Lt. Commander
# 21
12-11-2010, 03:28 AM
Ok To the op this is easy dont buy them off the exchange the other night i was crafting for a fleet mate and i ran out of tier one or red particles.

no problem i said ill go get some jumped into my ship flew to the delta vanious cluster the one to your right as you leave sol spent 30 mins scanning and entering mission collected about 60 samples and a few rare particles did a few aid the planets and although the drops were low grade i still got diplomatic points for them so no biggey plus samples me very very happy.

So if you dont have millions and millions of credits to spend on the exchange go to the clusters there is enough of them and collect particles im doing this and doing very very well. plus play the dam mini game you collect so much faster for an extra 4 seconds it really isnt hard at all.

lets not all forget crafting is not about going to the exchange and buying what you need and becoming a master in one night it takes time and effort.

I would add if one of the devs could tell us do the rare particles spawn randomly in each cluster or are the level specific
so i can only get xyz rare particles from the btran and abc from the zenas expanse
Lt. Commander
# 22
12-11-2010, 03:52 AM
I complained about that, too, but it's more an issue for my KDF characters who have out-leveled that range and need to grind up their crafting level. The reason it's not a problem once you get your crafting level up is:
  • Schematics are selling for a consistent 35k-50k on the Exchange (look under Data Samples), and...
  • Mk IV and above gear is selling for way, way more than that.
So play the game the way DStahl designed it to be played and it's a lot easier: don't grind for Mk II samples, buy crafted Mk II Schematics from people who are currently level 5 to 10. That 50k isn't much to you, but it's a lot to them.

Samples themselves aren't even selling for as much as I expected them to. Once I got one character capped on crafting, I had enough Mk X samples that I could buy Schematics for 50k, craft Antiproton ship weapons that sell for around 300k, and earn an average of 250k per weapon to spend on samples to send to my other characters via mail.

(This does kind of screw people who got to level 51 without any crafting XP, including the entire KDF, but it's only a one-time screwing, almost exactly like the screwing level 51 Feds got when Diplomacy XP turned out to not be retroactive. No new characters or players will have a problem with it, the old timers just have a bit of grinding to do or a ton of credits they need to spend.)
Lt. Commander
# 23
12-11-2010, 05:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malcolm_Kakuri
You could also take advantage of the multiplayer aspect of the game, and make a lower level friend, who can help you farm them up.

Perhaps you could even form an organization, like a guild or something!
and you could be headquartered in china, or some other asian country
Lt. Commander
# 24
12-11-2010, 10:03 AM
So I tried going to T'ong nebula with my Tac Cmndr last night... apparently I wasn't the ONLY one who thought about 'farming' last night.

There was BoPs, Cruisers, Raptors, CARRIERS... about 20+ Klingons of ALL levels scanning for first teir data samples. After 10 minutes of flying around, I actually ran into an anomaly and got 3 mineral samples! WOOWOO!!!

So currently, with the mad dash for data samples... I have very little hope of crafing anything for a couple weeks I think. So I shall just hoarde higher teir stuff until the 'skies are clear' again.
Lt. Commander
# 25
12-11-2010, 12:04 PM
Thank You, Cryptic new crafting system.

1 million in one hour....

To compare, it took me a month to make 5000 at my lieutenant level and casual play.

Lt. Commander
# 26
12-11-2010, 02:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Revo
personally i think schematics should drop like loot as well. anyone agree?
If they are not dropping like loot does anyone no where to find them. I am having trouble finding them.
Lt. Commander
# 27
12-11-2010, 02:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SNCThunderchild View Post
If they are not dropping like loot does anyone no where to find them. I am having trouble finding them.
They're crafted using red data samples. Look at the tabs at the top of the R&D interface screen.
Lt. Commander
# 28
12-11-2010, 06:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malcolm_Kakuri
You could also take advantage of the multiplayer aspect of the game, and make a lower level friend, who can help you farm them up.

Perhaps you could even form an organization, like a guild or something!
Yeah, especially since we only get one character slot to work with.

Oh wait....

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrimevalAtom View Post
Thank You, Cryptic new crafting system.

1 million in one hour....

To compare, it took me a month to make 5000 at my lieutenant level and casual play.

I'll do you one better. I had about 3.7k or so tier 1 samples, spread across three characters. I'm down to just over 400 (total) but I've made quite the pretty EC in return. This should be awesome for those people who play during "odd hours" too. While most of the playerbase is hugging their pillows tight, those folks can be seeding the exchange for massive ROI and profit.

My Orion gets her mats from a mailbox so the mad rush doesn't bother me at all. Though I do find it odd that this wasn't factored in or accounted for at all. My VA logged in with 1500 skill so 5 minutes "work" got her to the cap. Tier 1 mats aren't an issue for her at all (given the two LCDRs behind her and the LCDR a mailbox away) and I planned ahead and stockpiled. But I've never seen so many Galaxy Xs and Nebulas in Delta Volanis before. :p
Lt. Commander
# 29
12-11-2010, 10:46 PM
The grace of god is gone from me
I have committed sins in the name of profit
My soul has become corrupt and black as the void
I am... hollow.

Yes, I commited a terrible sin today. I am guilty of the WORST form of capitalism. I logged on to my higher level characters with the intention of mailing the data samples to my lower level alts. To create a single 'crafting' alt.

On a whim, when I was MOST weak... and most POOR, I took my samples to the exchange. At first it was just curiosity, but when I saw that ONE single mineral sample was actually SELLING for 12000 EACH... my fall to darkness was complete.

Today, I commited sin...
Today, I am damned...
Today, I made 2.5 million in 2 hours.

Thank you lord above for creating the richly desperate souls, that traded their wealth... for conveniance.
Im in the money... im in the money!
Lt. Commander
# 30
12-12-2010, 09:18 AM

Ok, off to the exchange I go, with roughly 1000 or so of each sample available...

I mean, not like I need it (got about 100 mill :p) but this is too good to pass up