Lt. Commander
Just wondering if it still the same because when I click the "Hail Starfleet" button next to my minimap I end up on "Available" ... and if I need to find my completed miission, and turn them in, I need to look for the mission in the "In Progress" tab (not the Available), then look for the little green marker next to the completed mission, then click Hail Starfleet in the lower left corner to turn it in.

Is it supposed to do that? I sort of found that slighty annoying
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-09-2010, 02:22 PM
I haven't logged in yet but from what I read while at work I think what you're looking for might now be mixed in with the Journal.
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-09-2010, 02:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawkorrr View Post
Just wondering if it still the same because when I click the "Hail Starfleet" button next to my minimap I end up on "Available" ... and if I need to find my completed miission, and turn them in, I need to look for the mission in the "In Progress" tab (not the Available), then look for the little green marker next to the completed mission, then click Hail Starfleet in the lower left corner to turn it in.

Is it supposed to do that? I sort of found that slighty annoying
They new layout cleans everything up nicely. The info stuff you ignore is on it's own tab. The missions are the "Available" tab. The ones you finish now have a green check mark on the left side so they are easy to spot and turn in.

Good Job Cryptic.
Lt. Commander
# 4
12-09-2010, 02:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capulet View Post
They new layout cleans everything up nicely. The info stuff you ignore is on it's own tab. The missions are the "Available" tab. The ones you finish now have a green check mark on the left side so they are easy to spot and turn in.

Good Job Cryptic.
i think its a general improvement (apart from mine is not working too well at the moment) although i found the tick slightly harder to see at a quick glance then the earlier version. although im playing a klingon with a red background, maybe its looks clearer with a blue background.
Lt. Commander
# 5
12-09-2010, 02:40 PM
Yes but at the same time it's broken.

I tested it out. I turned in a mission I had completed, noticed that the contact had a new mission for me but did not take it, closed the window. Hailed Starfleet again and under the Available tab no contacts are available, which made me actually go to the contact and pick the mission up.
Lt. Commander
# 6
12-09-2010, 02:46 PM
I really hate the new Contact list.

With the Old Version it was "Hail", find the person, and intialize the mission. Now its: Hail, go to Contact Page and find the mission, then hail again to talk to the person to activate the mission.

So the old Contact version was far, far better. Especially since with the old verison if you dropped the mission you can immediately go back to the person. You can't with the new version at all.
Lt. Commander
# 7
12-09-2010, 06:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azurian View Post
I really hate the new Contact list.

With the Old Version it was "Hail", find the person, and intialize the mission. Now its: Hail, go to Contact Page and find the mission, then hail again to talk to the person to activate the mission.

So the old Contact version was far, far better. Especially since with the old verison if you dropped the mission you can immediately go back to the person. You can't with the new version at all.
I'm sure it's meant to let you see all the missions that are available - when it works.

Not showing contacts with active misions available is probably a bug. Right now, mine is showing that Franklin Drake is Four of Ten and that Icheb is Franklin Drake. It also wouldn't show me the Klingon Sorties contact.

So I think the new screen is a much better layout (I like seeing what the contacts have on offer and the tabbed view and the fact that it's integrated with the journal) but it's just got launch bugs. Hopefully you will reevaluate it when it's working.