Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > C-Store, ZEN, and Promotions
Login

Lt. Commander
# 41
12-12-2010, 07:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyias View Post
This is the internet:

Men are men, women are men and 12 year old girls are FBI agents.

Just keep that in mind.
Ah but only women complain.

Everyone on the internet complain.

Ergo everyone here is female.
Lt. Commander
# 42
12-12-2010, 07:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chat
Ah but only women complain.

Somehow, I feel your logic may be flawed
Lt. Commander
# 43
12-12-2010, 07:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chat
Ah but only women complain offline.

Fixed that for you

chill out, jk
Lt. Commander
# 44
12-12-2010, 07:42 AM
Bah... Women always try to correct others. :p
Lt. Commander
# 45
12-12-2010, 08:03 AM
In all fairness to the OP while you have obviously put a lot of time and effort into your design which i applaud you for you have misssed out on something rather important.

Realism.

Designing a ship for any faction in star trek that is so massively overpowered compared to the other races is simply not going to win, if it did then ships to counter your uber ship would have to be designed for the other factions and the game would end up putting Warhammer 40k to shame for over the top sci fi.

The F should be a step up from the E, that doesn't mean it has to be retardedly large and have enough weapons to make the Klingons feel inaduaquate no .

The sovereign class was 685m long and had a average crew complement of 855 , the Galaxy class was 642.5m long and had a crew complement of about 1000.

The Sovereign is slightly longer because of its warp nacelles and quite a bit thinner none the less it is still was a significent leap in federation ship design over the galaxy.

Tl;dr version the design that is going to win will be realistic not some massive uber carrier that makes the borg feel inadequate.
Lt. Commander
# 46
12-12-2010, 09:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allegiance86
^ what she said.
Clearly a bloke
Lt. Commander
# 47
12-12-2010, 09:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash-Brewster View Post
I
Tl;dr version the design that is going to win will be realistic not some massive uber carrier that makes the borg feel inadequate.
Now I've made the Klingons and the Borg feel inadequate. I Love it!
Lt. Commander
# 48
12-12-2010, 09:46 AM
Well I'm sorry to say that but like the most here I dislike that Design, AND the concept.
Why should anybody invest THAT MANY resources into a Starship that caries 12 stashipn wich can very well preform on their own? Why should they put 89.000 people on a starship wich still just can preform one mission at a time? And that aside from the Question if the Federation can build something like that, especially "secretly in deep space"....

[quote=shizaru]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katic View Post

I totally agree. Thats why I hated DS9's episode By Inferno's Light. Really, the Dominion was going to destroy the Bajoran Sun? A star? They can do that?
I hate that "uber"-storytelling too.... I hatet the way the Prometheus was displayed in "message in a bottle", I didnt like the way the Defaint appeared on several occasions as "supership" and thats one of the many reasons really really hate Abrahams Trek.

But... that Star Exploading in By infernos light... was never that big problem for me..... I mean the basic ability to do that was already established in Generations... and since Stars can be a very unstable energy mass.... I do not thing that its THAT unreasonable to destable it a little more... I mean they do not "destroy" it by firing super strong weapons at them, they use a device that effects the processes.
Lt. Commander
# 49
12-12-2010, 09:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katic View Post
I certainly have to disagree with them, if there's no risk, there's no suspense.

They have in the past, but not so much lately. Messages don't tend to follow someone posting about it, it more often follows my appearance in parts of the forums I don't normally go from people who haven't seen me around in Information & Discussion, Federation or Klingon Gameplay, or the Tribble Forums.

It's partially my own fault for exposing myself to larger amounts of forum goers, but I put that sig in there to discourage them as much as possible.
A cry for attention your sig says to to me.
Lt. Commander
# 50
12-12-2010, 10:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neal
A cry for attention your sig says to to me.
Nah, it sounds like someone who is reasonably fed up with horny guys trying to get a date.