Lt. Commander
# 1 Foundry help
12-10-2010, 12:47 AM
Hello all,

I was so excited for season 3 cause i'd get to make my own missions! i mean how cool is that... much to my disappointment when i log in and click "create content" it tells me to create a new character... So when i click "new character" nothing happens. no dropdown, no new character screen. please tell me there's a quick fix!! Thank you

Wolfrey
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-10-2010, 12:49 AM
Edit- now it wont even highlight and is grayed out...
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-10-2010, 01:41 AM
Same issue.

I already have a complete mission mapped out and ready to go, come on Cryptic, get your act together, this was the major selling point for Season 3 and the ONE thing I was looking forward too.

The mission I've got ready goes like this:

You are sent to a planet to assist in negotiations for a trade deal with a Non-Aligned planet for a valuable and much needed resource for colony construction, Upon arrival you are greeted with a distress call from the planet asking for assistance in stopping a Ship laden with isotonnes of radioactive waste from making planet fall. Tractor Beams are useless and your only option is brave the radiation and beam over to avert disaster, only to find that the disaster is a hoax perpetrated by a dissident faction of the planets population spread fear and lack of confidence in the ruling governments ability to protect its people.

To make matters worse, several members of the advance diplomatic team were kidnapped while you were dealing with the hoax ship. The planets defense minister tells you that any attempt he makes to rescue the hostages would be seen long before anything could be done. Your Tactical officer suggests that a smaller team would be better and offer a much greater chance of success. The Defense minister gives you the location of the Dissident base, and you launch your rescue mission.

After battling your way into the compound, and then through the bases interior, you successfully rescue the hostages, who tell you that this whole situation was manufactured by none other then the Defense minister in bid to seize power. Your ship notifies you that a Capitol-Ship Commanded by the defense minister is inbound and requests you return to the ship immediately. This leads to an Epic one-on-one ship battle, and upon defeat, the minister beams down to the capitol city where he plans on executing the ruling government officials unless you leave the system, then taunts you try and stop him.

Your tactical officer advises that no matter what you do, the likely hood of him doing it anyways is very high. You contact starfleet to request instructions, and a Ferengi admiral tells you that normally this would be considered an internal political matter under the prime directive, Starfleet was used inadvertently to initiate a coup, and continuing instability of this situation would jeopardize the acquisition urgently needed resources. He orders you to rescue the government and bring the minister to justice.

You beam down a third time to the city's capitol building and mound a rescue of the government officials and arrest the minister, turning him over to the planetary government.

Mission accomplished
Lt. Commander
# 4
12-10-2010, 02:58 AM
The Foundry Beta isn't live yet. They have decided to keep it on tribble until they can refine it some more. In addition, it's currently disabled while they are working on it. Stahl says they hope to have it back up one tribble for testing within a few days- which will probably be next week.

So we'll all have to be a little patient a little longer until they get there geese in order.
Lt. Commander
# 5
12-10-2010, 11:38 AM
Ok, thats fine.

But I should have you know, that I looked for over 15 minutes last night, through all the patch notes, and engineering posts about the Foundry and found NO mention of this.

You would think that such a big selling point and the keystone of Season 3 being disabled because its not finished yet would be prominent in the patch notes, even so far as to warrant its own Dev thread about it?
Lt. Commander
# 6
12-10-2010, 11:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aceman67 View Post
You would think that such a big selling point and the keystone of Season 3 being disabled because its not finished yet would be prominent in the patch notes, even so far as to warrant its own Dev thread about it?
Heh.. yet again Cryptic dropping the ball.. something as important as a delay to the no.1 selling point of Season 3 & STO (i.e The Foundry) - and they dont even tell you there's a delay - agreed aceman67 - poor show on Cryptic's part - there's nothing at all on the STO game launcher also..

Hey Cryptic how about keeping your players uptodate?? how about pulling your fingers out! and sticking something as important as this in the "NEWS" section of the game launcher asap so us players dont think Foundary is broken on day 1 !

Regards
DeltaOskarMike