Lt. Commander
# 11
12-22-2010, 12:18 PM
Just finished Cure and made it through with no problem... don't put domes over the Transformers... the worker drones still damage them from outside the dome. Cryo & Plasma grenades are very effective... Once the Force field wall has dropped just run... don't bother hanging around to kill everything.. not necessary.
Lt. Commander
# 12
12-22-2010, 12:50 PM
agree with Napoleon and Latinumbar, been running cure more than I'd like to recently and no real problems that weren't made by the party. If you mess up on the Armek he will reset as long as party wipes .. ie stop respawning for a minute. However, since people usually won't listen, did run with with klink fleet as they continually zerged him and repeatedly died but they managed to bring him almost all the way over to the spawn point... guess less of a run is better.. oh, also the tree .. exploit some people use bugs him out so seems that medic and a bat'leth still best way to kill him easily.
Lt. Commander
# 13
12-22-2010, 01:50 PM
Third Fleet has been running the Cure like crazy this week. You can pass it. Just work together. The way we been doing the Armek is we pull him or have another person run pass him and see if you starts going after that person. Then we have a tactical with the batleth. We pump our tact officer with engineering and science abilities. The best so far is the physician kit. While the tactical is fighting him, have the science close by to keep throwing heals.
Lt. Commander
# 14
12-23-2010, 08:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trekkieandrea View Post
While the tactical is fighting him, have the science close by to keep throwing heals.
This actually is a great idea and so simple I wish my group had thought of it. We did the "Throw a Sci with a Batleth at him" (which happened to be me, my first time ever on the run, fun times!). But unless I am mistaken if you have the Engi's and Sci's directly behind the Tact at max range to heal, they should be close enough to heal but far enough to avoid the AoE chain.
Lt. Commander
# 15
12-23-2010, 01:24 PM
It takes a lot of work. My main character is a science character. We have been running this all week. Once the shield goes around armek, I pretty much had to go in circles around it. Its hard though as at one point he pushes the character that is healing all over the place. as long as you concentrate at trying to heal, its all good. Don't worry about shooting. Just healing. Let the rest of the group worry about the spawned borgs. The last time I did it this week, we got Armek down in one try. We as a fleet are now pretty much running it in an hour and a half. It can be done. Team work is the key. You just have to know what each person's strengths and weaknesses are.
Lt. Commander
# 16
12-23-2010, 02:53 PM
Time for another Challenge/Headache comparison with The Cure:

-A Challenge: Trying to solve the node puzzle while fending off worker drones while trying not to aggro the rest of the drones.
-A Headache: Having to clear all the drones after each failed attempt at the node puzzle. And not just any drones. Elites and Tacticals.

-A Challenge: Avoiding death to avoid the respawn.
-A Headache: Having to run for multiple minutes on end to get back into the action because the respawn points are too far away.

-A Challenge: Fighting elite drones.
-A Headache: Fighting them over... and over... and over...

The challenges are ok. That's the part that I like about STF.

I just hate the headaches. They don't add any challenge and they are the major reason why it takes PuGs multiple hours just to finish one STF, because once you slip up on a single challenge, you have to clean up the messes left behind and try again. Cleaning up the mess is the major timekiller in these missions, and that's no fun.
Lt. Commander
# 17
12-23-2010, 05:11 PM
I just completed it with a non-vent team.. 2 off my fleet, and 2 we picked up in Orionis..

Wiped a couple of times - got the 3 transformes in 2nd try, and the first 4 in 2rd - Last 4 we took 3 tries to complete - Finally we got Armek, and died a few times until we figured out what to do ( the 3 of us that hadnt done it before that is)

After 2 wipes, we finally killed him.. The spacebattle after was easy-peasy compared (considering I am 100% spacespecced - Its no surprise).. took like 2-2.5 min to kill the final Borgified Carrier, and none of us was ever in any danger of dying.
Lt. Commander
# 18
12-23-2010, 05:34 PM
Granted the transformers are hard to time perfectly. Simple strategy is activate the first, kill node and everything but elite, help bring him to his immunity point. Leave 2 at first node and rest run on. (the first 3 transform set has more leeway for time) on the 2nd and 3rd....if your past 25m out, there is no aggro. Snipe workes in the back before they get to 2nd transformer. Activate 3 and 4 as quick as possible. For armek, run to the right along the hill as you enter. Whoever plans to challenege him draw him around the large tree and into the corner. No other drones will come over and plenty of room to snipe from 25m but prefer 29m for safety. A sci with a bat'leth is more then enough to work here.
Lt. Commander
# 19
12-25-2010, 11:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stargek View Post
well we never got past the 4 generators.....

every time we where by the 4 gens, it took us 3 hours of trying and wiping and killing before we give up.
(now we are really desperate to compleate this STF so we keep on doing trying and wiping and killing before we give up.)

STF is sepose to be fun with action but this is also ridiculous.

we went with a team that can do Infected with there eye closed,
fully spec. for ground, the right kits and so on.
It took my team 12 hours!! Not kidding. Best of luck! (That was on 12/24/2010) So they changed something alright.
Lt. Commander
Things were going so well for season 3 and then it got screwed it up. I'm not the type to boohoo cryptic but comon. After 4 hours of trying the xformers with a decent (not stellar) but decent team we still didn't get past them. I know I'm not the only one thinking this is stupid.

I don't get it, you want players to come and ENJOY the game and can't figure out why 2/3's of the fleets are emptying. Frustrating the S*@# out of people makes no sense. If you want to have the mission really hard THAT IS WHAT ADVANCED AND ELITE IS FOR. If you want it to be an enjoyable play then ease off the difficulty CRYPTIC.

Here is what you need to do:

1) NUKE THE DAMAGE RESISTS ON THE ELITEs to something that doesn't take an entire team to damage for 3 minutes.

2) NUKE THE NON-WIPING when the transformers go down - comon this is stupid make it a factor of elite/advanced

3) BUILD A TRY Timer, After 3 times of failing there is an alternate method to get through - you've done it before lets make it work now.

4) Give you head a shake, wtf are you guys thinking... this is supposed to be fun not a boring trial by fire - no one is going to stay "hooked" if the game frustrates the hell out of you.

I can't imagine dragging my 2 alts through this mission for the sake of a "set".

I've liked the game so far but this is irritating as COD-Black Ops crashing every time you get to 2 seconds from the end and you can't save.

cheers,