Lt. Commander
Am I missing something? Because all I can seem to select for the person who gives you the mission is a either a generic character or one of my Bridge Officers. It doesn't allow me to select any of my custom costumes for this particular window. Any way around it? It'll get real old accepting missions from my Bridge Officers on behalf of other people, especially if I have linked missions.
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-11-2010, 12:00 AM
So, your custom costumes don't appear in that huge, generic list?
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-11-2010, 12:43 AM
That's what I'm saying. For the very first box, the Grant Mission Dialog Box (you know the one where you hail somebody to get the mission?) I flip to Generic and it says 'None'. Every other costume selection I can use a custom costume, but not that one.
Lt. Commander
# 4
12-11-2010, 11:12 AM
In effect, you can't grant the mission with a custom character because until the mission is accepted and entered, your custom assets haven't been downloaded to the player's computer. The characters offering the missions have to exist as part of the default game assets or else load when the sector space map is loaded. Otherwise, it would have to download that asset when you first choose the mission in the list, and that would slow browsing way down.

I hope they find a workaround for it too, mind. In the meantime, I'm mostly having my bridge officers report being hailed.
Lt. Commander
# 5
12-11-2010, 01:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulcan.Skon View Post
That's what I'm saying. For the very first box, the Grant Mission Dialog Box (you know the one where you hail somebody to get the mission?) I flip to Generic and it says 'None'. Every other costume selection I can use a custom costume, but not that one.
I'll see if I can work some voodoo magic and find a way to get i working.
  • Until then, you can have the first dialogue be the player's bridge officer saying that there's an incoming message.
  • The next story element can be a pop-up message by the Character you want.
  • Then proceed with your mission as usual.
I did this in "Drawing Proof" so you could test that mission to see how it "feels" and if this workaround is right for your mission.
Lt. Commander
# 6
12-11-2010, 02:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borysthenis
In effect, you can't grant the mission with a custom character because until the mission is accepted and entered, your custom assets haven't been downloaded to the player's computer. The characters offering the missions have to exist as part of the default game assets or else load when the sector space map is loaded. Otherwise, it would have to download that asset when you first choose the mission in the list, and that would slow browsing way down.

I hope they find a workaround for it too, mind. In the meantime, I'm mostly having my bridge officers report being hailed.
Ah, HAH! So that explains it.

That workaround should work as well, I think, though I'd have to tweak the mission dialogue a little. No biggie, though.