Lt. Commander
I had some trouble with the video quality of this one, but hopefully it is useful to you, if you don't know how do some of it. You may have to turn your monitor brightness up to watch it.

NPC idle animations, chat animations, and chat bubbles:

http://starbaseugc.com/index.php/sto...-chat-bubbles/

Thanks!
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-09-2010, 03:53 PM
Thanks!
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-09-2010, 04:06 PM
Thankyou for this
Lt. Commander
# 4
12-09-2010, 04:13 PM
Awsoeme,

I didnt have a chance to play around with costumes much at all so this was very helpful.

Is the idea similar for ships?
Lt. Commander
# 5
12-09-2010, 04:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacoben
Awsoeme,

I didnt have a chance to play around with costumes much at all so this was very helpful.

Is the idea similar for ships?
Yes, I beileve that you can costume ships to different ones, but the ship will fire the weapons of what it used to be. So, a Romulan warbird skinned as a Fed Runabout (if that's possible?) will fire disruptors and blow you to bits.
Lt. Commander
# 6
12-09-2010, 05:28 PM
Yay finally I can clean up "Shattered Peace in the Mirror" when foundry is back up. Thanks
Lt. Commander
# 7
12-09-2010, 05:45 PM
Very Very useful info

Meow
Lt. Commander
# 8
12-10-2010, 12:21 PM
Great video Kirkfat! I can't wait for the Foundry to come back up.
Lt. Commander
# 9
12-10-2010, 06:55 PM
I tried following your tutorial, but perhaps they've changed features. For one thing, Single Targ is no longer available, and secondly, no matter what, no Group NPC, even when changed to a Single Costume (of which there are very few now, and none of them Orion) none of them have idle animations anymore, or wander animations, or any other options beyond position, name, and behavior.

I keep trying to make a Ensign scan the wall in Engineering, but I can make single people, just squads...
Lt. Commander
# 10
12-10-2010, 07:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulcan.Skon View Post
I tried following your tutorial, but perhaps they've changed features. For one thing, Single Targ is no longer available, and secondly, no matter what, no Group NPC, even when changed to a Single Costume (of which there are very few now, and none of them Orion) none of them have idle animations anymore, or wander animations, or any other options beyond position, name, and behavior.

I keep trying to make a Ensign scan the wall in Engineering, but I can make single people, just squads...
hmmmm... that's strange. I guess that is to be expected with beta changes.

edit: I just logged into the foundry on Tribble and it's still the same. Single Targ is 2nd from the top of npc groups. All the animation options are still there.