Lt. Commander
# 21
12-13-2010, 04:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axterix
Even if people read it, they might get called away to dinner or to join a friend/fleetmate somewhere else...

That's why it is important to put it in the part that winds up in the journal, since players can always access that.
I never said I disagreed, did I?
Lt. Commander
# 22
12-13-2010, 05:04 PM
Quote:
Yeah, this story is nice because ultimately, both sides join together to defeat the baddy, so both win. Makes it easy to reconcile the two sides.
Cept the only downside is, thanks to the magic of the end of episode Reset Button. Our heroes leave the episode, pretty much Not Having Learned a [CENSORED] Thing.

Far be it from me to play redactive scifi nerd here, (and I've blocked for spoilers) but between this P'Jem mission, Divide et Impera--in which we sabotage a Romulan attempt to detect Undine (and help and one infiltrate Romulan High Command); Taris--In which we find that the Romulans are they themselves totally responsible for the Hobus Disaster; and ultimately the Defari mission Cold Storage--in which we find living members of the Preservers: a race powerful enough to seed all humanoid life in the galaxy I find our ingame efforts to ultimately, for nothing. We keep having these in-game moments that should change everything about the game world, or heck at least earn us a chewing out from our superior officers, but they these events don't change anything. We're forever stuck in 2009.

Perhaps this is a feature and not a bug. Perhaps given my newness to how MMO worlds work, I'm being foolish, but I doubt I'm alone in my frustration with this "reset button" problem.
Lt. Commander
# 23
12-13-2010, 05:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennjahn View Post
Perhaps this is a feature and not a bug. Perhaps given my newness to how MMO worlds work, I'm being foolish, but I doubt I'm alone in my frustration with this "reset button" problem.
Well, it is sort of canon. After all, TNG's character development was pretty much limited to one character growing a beard

That said, Divide et Impera is the only one of those I had a problem with. Was obvious what was going on, as such, I'd like to believe that my captain, being reasonably intelligent, would maybe, just maybe, question and/or take a proper precaution.

Another mission that ties into that is the one where Drake he makes you choose between him and the captain of the ship. My captain would err on the side of caution, an option we weren't given.
Lt. Commander
# 24
12-13-2010, 05:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
I never said I disagreed, did I?
Never said you did, did I?

Just stating the obvious, so that others who read it understand why it is important to do so.
Lt. Commander
# 25
12-13-2010, 05:17 PM
Quote:
Never said you did, did I?

Just stating the obvious, so that others who read it understand why it is important to do so.
I was under the impression that when you quote a post, you were responding to that specific comment. Apparently not
Lt. Commander
# 26
12-13-2010, 05:19 PM
Quote:
Well, it is sort of canon. After all, TNG's character development was pretty much limited to one character growing a beard

Too true. People may dogpile on Jonathan Frakes acting abilities, but his voice work as the trope namer for devious plotting--David Xanatos, shows that, there's a smart fella there.

Quote:
Another mission that ties into that is the one where Drake he makes you choose between him and the captain of the ship. My captain would err on the side of caution, an option we weren't given.
Ah the justly classic "stun them both, let sickbay work it out" move. I highly agree.
Lt. Commander
# 27
12-13-2010, 07:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
I was under the impression that when you quote a post, you were responding to that specific comment. Apparently not
Well, I was sort of, since I was keying off your comment about mentioning it in some early mission text, although your comment was more in jest about people not reading every word the poor mission creators spend all that time writing
Lt. Commander
# 28
12-14-2010, 12:16 AM
Heh, would it be appropriate for KDF to disintegrate all the radiation poisoned crew members instead of medical transporting them?
Lt. Commander
# 29
12-14-2010, 02:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryptic_Gozer
Somewhat simular problem. Only difference is the information on where to go was always in the Journal even in Beta. They just didn't know where to look for it.

People don't read... you can count on that ... You just have to make sure that the information they need is there, once they go back to the Journal and read what they missed the first time.
Problem is, that the Foundry won't let you create a dedicated objective for "Go to xyz". The objective will be named after the sub-mission that starts on the map there. Since it's quite annoying to have a "Go to XYZ System" in huge yellow letters stuck on top of the mission tracker for the first map of your mission I also decided to put the directions only into the dialog (highlighted of course) and the short mission description.

Would be nice though, if one could place Reach Marker objectives in sector space and social zones.

Regards,
Rachel
Lt. Commander
# 30
12-14-2010, 04:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Losobal
Heh, would it be appropriate for KDF to disintegrate all the radiation poisoned crew members instead of medical transporting them?
Only if they weren't friendly to the Klingon Empire. If they are friendlies, then you'd probably try to save them if possible unless the cost/difficulty of doing so is to high.

And if it isn't practical to save them, it'd probably be more klingon to give them something to get them on their feet, if only short term, so they can die in battle.