Lt. Commander
I wondered if it might be possible to use "me", or rather the costume I have set for my toon (or your toon, as the case may be) for pop-up dialogs. This would allow more of a dialog between the captain and crew. It would also allow for more free-form speechifying.

I'm thinking I'd like to do a "Now hear this. This is the captain." speech.

Thank you for your consideration.

EB
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-10-2010, 07:14 AM
I was thinking the same thing the other day; it would be nice to start off a mission with a captain's log explaining where your going and why.
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-10-2010, 07:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
I was thinking the same thing the other day; it would be nice to start off a mission with a captain's log explaining where your going and why.
this is a good idea.
Lt. Commander
# 4
12-10-2010, 07:32 AM
yes i do want this. it would make a captain log's doable at least.
Lt. Commander
# 5
12-10-2010, 07:36 AM
If not a player popup, then any kind of a generic popup would work too, also allowing us to read computer consoles, tricorders, inscriptions on ancient artifacts, etc.
Lt. Commander
# 6
12-10-2010, 07:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirkfat View Post
If not a player popup, then any kind of a generic popup would work too, also allowing us to read computer consoles, tricorders, inscriptions on ancient artifacts, etc.
Oh! Excellent idea.

Maybe the ability to comment on what you are reading, too? As in..

{You are able to decipher only a few of the symbols on the screen.. There is one symbol that keeps changing.. You think it's a number. That's right.. 49.. 48.. 47.. 46.. Hmm.. .what could that possibly mean?}