Lt. Commander
# 1 Help!!! Character Reset?
12-12-2010, 04:35 PM
Recently the computer I played STO died on me, so I haven't been able to play for a few months which in turn I haven't renewed my subscription to STO. That is until I can get a new computer. Today I logged into STO.com and it said that I didn't have a character on my account any more.

So my question is, is my character gone forever or will it be back once I get a new subscription?
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-12-2010, 05:20 PM
I would very definately suggest opening a CS ticket about this. They have said that characters are supposed to be saved on the server forever, regardless of whether or not you have an active subscription.

The only other advice I have, is to make sure you aren't actually logging into the Tribble test server...just to make sure
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-13-2010, 01:21 PM
Well like I said I can't log in to the actual game because the computer I ran STO died on me, I can log into STO.com, but it says my character isn't on the My Characters page any more.

How would I submit a ticket on the website?
Lt. Commander
# 4
12-13-2010, 01:30 PM
Quote:
Well like I said I can't log in to the actual game because the computer I ran STO died on me, I can log into STO.com, but it says my character isn't on the My Characters page any more.

The My Character stuff is out of sync so I wouldn't trust that. There's a problem between the game server and the website system.
Lt. Commander
# 5
12-13-2010, 06:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Death_L View Post

Your characters are most likely still on the game servers. The webpage display has been broken for months and does not show current or correct information.