Lt. Commander
# 21
12-28-2010, 12:17 AM
After MONTHS of tying to finish this mission I finally completed it tonight. Took about 6 hours total, several people were forced to leave the team and we had to find replacements during this time, the same thing that in previous attempts kept it from being completed.

During the six hours I was bugged once, where I could not move and/or see myself shooting, I had to log out and back in. So the mission did everything it could, practically, to keep us from finishing it, but we eventually did.

During the night every single person on the team at least once said how horrible the mission was, how it was not fun, or when they used the term "fun" is was meant as sarcasam and everyone laughed. We were a PUG btw.

Not sure If I will ever do it again. But I'm glad I saw the end of it. So if you have months to try it and hundreds of hours, you too can eventually do it. I'd love to go with one of these teams that say they do it in 1.5 hours, I'm not sure that's possible considering the bugs etc. But I'm sure they must do it, if they say so.
Lt. Commander
# 22
12-28-2010, 12:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SapphicZoid
After MONTHS of tying to finish this mission I finally completed it tonight. Took about 6 hours total, several people were forced to leave the team and we had to find replacements during this time, the same thing that in previous attempts kept it from being completed.

During the six hours I was bugged once, where I could not move and/or see myself shooting, I had to log out and back in. So the mission did everything it could, practically, to keep us from finishing it, but we eventually did.

During the night every single person on the team at least once said how horrible the mission was, how it was not fun, or when they used the term "fun" is was meant as sarcasam and everyone laughed. We were a PUG btw.

Not sure If I will ever do it again. But I'm glad I saw the end of it. So if you have months to try it and hundreds of hours, you too can eventually do it. I'd love to go with one of these teams that say they do it in 1.5 hours, I'm not sure that's possible considering the bugs etc. But I'm sure they must do it, if they say so.
PM in game @StrykerV, If we are online at the same time I will try and get you through it with my fleet. We will prolly let you get on on TS to hear us and talk if you have a mic. Hour and a half is very doable but even for us, there is a group that posted a 43 minute time for the cure. We plan to try and adapt to their style.
Lt. Commander
# 23
12-28-2010, 12:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Oops View Post
Things were going so well for season 3 and then it got screwed it up. I'm not the type to boohoo cryptic but comon. After 4 hours of trying the xformers with a decent (not stellar) but decent team we still didn't get past them. I know I'm not the only one thinking this is stupid.

I don't get it, you want players to come and ENJOY the game and can't figure out why 2/3's of the fleets are emptying. Frustrating the S*@# out of people makes no sense. If you want to have the mission really hard THAT IS WHAT ADVANCED AND ELITE IS FOR. If you want it to be an enjoyable play then ease off the difficulty CRYPTIC.

Here is what you need to do:

1) NUKE THE DAMAGE RESISTS ON THE ELITEs to something that doesn't take an entire team to damage for 3 minutes.

2) NUKE THE NON-WIPING when the transformers go down - comon this is stupid make it a factor of elite/advanced

3) BUILD A TRY Timer, After 3 times of failing there is an alternate method to get through - you've done it before lets make it work now.

4) Give you head a shake, wtf are you guys thinking... this is supposed to be fun not a boring trial by fire - no one is going to stay "hooked" if the game frustrates the hell out of you.

I can't imagine dragging my 2 alts through this mission for the sake of a "set".

I've liked the game so far but this is irritating as COD-Black Ops crashing every time you get to 2 seconds from the end and you can't save.

cheers,
All elites throughout the entire game have a 30 second immunity timer on them. Have you never noticed? The timer was only for the last devidian episode because certain ships were to hard to control for some people. It won't be added to an STF. There is no difficulty slider in STF's. They have 1 setting regardles what you set the game to play. It automatically continues on its preset difficulty.
Lt. Commander
# 24 Common Mistake
12-29-2010, 08:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TyBushman
Ok... so I have been PvPing for a while and have not run the Cure in a long time.... so I take my sci Guy.... we get through the node easy enough. then we get to armek. Now keep in mind... I have fought Armek about 50 times because I used to run the STF's for our fleet. So I pull him to the side... and all is going great. Well I begin to batleth him and all is still smooth... Then his cover shields go up... push me out... and before I can get back I am dead. Not a big deal right... just do it again... WRONG!!!! WTF HAVE THEY DONE TO THE CURE!!!! this round he will not pull... just sits there picking his nose... so we do it the hard way.... Kill the 2 side groups and begin to batleth him where he stands. thats all dandy but either they have tripled his health or lowered DPS because It was taking forever to kill him and the node groups respawned. ok so the team takes care of most of them but one random ETD (elite tactical drone) decides that armek needs help punching the shiz out of me... needless to say I die but the team (which is very experienced with this STF) manages to stay alive til I respawn and head back. so I start batlething him again but this time he wont punch me... he sits there and shoots me with his big attack. needless to say I die... run back and he is at full health now and start the whole freaking process over. I have NEVER died before fighting armek!!! WTF... has something changed or is that mission just buggy as hell? needless to say, a mission that usually takes me an hour and 15 minutes took the team 3 and a half hours! W!!! T!!!!! F!!!!!! this mission has hit my avoid list for quite a while. PLUS what is wrong with cryptic making a mission that is so entirely DEPENDANT on sci! ridiculous! (also keep in mind I am fully specced into ground as well for healing)
Okay, you made a common mistake. I know it's kinda weird, and it's like... "How are you supposed to know to do this?" and all that, but it's okay, because the internet is here to help.

On the back of your STO case is a code, "Meryl's codec." It's 140.15.
Contact Meryl on 140.15, then you have to go up to the first level of the Tank Hangar. Then Meryl will talk to you and open the cover sheilds for you. Piece of cake.
Lt. Commander
# 25
12-29-2010, 07:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TyBushman
PLUS what is wrong with cryptic making a mission that is so entirely DEPENDANT on sci! ridiculous! (also keep in mind I am fully specced into ground as well for healing)
That is something the most players have it wrong. You can beat the boss without a Science officer. It is possible to do it even with 5 Engineering Officers or 5 Tactical Officers, if you want too.
Also if you have Science Officer in your team with Bat'leth, the Science Officer don't need the Bat'leth.

If you don't have a Science Officer in team:
For example you are playing with 5 Tactical Officers. You need at least 3 Tactical Officers with Squad Leader Kit, Large Hypo's and Large Shields.
You pull the Boss to the side, get close to him and use Sniper Rifle and Full Auto Assault Rifle. The other teammates can shoot Boss from a distance of 27m.
When the Tactical Officer is out of heals, he will die and respawn. Then a other Tactical Officer steps in and fight him in close range. If this one dies, he will respawn and the other Tactical Officers takes it over, etc.

If you have a Science Officer in team:
Send a Tactical Officer with Squad Leader kit, Large Hypo's and Large Hypos to pull the Boss and let him shoot with Sniper Rifle and Full Auto Assault Rifle on Boss in close range. The Science Officer provide the heals, other teammates shoot on Boss from a distance of 27m and you have him much faster dead then a Science Officer with a Bat'leth
Lt. Commander
# 26
12-29-2010, 08:34 PM
As a Tac I get kinda bored with just hanging out and trying to take potshots at Armek... once his cover shields go up I just jump on top of the cover shields and give him alternating split beams in the back...

Sometimes it works great, sometimes not... We've also done 4 tacs with Batleth's and a sci healing people...

Alternatively... when the force domes are pushing you back... if you are up against the side of the hill... the force dome will elevate you to a high position to shoot down over his cover shields. This technique made it to video... looked really cool..

Or else I'll just circle at 27 M and do jump/fire shots at him... jump and fire in mid air will occasionally get you a shot over the cover shields...

There are many ways of fighting Armek... the real key is being co-ordinated and having one person pull him to a safe place to fillet him...
Lt. Commander
# 27
12-30-2010, 05:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Oops View Post
Things were going so well for season 3 and then it got screwed it up. I'm not the type to boohoo cryptic but comon. After 4 hours of trying the xformers with a decent (not stellar) but decent team we still didn't get past them. I know I'm not the only one thinking this is stupid.

I don't get it, you want players to come and ENJOY the game and can't figure out why 2/3's of the fleets are emptying. Frustrating the S*@# out of people makes no sense. If you want to have the mission really hard THAT IS WHAT ADVANCED AND ELITE IS FOR. If you want it to be an enjoyable play then ease off the difficulty CRYPTIC.

Here is what you need to do:

1) NUKE THE DAMAGE RESISTS ON THE ELITEs to something that doesn't take an entire team to damage for 3 minutes.

2) NUKE THE NON-WIPING when the transformers go down - comon this is stupid make it a factor of elite/advanced

3) BUILD A TRY Timer, After 3 times of failing there is an alternate method to get through - you've done it before lets make it work now.

4) Give you head a shake, wtf are you guys thinking... this is supposed to be fun not a boring trial by fire - no one is going to stay "hooked" if the game frustrates the hell out of you.

I can't imagine dragging my 2 alts through this mission for the sake of a "set".

I've liked the game so far but this is irritating as COD-Black Ops crashing every time you get to 2 seconds from the end and you can't save.

cheers,
We have been running with a good team with vent and it has been a pain with the bugs and the following clean up. Sometimes the worker beams in on #1 and will walk to the #1 plus 25 M sniper instead of the transformer. And sometimes the xfrmr #2 borg team beams in aggro'd and everyone is plus 25 M. No one uses any buffs, powers, or anything but a knock back sniper.
Lt. Commander
# 28
01-01-2011, 07:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Methos5k
I've been through the cure recently, and wiped on both armek & the transformers; despite this, we completed it after getting back up and trying again.
I also know other teams that wiped many, many times on armek before completing it successfully. It does work, and I just wanted to let people know, for sure, that it can be done.
It is not a question of completing it, it is about the FU stuff that takes the FUN out of the mission.

If the completion of the mission makes you feel like kicking the cat, it WAS NOT a good mission.
Lt. Commander
# 29
01-01-2011, 07:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugsington
It is not a question of completing it, it is about the FU stuff that takes the FUN out of the mission.

If the completion of the mission makes you feel like kicking the cat, it WAS NOT a good mission.
I was wondering whether you're get here before me or not.

Lots of great tips about how to beat the boss.

Now if we could just figure out how to get the last gate down.

Note to Cryptic: Thanks a lot for making engineers close to useless by making shields useless.

Cryo grenades, though...hadn't thought of that one. TOO BAD WE CAN'T BUY THEM ANYWHERE. Guess I'll have to go do that one Breen mission AGAIN.
Lt. Commander
# 30
01-01-2011, 08:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adwynyth View Post
I was wondering whether you're get here before me or not.

Lots of great tips about how to beat the boss.

Now if we could just figure out how to get the last gate down.

Note to Cryptic: Thanks a lot for making engineers close to useless by making shields useless.

Cryo grenades, though...hadn't thought of that one. TOO BAD WE CAN'T BUY THEM ANYWHERE. Guess I'll have to go do that one Breen mission AGAIN.
Last gate- turn on, all 5 help clear all but elite, turn on 2nd, find snipe point not to aggro borg but snipe workers, 3 and 4 fast and onyl fight workers. ready some other threads for more insight, we've posted on them already the same few of us.