missions to avoid killing frieghters.
Lt. Commander
# 40
12-10-2010, 06:54 AM
This is something that Cryptic should absolutely not give in to the complainers on. At last, the game is asking you to use your brain and not simply obliterate every enemy that crosses your path. So the people who max out their damage like maniacs, ie the insane pvp-ers, are forced to tone it down a notch if they want to do that mission right. Don't give in Cryptic!