Lt. Commander
Hello Cryptic folks ,

Ever since DStahl's latest "Ask Cryptic" , I have been pondering the supposed question about how to make the game "more like Star Trek" .

That lead me to the question of "what's missing" ingame , and that led me to "Distress Signals" .

I'm thinking about distress signals that either intercept the player in Sector Space (much like the Section31 / KIS missions) , or a Distress Signal being generated by a player ( in all Sector Spaces) based on his faction + rank -- as a way to ask assistance/team-up from rank specific players , instead of typing a general "who wants to do mission X" into the in-game chat , after which players usually inquire if you are rank X or Y , or if you are faction X or Y -- all of which is not indicated when someone asks in game-chat to team up for missions .

P2P Level/Faction targeted distress calls could be more efficient way to group up , and well ... just like most gamers are somewhat compelled to assist their team mates in PVP , there could be (at least partially) the same "Trekkie" compulsion to assist a distress signal that is not coming from an Instance type CGI image that tells you to "grind this sucka !" :p .

Alternate ideas would be welcome !
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-10-2010, 04:17 PM
If NPC distress signals were introduced, they'd better reward with diplomacy XP and special gifts like aid the planet does or the #1 bumper sticker on most Fed ships will be "I slow to impulse for nobody".
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-10-2010, 04:24 PM
I have been suggesting this for months and months. I even have several old threads on it I will see if I can dig up and link.

Edit here it the link to my OP on the subject: http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=147916
Lt. Commander
# 4
12-10-2010, 04:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forgotten-Nemesis View Post
If NPC distress signals were introduced, they'd better reward with diplomacy XP and special gifts like aid the planet does or the #1 bumper sticker on most Fed ships will be "I slow to impulse for nobody".
I'm thinking of an easyer way of prompting grouping (team-ups) for players for non-pvp missions .

I'm also curious as to how we're supposed to invite other players to play out a Foundry created mission for multiple players . Just through the in-game chat ?
(Distres signals in different colors could indicate if you're asked to assist in existing game mission or Foundry mission ). Just say'n . :p