Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
The system is now placing Federation ships on my Klingon's team from time to time. These ships can't join the team, nor can they receive healing. They can, however, be focus fired by the enemy all match long.
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-09-2010, 08:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CWRicheson View Post
The system is now placing Federation ships on my Klingon's team from time to time. These ships can't join the team, nor can they receive healing. They can, however, be focus fired by the enemy all match long.
You can heal a mixed team, but since you aren't able to team up with a member of the other faction, it's EXTREMELY difficult because you can't see their health status. Good communication only goes so far in this case.
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-09-2010, 08:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zanshi View Post
You can heal a mixed team, but since you aren't able to team up with a member of the other faction, it's EXTREMELY difficult because you can't see their health status. Good communication only goes so far in this case.
When I target the other member, and am in range, and use a heal, I use it on myself.
Lt. Commander
# 4
12-09-2010, 08:41 PM
Quote:
When I target the other member, and am in range, and use a heal, I use it on myself.
Hmm really? personally i just don't bother but if so it sounds like a bug
Lt. Commander
# 5
12-09-2010, 09:35 PM
Quote:
It's that way in Challenge PvP
Lt. Commander
# 6
12-09-2010, 10:15 PM
it also sucks because that person can not see the rest of the team if they are too far away and can end up lost =/
Lt. Commander
# 7
12-09-2010, 11:23 PM
I was able to heal & extend shields on a fed ship on my team today. Well, i Know the extend shields worked, i'm assuming the heal worked, as I used it first, & he was still targeted for my extend shields.The inability to cross faction team is apparently A BIG Deal with no easy fix, otherwise we would be able to team up for STF's.
I don't mind seeing feds on my team, even though i know i'm probably going to lose because of the whole inability to communicate w/o the whole zone seeing what's being said .I don't care, because to me flying with fed ships on my side is something different than i have done for the last 200+ days in PVP, & any change is welcome.( yes, i have fed toons, But I've hardly played them since season1.2)
I do hope the Devs are working on a cross faction teaming ability, maybe they could put an auto-team function in PVP where when you're put in an arena, everyone on your side is automatically teamed up, & give players the option to drop team if they want after the match starts.(although why they would want to I can't imagine.) Anyway, Enjoy flying with your new allies feds. And I gotta say,Today was kind of disappointing to me. I saw Klingons let Fed teammates die, & laugh about it on team chat. That's just messed up. They didn't ask to fly with us, & we shouldn't just let them die because they're "only" Feds.They're "Our" Feds for the duration of the Arena. Kill them with extreme prejudice when they are on the other side in the next round, but don't just leave them hanging out to dry when they're thinking that Klingons are watching their back.
And if you do, don't brag about it.There's no Honor in that.
Lt. Commander
# 8
12-10-2010, 01:07 AM
Having played with the Foundry Beta a little, it seems to me the allegiance/faction system is a little... suboptimally set up. Assuming that's how it works for the entire game.

NPCs groups seem to have their allegiance hard-wired. You cannot use a group of Federation ships to fight a Federation player. (That's not _that_ bad, since there is a Terran Empire faction you could use instead, but if you want to have some Klingon infighting...). I know that in the game, hey occassionally "violated" these rules (I think the first KDF PVE mission has you also fighting a few BoPs.). You can change the costumes of ships to look like a member of any faction, but it will use weapons and powers like a member of the original enemy group faction.

I think the same problem must be somehow hurting the PvP missions and STFs or the Fleet Action. At least they managed to make us not shoot each other in the Undine Fleet Action, Borg DSEs and Battlegroup Omega.
Lt. Commander
# 9
12-10-2010, 01:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by amidoinitright View Post
I was able to heal & extend shields on a fed ship on my team today. Well, i Know the extend shields worked, i'm assuming the heal worked, as I used it first, & he was still targeted for my extend shields.The inability to cross faction team is apparently A BIG Deal with no easy fix, otherwise we would be able to team up for STF's.
I don't mind seeing feds on my team, even though i know i'm probably going to lose because of the whole inability to communicate w/o the whole zone seeing what's being said .I don't care, because to me flying with fed ships on my side is something different than i have done for the last 200+ days in PVP, & any change is welcome.( yes, i have fed toons, But I've hardly played them since season1.2)
I do hope the Devs are working on a cross faction teaming ability, maybe they could put an auto-team function in PVP where when you're put in an arena, everyone on your side is automatically teamed up, & give players the option to drop team if they want after the match starts.(although why they would want to I can't imagine.) Anyway, Enjoy flying with your new allies feds. And I gotta say,Today was kind of disappointing to me. I saw Klingons let Fed teammates die, & laugh about it on team chat. That's just messed up. They didn't ask to fly with us, & we shouldn't just let them die because they're "only" Feds.They're "Our" Feds for the duration of the Arena. Kill them with extreme prejudice when they are on the other side in the next round, but don't just leave them hanging out to dry when they're thinking that Klingons are watching their back.And if you do, don't brag about it.There's no Honor in that.
This...

A good Fed cruisercaptain can be a powerful ally.
Lt. Commander
# 10
12-10-2010, 02:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustrumRidcully View Post
Having played with the Foundry Beta a little, it seems to me the allegiance/faction system is a little... suboptimally set up. Assuming that's how it works for the entire game.

NPCs groups seem to have their allegiance hard-wired. You cannot use a group of Federation ships to fight a Federation player. (That's not _that_ bad, since there is a Terran Empire faction you could use instead, but if you want to have some Klingon infighting...). I know that in the game, hey occassionally "violated" these rules (I think the first KDF PVE mission has you also fighting a few BoPs.). You can change the costumes of ships to look like a member of any faction, but it will use weapons and powers like a member of the original enemy group faction.

I think the same problem must be somehow hurting the PvP missions and STFs or the Fleet Action. At least they managed to make us not shoot each other in the Undine Fleet Action, Borg DSEs and Battlegroup Omega.
I believe playerships are different.. If you go to Dronaza, youll show the opposing NPC ships as red (tough unable to shoot on them) and the players as neutral