Lt. Commander
# 1 Creating your own missions
12-09-2010, 11:59 AM
Hi guys. I was wondering: how exactly do you create your own missions with this new patch? It says "you must create at least one character to test your content" but the button isn't lit up. I already have two characters: A Lt 8 Fed and a Lt 6 Klink, but theydon't seem to be allowed either. Someone please tell me how to do it.
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-09-2010, 12:19 PM
The Foundry was not released to the live servers with the season 3 update. It still needs more work, and will be pushed to live when ready.

IIRC, Foudry is down on the test servers until the end of the week as well.
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-09-2010, 12:24 PM
Okay, thanks for the quick response. I guess we'll have to wait
Lt. Commander
# 4
12-09-2010, 12:40 PM
thanks for the reply. I was wondering it myself as it is clearly read it would be at the Season 3 update.
as they where bregging about it also in interviews.
its a bid sad to read true the hole update list without any mentiion of it beeing suspended.
There should have been at least a message on the screen saying it was disabled for now.
and offcource showing it here as part of season 3
http://www.startrekonline.com/season_three

I am just a bid sad i guess beeing a life time subscriber who has played this game only for few weeks at the start and left the game waiting for the bridge to FINALY work like it suposed to. I guess i have to wait an other 3 seasons or so *looks sad*
At the very beginning there was a pool made by Cryptic what people wanted most.
Working bridges was on top. gues they printed the list on paper and hold it upside down.
everyone knows 75% of episodes take place on bridge.

I must admit i returned even without working bridges to take a look at the content generate options as i was looking forward to make some content. But seems i have to wait yet again.
i guess i could run around on my own out of proportion bridge and look at the static starmap and beam off my bridge when i switch to tactial view *sign* nah i just wait for the content creation to be enabled. hoping that it will bring me the fun i am waiting a year for.
i keep blabbering its time to shut up and wait yet again.

broken universal translater shutting down, please replace Quantrium Batteries.
Lt. Commander
# 5
12-09-2010, 12:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountblanc View Post
thanks for the reply. I was wondering it myself as it is clearly read it would be at the Season 3 update.
it is a season 3 update.

season 3 runs all the way until season 4. they have been saying for months it was unlikely to hit the live server at launch, but it should be back up to test this weekend on tribble.
Lt. Commander
# 6
12-09-2010, 01:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Revo
it is a season 3 update.

season 3 runs all the way until season 4. they have been saying for months it was unlikely to hit the live server at launch, but it should be back up to test this weekend on tribble.
Well i must admit i have not read that much the forum anymore as i do not play the game anymore.
reason i came back early (waiting for the working bridge) was for the mission editor.
as it is clearly is emplied here: http://www.startrekonline.com/season_three
That season 3 is available now and top of the list is the new beta foundry.

as it is not here yet it should be at the bottom of the list under: >> Even More on the Way
anyway that is my two cents but then again i do not read every post cryptic makes anymore i just read their news articals.
Lt. Commander
# 7
12-09-2010, 02:38 PM
This will sound stupid... But what exactly is tribble?
Lt. Commander
# 8
12-09-2010, 02:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinecone3 View Post
This will sound stupid... But what exactly is tribble?
It's the test server. And it's not a stupid question, since I didn't know either until a few weeks ago!
Lt. Commander
# 9
12-09-2010, 03:01 PM
For completeness' sake, the Live server is called Holodeck. Cryptic's vernacular contains Holodeck/Tribble and not Live/Test
Lt. Commander
# 10
12-09-2010, 03:07 PM
After the flood of feedback in the Foundry's open beta, the team (rightly imo) decided to pull it until more work had been done on it.