Lt. Commander
# 121
12-15-2010, 11:03 AM
whats your build do you have points in Sensor array or the other sci skills that help find stealth.
Lt. Commander
# 122
12-15-2010, 11:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post
I did not write that quote and my name is attached to it wrongfully in your post. If you hit the orange zigs it takes a person to my post no garravesh's.
Don't know how this happened, must be liberal copy, pasting & cutting or something.

Man, I recently tried to teach MelineAaele the wonders of what you can do with quote tags, and now it is all screwed up.

Mustrum "Needs to Learn2Post all over again" Ridcully
Lt. Commander
# 123
12-15-2010, 11:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustrumRidcully View Post
Don't know how this happened, must be liberal copy, pasting & cutting or something.

Man, I recently tried to teach MelineAaele the wonders of what you can do with quote tags, and now it is all screwed up.

Mustrum "Needs to Learn2Post all over again" Ridcully
No worries, I done it myself several times. Just thought you should know before somebody takes it out of context.
Lt. Commander
# 124
12-15-2010, 11:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by garravesh View Post
We ran tests in 1v1 pvp ( me and a friend) I maxed on aux and sensor scan yadda yadda and he cloaked at exactly 13k and then 10 k and then 7 k I never saw him once. There has to be other contributing factors.
If he ran high Aux then you may never find him while cloaked. His high Stealth most likely overode your stealth detection. This is the only issue with cloak detection that I can agree with, cloak detection needs better results for lower Aux being used. Unfortunately its a game mechanic that I can not give much advice in.

Quote:
Running a sci vessel at 125 aux at all time with the remaining power at shields I have NEVER seen a vessel cloaked at more then 2 k or so.. I am sure i have never seen one past 10k...
And if this is happening the issue is not with Aux but may lie in skills or something else. At 125 Aux, you should have a clear view of any cloaked within 10k. I've heard of players seeing out to the edges of 12k with 125 Aux.
Lt. Commander
# 125
12-15-2010, 01:40 PM
Roach, your avatar and your insistence that you have magical passive cloak detecting sensors is making me laugh.
Lt. Commander
# 126
12-15-2010, 02:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by donlokiman View Post
Roach, your avatar and your insistence that you have magical passive cloak detecting sensors is making me laugh.
Yeah ! Love the movie and the character.
Magical passive...?? I knew I was doing a horrible job of trying to explain cloaking versus stealth detection but I think I went that far afield. It is a new thing to me as I'm only now delving into it with my science alt, so I probalbly flubbed it.

I should have said, " Search for it in the Forums!!
Thats rights folks! Twentyfour Hours a Day, seven days a week. You too can delve the mystereries and well known facts, fiction and flamage of the ....

FORUMS!!!
!

Thats right boundless pages of virtual text exist to fulfill your every waking answer about STO and its mechanics. So enjoy! Be most certainly not the first in your social group to try it but try it none the less.
Today!
before a Doomsayer near you says otherwise.
Of course if I had any PC talent there would be dancing bears, midgets, tricycles, background music and a barker guy with them wierd grippy thingies on the upper arms., If I had such talent.
Lt. Commander
# 127
12-15-2010, 04:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustrumRidcully View Post
My only real balance problem faction-wise is the fact that Raptors and Neg'Vars don't seem to pay any costs anymore for their cloak. The Neg'Var compares badly to the Galaxy Retrofit since it has _always_ good maneuverability and the same hull and shields as a non-separated Galaxy Retrofit.
I assume they were rebalanced to allow the defiant & gal-x to exist. (I wasn't here for that)

AFAIK:
Defiant: (supposedly) 5% better shields, better turn rate.
Raptor: 10% more hull, one more eng console.

The obvious problem is that eventually a turn rate console will exist that's superior to the turn rate difference - but from testing, it doesn't exist yet.
Lt. Commander
# 128
12-15-2010, 06:52 PM
i usually only see to about 10km if the klingons are not going full stealth. (thats after i go active with my sensor scan) then add another 1-5km when i use the tach grid before the scan. i run at 125 aux power for those situations.
Lt. Commander
# 129
12-15-2010, 07:09 PM
with maxed sensors and sensor array, a Very rare tachyon deflector [Sen][SenA][SenP], with 125 aux and a sensor scan I can usually pick up cloaked ships at 13 to 15 km. If they're within 10 km, I will see them. Passive cloak detection (ie without sensor scan) is usually, 4 km or some I think
Lt. Commander
# 130
12-15-2010, 07:37 PM
When I stop having games where the people decline team invites, or are already in a team with people in the B'tran cluster, or turn teaming off altogether and we still lose I'll consider an op faction. But as of my experience yet, this stuff only happens on the fed side.