Lt. Commander
# 11 My Enterprise Design Entry
12-11-2010, 11:29 PM
Here's mine guys. http://www.startrekonline.com/enterp...lery?share=781

I was going for a natural evolution of the sovereign with the grandure of the galaxy style. I wanted it to be a bit larger than the current ships. I added armor plating to the front of the ship for ramming purposes. It's intended to have 5 forward phaser banks and 3 aft, with 1 forward and 1 aft torpedo launcher. The idea behind my design was to keep the compacted neck and chasis of the sovereign with the large saucer like the galaxy, but make it a stretched out and curved design to fit with the newer ship styles cryptic has. let me know what you think and please vote if you like it.
Lt. Commander
# 12
12-12-2010, 12:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Callisto86 View Post
If any Devs are reading this thread, this is what we need in this contest: the ability to submit multiple images to fully describe our vessels. Tiberion thanks for the link, your ship is great. I couldn't make out the bussard collectors in the submission pic, but I see them well now and I'm a fan, I like the distinctive split. Also, is that a shuttle bay under the secondary hull?

As for the spade shaped saucer, all I could think was how do we get from the elogated oval like on the E to the widened oval-like shape of the J and drawing it back like that just seemed the best fit.
Yeah I really wish we could build complete projects with a login/registration system, but I understand that would be harder to manage, they want it easy to enter I suppose.

That is indeed a shuttlebay, the yellow-clear doors are both shuttle bays, and then the 2 "clear" areas by the lower impulse engine (and the 2 above the deflector in the front) are torpedo launchers
Lt. Commander
# 13
12-12-2010, 08:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberion1701
Yeah I really wish we could build complete projects with a login/registration system, but I understand that would be harder to manage, they want it easy to enter I suppose.

That is indeed a shuttlebay, the yellow-clear doors are both shuttle bays, and then the 2 "clear" areas by the lower impulse engine (and the 2 above the deflector in the front) are torpedo launchers
I really wish we could add maybe a paragraph of description. I was having a hard time coming up with a good texture for my ship, and then I realized that the metal one I had been using looked kinda like the Doomsday Machine's hull. So I thought why not leave it and say the ship is the first attempt by Starfleet to build a hull out of that material?
Lt. Commander
# 14
12-12-2010, 12:14 PM
http://www.startrekonline.com/enterp...%20O.%20Collet

It's a little fatter than I wanted, but it's the best I could do with the time I had. Unfortunately, I don't have the computer graphic know-how to give this ship a proper presentation. It's still better than a lot of other um..., "submitted material".
Lt. Commander
# 15
12-12-2010, 05:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bariman View Post
http://www.startrekonline.com/enterp...%20O.%20Collet

It's a little fatter than I wanted, but it's the best I could do with the time I had. Unfortunately, I don't have the computer graphic know-how to give this ship a proper presentation. It's still better than a lot of other um..., "submitted material".

So is that supposed to be a Vulcan-style Ring drive? Its a cool ship.. not sure Starfleet would ever use one as an Enterprise though.
Lt. Commander
# 16
12-12-2010, 06:38 PM
I'm hesitant to do this because, first, I submitted it under my name, second, it's a MSPaint starship, and third, someone will probably steal it.

But if the rest of you are willing to do it: http://www.startrekonline.com/enterp...lery?share=607

I call it the Viking class. Sort of an Exploration Cruiser for the 25th Century.
Lt. Commander
# 17
12-12-2010, 06:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by futurepastnow View Post
I'm hesitant to do this because, first, I submitted it under my name, second, it's a MSPaint starship, and third, someone will probably steal it.

But if the rest of you are willing to do it: http://www.startrekonline.com/enterp...lery?share=607

I call it the Viking class. Sort of an Exploration Cruiser for the 25th Century.
It's.... very very Excelsior.

Don't get me wrong, it's a pretty ship, but it just feels like too much of a throwback to me.
Lt. Commander
# 18
12-12-2010, 06:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jexsam View Post
It's.... very very Excelsior.

Don't get me wrong, it's a pretty ship, but it just feels like too much of a throwback to me.
I know, but I want something that's clearly recognizable as a Federation ship. And there's at least as much Sovereign in the design as there is Excelsior.
Lt. Commander
# 19
12-13-2010, 10:58 AM
So, there are clearly some major issues with the submission page. First, you can't view all submissions #1-#1000 or whatever, only a few. Second, I have eight friends who have said "I voted for you", and while I expect that some may just be giving me lip service, I have four votes...one of them being my own...so I'm guessing the voting is a bit off. Third, I just read that you can vote multiple times...well, at least once every 24 hours. I attempted to vote for myself and others I previously voted on (those linked to this thread) and it says I already voted today to try again tomorrow...only I haven't voted yet...and the vote counts remain the same...

Dear Cryptic, I'm a huge supporter, I speak not out of malice or anger at all. Please, give me some guidance here. There are some really excellent designs out there, and they really deserve the proper attention, so please, if there is some sort of error in counting the votes can we look into it and correct it? I mean, the Picard-head ship has 2-3 votes...surely some of the actual designs have received more than that and yet the leading vote getter has only 5.

Thanks for your efforts so far, the idea of letting us get a chance to design a ship, especially the Enterprise is fantastic. And kudos to those who are submitting actual original work because it is excellent. As for the other stuff...well, it does make the thought out designs stick out better, but it is rather annoying to scroll through it all...
Lt. Commander
# 20
12-13-2010, 12:26 PM
Mine is in my Sig, so go there. However the pic is not as nice as I would of hoped. I added detail that you can barely see in those pics.

It's not great, but it was literally my first attempt at actual 3D modeling.