Lt. Commander
# 11
12-10-2010, 02:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustrumRidcully View Post
As I understand it, it's no "may be". There will be optional mission goals for all 3 player classes at some point. When that will be, I don't know.

But it's working as intended for now, except the Errikson bug - Fail and success conditions are inconsistent you need to raid more freighters to avoid a failure then you need to succeed. Sounds illogical? Well, I warned you.
That's certainly what was said. Yet, the content was released incomplete. I remain skeptical that we will see additions to fully flesh this out.

Which, honestly, is fine with me. The missions are extremely boring and reflect the same "Klingons like to kill everything" perspective behind all of the Klingon content except for the story missions. Those are excellent.
Lt. Commander
If on a team and split up to take on both the standard mission and the optional mission, say in Kern.
If both teams fulfill the needed requirements of said missions, does the whole team get credit for completion of both missions?

edit: I apoligize as I am running one and thought , "Hey, I need to get my fleetmates" and am lazy at the monent andn in combat..
Lt. Commander
# 13
12-10-2010, 09:14 PM
A fleetmate and I have been runnign these all day.. and we cannot get the pirating ones for love or money.
There are too many spawns in Transport mission... hell theres too many spawns in both. and way to many science gank skills sloting around in the Erikson mission. I mean for cryin out loud you can only have so many Science Teams. I've had my VorCha dead in the water from multiple system shutdowns from all the phaser procs... I cant aggro em all because tha AI is actually semi intelligent,... because the BoP in group runs off to pirate the freighters... they cant shake the lone harasser AND kdisable the frieghters and they certainly cant do all flippin 4.

I enjoy a challenge but the transport raid missions have both fllipping feet in NOT FUN category. complete turnoff
Lt. Commander
# 14
12-11-2010, 04:09 AM
it told me i failed the whole mission when the first 3 ships warped away the second 3 ships were still there
Lt. Commander
# 15
12-11-2010, 05:56 AM
I managed to fail the optional content in Eriksson even though I looted all four freighters. My optional mission fails if after looting the freighter it then goes to warp or gets blown up. So, I can show 4 of 4 objectives complete, but it'll be a fail status. I bugged it because I can't see how I can complete the optional objectives and still fail the mission.
Lt. Commander
# 16
12-11-2010, 06:26 AM
It took some work, but I figured out how to do the Ericsson mission in my BoP at least. I tried it three times, and you really have to move in order to complete the optional objective. I'll have to jump over to my Vor'cha to see how that works, but I think it will suck entirely.

First, cloak (obviously). Get really close to the first freighters. Decloak and crush them. Evasive manuever to the back freighters and hit them hard (cloak if you have time). Then loot them quickly. You should be out of range of the enemy ships. Fly over to the last pair and at least disable them. Cloak and fly over to the first group and disable them again. Return to the last group and loot them. Then proceed to destroy the enemies and the EPS conduits. Disable the freighters and loot, if possible. Destroy the Feds.

I kinda like Bravo. Sure, you are still destroying things, but it isn't the objective (except for the drydock one). It adds some purpose to the "shoot to kill" mentality found too much in this game. Alpha is just more of the same. And I'm kinda disappointed that all of the anomalies I am getting are orange. If you aren't going to make them purple, at least randomize them.
Lt. Commander
# 17
12-11-2010, 03:14 PM
Hrmm, Eriksson and Freighter Raid play nothing like the version that was on tribble.
On tribble i could solo them including optional in my Vor'cha, it was narrow but doable.
On holo, no way, no with 2 people, not with 3 people in the team.
The spawnrate of enemy ships in a team negate all team bonus and makes it even worse then solo.
Both mission also seem very bugged in the failure condition.
How can the raid fail when still all 6 freighters are present and disabled?
How can eriksson fail with 4/4 of freighters looted?
Why does hitting space cancels the item pickup dialog silently?

As it stands now those two missions are to bugged to be playable.

Can we have the tribble version back like it was first bought in for testing? They where much better.
Lt. Commander
# 18
12-11-2010, 03:59 PM
Ok so I don't mind a challenge, but these missions are agonizing in a carrier. Just my 2 cents.
Lt. Commander
# 19
12-11-2010, 05:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ikrit122 View Post
It took some work, but I figured out how to do the Ericsson mission in my BoP at least. I tried it three times, and you really have to move in order to complete the optional objective. I'll have to jump over to my Vor'cha to see how that works, but I think it will suck entirely.

Jumped over to my Vor'cha, and the Ericsson was hard! Mind you, I'm specced as a combat cruiser, and I had trouble 1) keeping the enemy ships off of me to loot the freighters and 2) getting from freighter group to freighter group. I recommend going as a group if you don't run a BoP/Raptor.
Lt. Commander
# 20
12-11-2010, 08:32 PM
A comment on the ones where you have to loot the Freighters, Eriksson in particular. The best way I've found to do it is just to team up. I know, I KNOW as KDF this is a billion times easier said then done. But thankfully it is possible to get these missions beaten(not with the bonus) solo. With Eirksson you have to remember it is wanting you to loot the -starting- 4 freighters. The two in the shield bubble are a distraction and do not think you can use them to get the bonus if any of the first 4 escape. If you can get multiple people have one rush in and tag each Civillian ship so you can have a party member designated as Raider take the freighters down as fast as they can.