Lt. Commander
# 1 Age on reviwing
12-11-2010, 04:00 PM
So how come to reveiw levels you have to be over 18?

Anyone got a clue?
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-11-2010, 04:00 PM
my guess, in case there is any questionable content, which is the primary purpose for reviewing
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-11-2010, 04:01 PM
questionable content?
Lt. Commander
# 4
12-11-2010, 04:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Summit View Post
my guess, in case there is any questionable content, which is the primary purpose for reviewing
That is it exactly, because someone out there is going to make the Kirk love simulator (or worse) and its doing to be offensive, deeply offensive.

Its the reviewers job to catch the bad and get it dumped before it can get out there for all to see, If your under 18 and get access to such a thing, then its Cryptic that's now in trouble for allowing underage players access to bad stuff.
Lt. Commander
# 5
12-11-2010, 04:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Typheron View Post
That is it exactly, because someone out there is going to make the Kirk love simulator (or worse) and its doing to be offensive, deeply offensive.

Its the reviewers job to catch the bad and get it dumped before it can get out there for all to see, If your under 18 and get access to such a thing, then its Cryptic that's now in trouble for allowing underage players access to bad stuff.
QFT

that is exactly the reason
Lt. Commander
# 6
12-11-2010, 04:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airshow View Post
So how come to reveiw levels you have to be over 18?

Anyone got a clue?
Quote:
^
This. The purpose of reviewing is to catch any offensive content, such as profanity or someone trying to live out their Vulcan Love Slave fantasies. Probably to catch any copywrite violations, too, but age doesn't matter so much for that.

If you're interested in rating the stuff that makes it past the censors, you should still be able to do that regardless of your age.
Lt. Commander
# 7
12-11-2010, 04:09 PM
Well, I think the age rule is valid personally. I mean, I wouldn't want a bunch of young kids/under 18 teens exposed to missions that are completely inappropriate for the game(which is rated T). Whether it be a large amount of cursing or, much worse, sexual references. No doubt some people will lie about their age to become reviewers anyway, but still.
Lt. Commander
# 8
12-11-2010, 04:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonaos View Post
Well, I think the age rule is valid personally. I mean, I wouldn't want a bunch of young kids/under 18 teens exposed to missions that are completely inappropriate for the game(which is rated T). Whether it be a large amount of cursing or, much worse, sexual references. No doubt some people will lie about their age to become reviewers anyway, but still.
also cryptic could get in trouble if they allowed people under 18 to see questionable content. Asking if they are 18 is enough to cover Cryptic from any problems
Lt. Commander
# 9
12-11-2010, 04:15 PM
Quote:
also cryptic could get in trouble if they allowed people under 18 to see questionable content. Asking if they are 18 is enough to cover Cryptic from any problems
Exactly. And since I myself am currently under 18, I plan to wait until I'm old enough to review.
Lt. Commander
# 10
12-11-2010, 04:20 PM
all depends where you live in considering 12 year olds are allowed to see such content 15 year olds bascialy can see it all it all boils down to the Free world and none free world