Lt. Commander
# 1 Storage Suggestion
12-03-2010, 04:33 AM
Item : Cargo Container.

Common : 9 Slots
Uncommon : 16 Slots
Rare : 25 Slots
Ultra Rare : 36 Slots

This Item would only take one slot in your inventory or bank.

Right-Clicking and selecting "Use" would open up another inventory type window giving you the ability to store items within.

It would also be tradable, making it much easier to send items to alts and/or fleet members.

Addition : Item can be labelled for easy identification (suggestion by Drakkos)
--------------------------------------------

Personally I dont think the bank/inventory needs to get any bigger, we just need more storage options. Most MMOs have some sort of "bag" item and I think STO would benefit with them.

Please give me your opinions on this idea.
Lt. Commander
# 2 stacks
12-03-2010, 10:43 AM
stacks are going up to 100 in few days.
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-03-2010, 12:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleeves
stacks are going up to 100 in few days.
Thata true but Consoles/Weapons etc are not stackable.

Im just looking for another storage option that lets me carry different consoles and weapons(space and ground) to make it possible for me to switch depending on my enemy.

Having a bag system would let me organise better and would also save alot of time when sending lower level items to my alts.
Lt. Commander
# 4
12-03-2010, 12:12 PM
I'd suggest they have an option for customized names/labels, so you can easily identify what each one contains.
Lt. Commander
# 5
12-03-2010, 12:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakkos
I'd suggest they have an option for customized names/labels, so you can easily identify what each one contains.
Yes, I agree.

Being able to Label or even Label and Colour your Containers would be great.
Lt. Commander
# 6
12-04-2010, 08:54 AM
Updated.

Tnx for the ideas/replies so far
Lt. Commander
# 7
12-06-2010, 08:08 AM
I generally hate limited storage space in any form but than I like to keep a lot of things for potencial RP use though that is not so big in STO.

Anyway like the idea, more storage is always good, never saw the reasoning behind limiting it anyway, I got unlimited of it in EVE why only there? no idea.
Lt. Commander
# 8
12-06-2010, 08:34 AM
Why so complicated? Just need to add tabs to the bank like those in the fleet bank. Inventory - just more slots, or tabs.

Explain the difference between "more storage options" and a larger inventory, please. I don't see it except for an added level of unnecessary complexity.
Lt. Commander
# 9
12-07-2010, 09:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrustyMac View Post
Why so complicated? Just need to add tabs to the bank like those in the fleet bank. Inventory - just more slots, or tabs.

Explain the difference between "more storage options" and a larger inventory, please. I don't see it except for an added level of unnecessary complexity.
Complicated? Its anything but.

This gives us more options to "organise" our equipment instead of just having everything in one "inventory". as explained it would also be tradable (with contents) so would make transfers to alts or other players alot easier. It would also allow us to find our items quicker and even group items together so we can just switch out a setup quick and easy depending on what enemy you are up against or what situation you are facing. Dragging one cargo container from the bank to your inventory would be alot better than dragging every single data sample that you own so you can go do some crafting.

My suggestion was to make life easier, and to keep it "trek".
Lt. Commander
# 10
12-08-2010, 09:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrustyMac View Post

Why does my C: drive need all those subfolders? You can keep increasing the size of the inventory (one way or another however, I do agree that the fleet bank needs to be bigger), but you eventually still run into the problem of it becoming visually cluttered. Containers aren't just about increasing storage space, they allow for more efficient organization of what you do have.

They shouldn't be easy to obtain though. Make them cost a significant amount of EC, which would keep people from simply filling their inventories with them, as well as creating a "sink" that would lower the amount of EC in the game, which would lower the inflation of prices on the Exchange (based on what little I've read from the economists on these forums regarding the matter. I might be wrong about that). You could counter this to some degree by making different container sizes, allowing for a cheaper, if not as effective, solution.

For example:

Small container => 3 or 4 slots Cost => 7 000 EC
Medium container => 6 or 8 slots Cost => 16 000 EC
Large container => 9 or 12 slots Cost => 25 000 EC