Lt. Commander
# 1 MMOsites best P2P award.
12-10-2010, 07:59 PM
If any one has not seen this. STO is up for best P2P currently WoW has the lead with just over 1600. I know STO has more players than that. I am sure it means little but lest support the game. Devs. if you can sticky this or announce it on the main page or something. the link is here.

http://contest.mmosite.com/gameprize...gamelist&id=18
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-10-2010, 08:09 PM
bumpage i votedd did you?
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-10-2010, 08:11 PM
voted, kindof disappointed theres games that have higher votes then STO that ive never heard of before.
Lt. Commander
# 4
12-10-2010, 08:12 PM
As much as I want to vote for STO, I cannot do so in good conscience. The game is frankly just not enough fun to have earned my vote yet and if they start winning undeserved awards by well meaning subscribers, they simply won't have enough pressure to complete the game and make it more of a game instead of a simple passtime.
Lt. Commander
# 5
12-10-2010, 08:12 PM
In a year perhaps, right now STO does not deserve it and 69 votes is about right where it should be. It did not even make the survey in any other category.
Lt. Commander
# 6
12-10-2010, 08:39 PM
Hmmm.. The fact the site allows multiple votes from the same IP daily really undermines the validity of the award methinks. It is clearly evident already given some games have 30k -50k votes and the average game has less than 1k. Case in point, a focused group of a couple dozen or so players can really stack the vote. Nonetheless I voted - once.
Lt. Commander
# 7
12-10-2010, 08:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by .Spartan View Post
Hmmm.. The fact the site allows multiple votes from the same IP daily really undermines the validity of the award methinks. A focused group a dozen or so players can really stack the vote. Nonetheless I voted.
Even so, the players of every game could do that if they wanted, so its almost as if it cancels itself out.
Lt. Commander
# 8
12-10-2010, 08:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
Even so, the players of every game could do that if they wanted, so its almost as if it cancels itself out.
If all the players of all the games did so and voted once then things would be fine methinks. It is really not a matter of "canceling itself out". Speaking of which, what is that a "style over substance" or "false analogy" argument ? I expect more from you.

As it stands now it looks like the CrossFire and the WoT players are already making sure they win with 50k+ and 30K+ for each category they are nominated in and there is still nearly a month left in voting!! Consequently the title of the award is misleading for all intents and purposes.

I think there is also another purpose for the voting style and that is to embellish the popularity of the site thus hyping the perceived prestige. Ultimately it would be funny to see a game win with more votes than total players - ever.
Lt. Commander
# 9
12-10-2010, 09:09 PM
STO got my Vote 100%. This game is taking a huge step in the right direction.

I have tried WoW, had my account hacked by gold farmers who then used my account to spam for gold farming, in which case Blizzard banned my account. I then called WoW on the phone, was accused of being in on it, then they tell me they will reactivate my account. I get back in, one day later am banned yet again for the exact same reason. I call WoW again, they tell me that they will reactivate my account if I buy their extra security for six bucks. I told them it's their damn game, if they can't provide their own security without charging me, they can take their six bucks and cram it. Told them to cancel my account and do not worry about reactivating it. WoW would be in last place for my choice.

Come to find out, this is happening to ALOT of players. I expect WoW will be losing plenty of subs in the not too distant future.