Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 21
12-13-2010, 12:50 PM
Ok here is what I tried to work with my idea. I peciled a sketch but I'm not an artist and I figured we'd get to use a tool like a costomization to design something but guess not the case. So I tried to draw the ship after I found out but this is what got entered

http://www.startrekonline.com/enterp...&keyword=Peter

I never did like the bridge sitting on top of the saucer siloetted so nice to be a great target I guess that's why it takes so much damage in the shows. So with my design I sunk the birdge into the deck 1 and wanted something like the Akira saucer rises to also help reduce the view onto the bridge.

I was looking for a design that leaned toward the J but closer still to current ship models like the sovereign.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 22
12-13-2010, 12:53 PM
not bad Martok

Btw, the direct link to your entry for sharing purposes is: http://www.startrekonline.com/enterp...lery?share=818

Took me a while to find too - its actually embedded into the Facebook/twitter links when you view the entry.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 23
12-13-2010, 05:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tragamite View Post
Ok here is what I tried to work with my idea. I peciled a sketch but I'm not an artist and I figured we'd get to use a tool like a costomization to design something but guess not the case. So I tried to draw the ship after I found out but this is what got entered

http://www.startrekonline.com/enterp...&keyword=Peter
I had that same problem. Try changing the name of your file. See if that works.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 24
12-14-2010, 10:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bariman View Post
I had that same problem. Try changing the name of your file. See if that works.
Well the rules say you can be disqualed if you submit more then one entry which worries me cause when I first submitted it it said it was too big and I shunk it a lot till it finally took at 96kb and then when I looked I had two submissions.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 25
12-14-2010, 05:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tragamite View Post
Well the rules say you can be disqualed if you submit more then one entry which worries me cause when I first submitted it it said it was too big and I shunk it a lot till it finally took at 96kb and then when I looked I had two submissions.
There have been a lot of complaining about the contest web site and how jacked up it is. Hopefully, the judges will keep this in mind. I've mentioned what happened to me on several threads now hoping the DEVs will see it. BTW, I recognize that design on your avatar. Nice job.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 26
12-14-2010, 05:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tragamite View Post
Well the rules say you can be disqualed if you submit more then one entry which worries me cause when I first submitted it it said it was too big and I shunk it a lot till it finally took at 96kb and then when I looked I had two submissions.
Rekhan just clarified that this sort of thing will not be a disqualification in the other thread where I was asking about that. The rule is just to prevent people from submitting multiple variations of the same design. So if you submitted it, altered it, submitted it again, altered it, submitted it again, then you'd be disqualified. If it's just a glitch in the site or a double post, presumably they will just ignore the duplicate.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 27
12-14-2010, 06:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bariman View Post
There have been a lot of complaining about the contest web site and how jacked up it is. Hopefully, the judges will keep this in mind. I've mentioned what happened to me on several threads now hoping the DEVs will see it. BTW, I recognize that design on your avatar. Nice job.
Thank you this is all good to know!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 28
12-14-2010, 09:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LotD
Rekhan just clarified that this sort of thing will not be a disqualification in the other thread where I was asking about that. The rule is just to prevent people from submitting multiple variations of the same design. So if you submitted it, altered it, submitted it again, altered it, submitted it again, then you'd be disqualified. If it's just a glitch in the site or a double post, presumably they will just ignore the duplicate.
NICE! Missed that thread.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 29
12-15-2010, 12:11 AM
Hey everyone. I had a friend mock me for submitting a hand drawing as I am a CAD drafter by trade. So, here is the model I made in Inventor 2011. It's no where near finished, but I'm losing the desire to do so, as it's futile since I can't upload a second image to the contest page if I want to actually stay in said contest. But at any rate, here what I got so far:

CAD Model of my ship
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 30
12-15-2010, 01:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Callisto86 View Post
Hey everyone. I had a friend mock me for submitting a hand drawing as I am a CAD drafter by trade. So, here is the model I made in Inventor 2011. It's no where near finished, but I'm losing the desire to do so, as it's futile since I can't upload a second image to the contest page if I want to actually stay in said contest. But at any rate, here what I got so far:

CAD Model of my ship
Nice man, looks even better.

Wish I had the skills to do that
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:01 PM.