Lt. Commander
# 1 The Cure: Ridiculous
12-12-2010, 08:02 PM
Ok... so I have been PvPing for a while and have not run the Cure in a long time.... so I take my sci Guy.... we get through the node easy enough. then we get to armek. Now keep in mind... I have fought Armek about 50 times because I used to run the STF's for our fleet. So I pull him to the side... and all is going great. Well I begin to batleth him and all is still smooth... Then his cover shields go up... push me out... and before I can get back I am dead. Not a big deal right... just do it again... WRONG!!!! WTF HAVE THEY DONE TO THE CURE!!!! this round he will not pull... just sits there picking his nose... so we do it the hard way.... Kill the 2 side groups and begin to batleth him where he stands. thats all dandy but either they have tripled his health or lowered DPS because It was taking forever to kill him and the node groups respawned. ok so the team takes care of most of them but one random ETD (elite tactical drone) decides that armek needs help punching the shiz out of me... needless to say I die but the team (which is very experienced with this STF) manages to stay alive til I respawn and head back. so I start batlething him again but this time he wont punch me... he sits there and shoots me with his big attack. needless to say I die... run back and he is at full health now and start the whole freaking process over. I have NEVER died before fighting armek!!! WTF... has something changed or is that mission just buggy as hell? needless to say, a mission that usually takes me an hour and 15 minutes took the team 3 and a half hours! W!!! T!!!!! F!!!!!! this mission has hit my avoid list for quite a while. PLUS what is wrong with cryptic making a mission that is so entirely DEPENDANT on sci! ridiculous! (also keep in mind I am fully specced into ground as well for healing)
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-13-2010, 05:15 AM
I attempted the STFs and saw stealth "changes" on many of the boss encounters. Unfortunately none of them good. It seems at VA especially the borg are heading again for the top spot for the most annoying thing in STO.

I would advise the developers to look over and streamline the STFs before the set items are released or there will be a s***storm hitting the forums pretty soon.

I welcome a challenge always, but the very glitchy and rather unforgiving spike damage of ground combat makes most of the missions a real chore. I had previously finished all of them multiple times but most of the late patches have scrambled STFs with more bugs and issues making playing dabo less of a gamble than running them.
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-13-2010, 06:21 AM
well im never doing the Cure again :/

wasnt going to anyways coz of Armek but he is so HARD
Lt. Commander
# 4
12-13-2010, 07:23 PM
It's a bug.

If you do not kill Armek on the first try, you will not be able to pull him to the side anymore. The way to "reset" him is for the party to wipe. This will "reset" him so that you can pull him. Not sure when this bug surfaced, but it was somewhere between season 2 and 3.
Lt. Commander
# 5
12-14-2010, 01:22 AM
well we never got past the 4 generators.....

every time we where by the 4 gens, it took us 3 hours of trying and wiping and killing before we give up.
(now we are really desperate to compleate this STF so we keep on doing trying and wiping and killing before we give up.)

STF is sepose to be fun with action but this is also ridiculous.

we went with a team that can do Infected with there eye closed,
fully spec. for ground, the right kits and so on.
Lt. Commander
# 6
12-14-2010, 12:07 PM
Sometimes the generators get bugged too in the same way. If you don't get past them on the first try, sometimes they will bug out, and not stay activated, or will only stay activated for a very short time. This can also be "reset" by doing a party wipe.

Granted, I'm not sure if all this still applies after season 3 has come out. Haven't done any of the STF's since season 3. Been out of town, plus I was SOOOO looking forward to getting the borg set.
Lt. Commander
# 7
12-14-2010, 02:33 PM
If Armek shield is empty, you can not pull him anymore.

Run with the whole team a bit back, to the crossroad, where you can go left (to the nodes) or right (to armek), wait a few seconds, his shield will be recharged and you can pull him again.

Or did they changed this? Haven't played Cure since season 3...
Lt. Commander
# 8
12-14-2010, 08:41 PM
the bugs are because the stf's have stupidly complicated mini game **** without bring mini games.
Lt. Commander
# 9
12-22-2010, 07:54 AM
The cure has many glitchy areas.. respawns shooting you back half way across the map, when you initiate any shield fight, every shield area respawns on the map.. your spawn point end up behind them so your running through mobs and have a 2 mile hike.. final boss either doesent pull or shields glitch out.. something always goes wrong.. sad thing is, this was 1/3 as frustrating as KA..
Lt. Commander
# 10 Factual...
12-22-2010, 11:05 AM
I've been through the cure recently, and wiped on both armek & the transformers; despite this, we completed it after getting back up and trying again.
I also know other teams that wiped many, many times on armek before completing it successfully. It does work, and I just wanted to let people know, for sure, that it can be done.