Lt. Commander
# 1 Cold Case-Asteroid Bug
12-09-2010, 05:03 PM
Hey all,

When doing the "Cold Case" mission cannot move past the "Destroy Asteroids 0/3" objective. Even after I destroyed them, I just sit there not knowing what to do next. Has anyone had this issue?
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-09-2010, 05:13 PM
Nope, tells me to scan the star map. But haven't done it today.

Possible just need to scroll down the mission step list thing? Unlikely, but best to ask just in case
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-09-2010, 05:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axterix
Possible just need to scroll down the mission step list thing? Unlikely, but best to ask just in case
When I destroy the asteroids the objective still lists "0/3". It does not even register that I destroyed them
Lt. Commander
# 4
12-09-2010, 05:40 PM
Same problem here, I just tried it and after destroying them it still said 0/3 destroyed.

I've had 2 other problems with the Deferi missions. In Cold Call I couldn't scan the warp particles, the button just wouldn't work. In Cold Storage after defeating the hostile squadrons at the start, it didn't count it as done.

Also, the description of the S'hinga system is really stupid. "Both S'hinga prime and its moon orbit a class B dwarf star". Wow really, they both orbit the star? Isn't it kind of obvious that the moon would orbit the same star as the planet?
Lt. Commander
# 5
12-09-2010, 06:30 PM
Same issue for me. I dropped and repeated twice, same problem.
Lt. Commander
# 6
12-09-2010, 07:52 PM
Same issue. WTF? Worked perfectly for all my other characters. I swear that STO is like Whack A' Mole... one problem gets fixed and 3 others take its place.
Lt. Commander
# 7
12-09-2010, 10:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feanor12345 View Post
Also, the description of the S'hinga system is really stupid. "Both S'hinga prime and its moon orbit a class B dwarf star". Wow really, they both orbit the star? Isn't it kind of obvious that the moon would orbit the same star as the planet?
That is rather silly, but for a slightly different reason. Being a moon and all, I expect it to orbit the planet. If it were orbiting the star, well, that's what planets, planetoids, and the like do, not moons.
Lt. Commander
# 8
12-10-2010, 06:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedara90 View Post
Hey all,

When doing the "Cold Case" mission cannot move past the "Destroy Asteroids 0/3" objective. Even after I destroyed them, I just sit there not knowing what to do next. Has anyone had this issue?
Yep Quest is broken for me and a friend of mine too, we tried it to play the quest solo once, and grouped twice, everytime same result, the asteroid rubbles will not count, so the mission is broken.
Lt. Commander
# 9
12-10-2010, 06:39 AM
Yep, tried four times.

After doing it twice yesterday, I bugged it. After another try I tried for a GM thinking it was just me since I couldn't find a thread about it on the forum at the time, and hoped they'd just tick the counter so I could finish the Breen missions but I got tired after two hours of waiting and logged.

Tried again after this morning's mini-patch, just in case it was part of the server instability somehow, but it's still bugged.

It's frustrating because I can't finish the Breen missions until it's fixed.
Lt. Commander
# 10
12-10-2010, 07:48 AM
thats weird because i was replaying through the mission saturdays child and i had to destroy the asteroid at the end. i did so but it never registered as a kill. I thought that perhaps i had just done it too quickly and had not waited for the pop up dialogue after i had destroyed the klingon ship (being a much higher level than the mission). So i just quit the mission.

maybe its the asteroids that are bugged affecting all the destructible asteroids in the game? be interesting to see if those two are linked.