Lt. Commander
# 1 Sector Space
12-11-2010, 02:56 AM
I am trying to create a mission were you move from one system to another. How, after completing the objectives in one system do you return to sector space to travel to the next. At the moment it just jumps to the next map
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-11-2010, 03:32 AM
Unfortunately right now it is - at least as far as i know - only possible to fly through sector space again if you select a contact person in one of the cryptic maps like ESD.

But if someone know this has changed it would be very nice to know. I have several ideas for mission where you have to visit several different systems after each other.
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-11-2010, 12:27 PM
i think you use the doors when you get the travel window in your story. Pick the system where you want your next mission to be. So say you just finished in Risa and next mission is in Memory Alpha choose Memory Alpha as mission start . This should make you travel to Memory Alpha through sector space then mission will start again from there.
Lt. Commander
# 4
12-12-2010, 09:54 PM
you can, played a mission by someone who had you go to wolf 359 system! not sure how he did it but he did
Lt. Commander
# 5
12-13-2010, 10:17 AM
The only way to get the player to fly his ship through sector space to a given place decided by you, is to have it as the FIRST objective.

After you begin the quest, the quest giver can tell you to go anywhere (for instance, Wolf 359). but once you're in the mission and running around and shooting stuff, it does not seem possible to send the player back to Sector space.

The best you can do is transition directly from one map to another (custom maps at that).
Lt. Commander
# 6
12-13-2010, 11:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hangover_Boy
The only way to get the player to fly his ship through sector space to a given place decided by you, is to have it as the FIRST objective.

After you begin the quest, the quest giver can tell you to go anywhere (for instance, Wolf 359). but once you're in the mission and running around and shooting stuff, it does not seem possible to send the player back to Sector space.

The best you can do is transition directly from one map to another (custom maps at that).
Yeah, I really don't understand why we don't have the option on a second map transition to specifiy a completely different "door," like another system. I wonder why that is.
Lt. Commander
# 7
12-13-2010, 10:57 PM
are the dev's planing on adding this idea? and how soon?
Lt. Commander
# 8
05-19-2011, 06:48 AM
Yes I'd like to say how incredibly lame it is and how it ruins the feel of the mission when you instantly transition to somewhere that is *supposed* to be halfway across the galaxy!!!

FIX THIS NAO
Lt. Commander
# 9
05-19-2011, 09:04 AM
As far as I know it is possible to start with two parallel objectives (patrol Wolf359 and patrol Risa). When the player finishes one system he can travel to the second through sector space. It's not possible to unlock the second objective on the first map however.
Lt. Commander
# 10
05-19-2011, 12:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timelord_Victorious
As far as I know it is possible to start with two parallel objectives (patrol Wolf359 and patrol Risa). When the player finishes one system he can travel to the second through sector space. It's not possible to unlick the second objective on the first map however.
"unlick" ???

Anyway that's an interesting work-around, but unfortunately it won't help me due to my mission structure.