Lt. Commander
# 1 What the heck JUST happened?
12-09-2010, 02:44 AM
I was completeing the last part of the last mission for this season for my character after seeing the 25 minute warning and I get a message that I FAILED the mission. Somehow the IKS ship I was not to destroy, destroyed itself. I was no where near the ship and was just about to blow up the last asteriod. What happened?! I can't restart the mision because I have less than 25 minutes and the game says I have to wait 30 MINUTES to restart the mission.

I can't get the limited item now. I can't believe this is happening. How could be happening to me? Is this a game mechanic to make you do the mission twice? How is this even possible?

I am so very angry right now. I want to scream expletives, and shout so loud they hear me in space, and post even harder things on the forums, but I know I can't do that as I would be banned.

Can someone please explain to me why I was just stabbed in the back by Cryptic? Why?!?
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-09-2010, 02:46 AM
what weapons are you using?
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-09-2010, 02:47 AM
Ok, I just looked at the NPC and Combat logs and ther is no indication that I attacked or even targetted the ship after the intitla dfisabling. What the heck?!
Lt. Commander
# 4
12-09-2010, 02:48 AM
are you using any DOT weapons?
Lt. Commander
# 5
12-09-2010, 02:51 AM
I was using the phasers I got in the previous mision and the mines were not being used at the time. Besides all that, I was actrually RUNNING away from all the battlecruisers and getting blown up for it because my focus was the asteriod and its pieces and finishing the mission before the server shut down.
Lt. Commander
# 6
12-09-2010, 02:52 AM
Assuming you refering to the "Night of the Comet" mission, why did you leave it to the last minute before the update to complete it? Is it really Cryptic's fault that you chose the date of the update and only less than hour before the maintenance hit?

Try to cool down and take a look on what you are saying here and tell me it doesnt sound silly.

If you require help to do the mission by all means give myself or other people a tell in game and we will run it with you to make it less of a chore
Lt. Commander
# 7
12-09-2010, 02:53 AM
Is there a way for me to pull the game's server and NPC chat logs. Or a way to look into the code for what may have gone wrong?!
Lt. Commander
# 8
12-09-2010, 02:54 AM
oh ok so you didn't attack a D7 that blew up near it or use fire at will?
Lt. Commander
# 9
12-09-2010, 02:55 AM
It was not really a choice to do it this late. I ran into multiple issues preventing me from doing it before this week, but I thought I had it done in time and until THIS happened.

But thanks for your comments anyway.

*so angry right now*
Lt. Commander
# 10
12-09-2010, 02:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky_13_X
Can someone please explain to me why I was just stabbed in the back by Cryptic? Why?!?
Claiming that you've been backstabbed by a game developer because you failed a mission is stupid.