Lt. Commander
# 1 The Cure - Noob Help and Tips
01-09-2011, 10:56 AM
Hey folks.

So Ive always been very sceptical towards STFs but since ive done The Infected quite well and easy with some good advise from peeps at the forums I am now trying The Cure.
So now Im here after my first Cure experience and we got creamed by the Borg big time (2nd Transfromer gate). A team of 5 noobs - the same team that did Infected with no probs at all after reading the tips.
And since I know there are nice and helpfull peeps out there I come and ask for help and guidance and not for a nerf or a written down rant.

So please all you experienced people.

What is the best equipment ( weapons / kits / armor)?

How can you beat the Transformer puzzle? How do you split your team best? What to attack first?
We wanted to take on the Workers but were simple too far away from each other as some were defending transfo 1 one was trying to get a node down and 2 defending transfo 2. We simply didnt know what do do first.

How to beat that endboss?

And please for Kahless sake dont write: Join an active fleet. Or learn to communicate. Please dont.
I know that by now.

Thanks in advance for all your help.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-09-2011, 11:24 AM
There has been a few people that posted guides on the stfs with great tips. The tips and tricks guide that I posted a few days ago covers the general stuff. And there are others that go into extreme detail. There is also video guides if you need them.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-09-2011, 09:56 PM
I do not want tips on STFs in general. I want answers to my questions so that people when hopefully using the search function for "the cure" come to this thread and dont have to look in 100 other threads for answers.
Still it would have been nice if you had posted some links.
I also found vids on youtube about the endboss fight but nothing on the Transformer puzzle strategies.
So if anybody would like to contribute a little somehting to make things easier then please feel free to write here. Thank you.

I found this quote in another thread.

Quote:
25.5 metres is the safe aggro distance in general. activate all the transformers to spawn them in, kill all and nodes but the medics at each one then all you gotta deal with is the workers on the second run since unless the last drone is kliied they do not spawn in.
Can anybody explain what that supposed to mean cause I honestly have no idea.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-09-2011, 10:45 PM
it means that when you got activate the transformaers (for the gates) only the workers beam in when just the medic drones are left to block the main group from beaming in = less/no change in aggro apart from letting the medics melee you since they are weak anyways letting you just keep the worker drones away from the transformers long enough to bring the gate down.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-09-2011, 11:14 PM
I typed in "tips for the cure" and my thread came up. http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...=the+cure+tips

You could at the least try the search function instead of getting someone to use it for you :p
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-10-2011, 01:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by f1restarter
I also found vids on youtube about the endboss fight but nothing on the Transformer puzzle strategies.
You can use the non aggro tactic, sniper rifle and stun pistol, and only shoot workers from a safe distance. There is no video made of this, I think, but you can read it here how to do it:
http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=148519

For killings the boss without aggroing borg node groups: http://img155.imageshack.us/i/bossea.jpg/
- If it is your first time, i recommend to try it first with science officer for pulling the boss.
- Science officer shoot one time on boss on a distance of 30m, and then keep a distance of 35m all the time and keep walking back till the boss is at tree. You may have to shoot boss one more time while he's walking, so the boss will not beam back to his original position.
- If the boss is at tree, the science officer run to boss and fight him in close range with bat'leth or shoot him.
- When the science officer is fighting boss in close range, your team can shoot the boss at a distance of 25m. Your team always have to keep distance of 25m of boss. Your team will not use security officers or plasma grenades on boss.

If somehow you fail or the boss beamed back to his original position and boss personal shield is not full, you can not pull boss anymore. Then the whole team will run back to the gate, wait few seconds and boss personal shield is recharged. Now you can pull him again.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-10-2011, 01:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acceleron
I typed in "tips for the cure" and my thread came up. http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...=the+cure+tips

You could at the least try the search function instead of getting someone to use it for you :p
To be honest I did use it but if ya dont know the right keywords then you get 10+ pages of threads and really, looking through all those threads this I didnt want.
Anyway thank you for the link.
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-10-2011, 01:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davinnio View Post
If your team can kill borgs very easy and fast, check out the video from the group of Cutter Slade:
http://rapidshare.com/files/421279166/The_Cure.wmv

Or you can use the non aggro tactic, sniper rifle and stun pistol, and only shoot workers from a safe distance. There is no video made of this, I think, but you can read it here how to do it:
http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=148519

Thanks very much. Very helpful indeed. Trying this tonight when we do the next run.
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-10-2011, 01:47 AM
Your welcome
I also put the a small guide how to do the boss very easy and fast. See previous post.
If you go try tonight and you need help or have questions, you can contact me if I am in game or send mail
Lt. Commander
# 10 Pulling the Boss again
01-10-2011, 05:30 AM
If the boss has beamed back to his old position with his shield down , it's still possible to pull him down:
one guy has to throw a plasma grenade on him again , so he will walk again ! in that way you are able to pull him down to the trees again.