Lt. Commander
# 1 Annoyance with mission replay
12-09-2010, 03:57 PM
I noticed in the mission replay bio it says its a simulation which you select from your bridge this is great and fine. But why then do we need to pilot our ships to the mission sectors why cant we simply play them from the bridge after all when its a simulation?
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-09-2010, 04:01 PM
Simplicity I imagine. Several missions are broken up into stages where you travel from one planet to the next. Eh, it's a game. If you REALLY are committed to RP'ing it (or justifying it in your head), just think of your sector space travel as on the holodeck as well.
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-09-2010, 04:03 PM
I'm gonna wager that the simulation simulates where you are and where your going to and how to get there
Lt. Commander
# 4
12-09-2010, 04:04 PM
valid points I suppose ill just role play it then. *sighs*
Lt. Commander
# 5
12-09-2010, 04:06 PM
foundry sort of told me that missions have to have doors to enter them from. some even have you needing to talk to a contact on a social zone before the actual missions can start making it even trickier to just have us transported there.

could they get around it, maybe. would it be far more hassle than its worth. almost certainly.
Lt. Commander
# 6
12-09-2010, 04:09 PM
It would be nice to just start them from the bridge, I agree.
Lt. Commander
# 7
12-09-2010, 04:48 PM
The only thing I found annoying was that the Type 1 TOS Phaser is only 19 dps, and doesn't scale. Makes it all but worthless to higher level characters.

So much for equipping my entire away team with TOS weapons (though, I suppose I could use all type 2 phasers from the Devidian arc).
Lt. Commander
# 8
12-09-2010, 05:03 PM
My only real beef with this is the rewards. While I was doing the Borg missions I was fitting my ships with some pretty good gear. After I reached Vice Admiral, though, I could no longer get the emblems or whatever I needed to buy those parts. So I was hoping that in the replay you could get those marks again... unfortunately it seems they just give you experience, which is still absolutely useless to me at endgame. It's not like I can level anymore...
Lt. Commander
# 9
12-09-2010, 06:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drifter25 View Post
My only real beef with this is the rewards. While I was doing the Borg missions I was fitting my ships with some pretty good gear. After I reached Vice Admiral, though, I could no longer get the emblems or whatever I needed to buy those parts. So I was hoping that in the replay you could get those marks again... unfortunately it seems they just give you experience, which is still absolutely useless to me at endgame. It's not like I can level anymore...
You do know they put an emblem converter store at Battle Group Omega right? You can swap your emblems for the marks you need.
Lt. Commander
# 10
12-09-2010, 07:06 PM
I hope that some day they move the mission replay from the ready room down to our holodeck (at least on Fed ships, Klingon ships wouldnt have holodecks). That way the flying there etc can be considered all part of it.