Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Klingon Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
# 61
12-22-2010, 05:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryptic_Gozer
No....

You are missing the point... The two in the shield bubble are supposed to be counting... however there is a bug that is counting something twice with the 6 transports at the beginning of the mission. You should only "have" to loot 2 of the first 6, and then pick up the last 2 by disabling and looting the 2 that are in the bubble.

As long as you get at least 2 of the first set of transports, the optional objective should not be failing.

I have this fixed internally... I'm not certian it has made it to Holodeck....
Awesome to read.
Lt. Commander
# 62
12-22-2010, 06:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryptic_Gozer
No....

You are missing the point... The two in the shield bubble are supposed to be counting... however there is a bug that is counting something twice with the 6 transports at the beginning of the mission. You should only "have" to loot 2 of the first 6, and then pick up the last 2 by disabling and looting the 2 that are in the bubble.

As long as you get at least 2 of the first set of transports, the optional objective should not be failing.

I have this fixed internally... I'm not certian it has made it to Holodeck....
The update to 50% disable is live, but the bug that kills when the freighters warp out is still there.

I've also noticed a new bug. I think you increased the time that they are disabled, however, it seems if you loot them after the original time frame, it doesn't count. I did the Attack Transport and Eriksson, and looted all 5 and 4 respectively, however, for some reason at least 1 didn't count in each mission.

Typically what I do is attack 1, then once that's disabled, attack the other, and try to loot the first. Well, that doesn't always go well (as there seems to be a small window between attacks that this will actually initiate and work). So, I ended up having to loot both ships once both were disabled.

After having at least one not count for both, I've since changed my tactic to disable, stop attacking, loot, and disable and had no issues. Either way, my guess is that somehow the old timer is still doing something, because even though the ship still shows as disabled, if you try to loot it too late, it doesn't count, even though you've actually looted it and it shows in your chat log that you looted it.

Also, please check with someone on the Eriksson fix, make sure it doesn't get lost in the cracks.
Lt. Commander
# 63
12-23-2010, 07:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Varrangian View Post
Gozer, I hope you know Gearhead doesn't represent even a fraction of the KDF population. Most of the KDFers I talk to about your work for us mention your name in a hushed reverence Like one might a Sumerian God :p But in all seriousness, thanks for all of your time and effort on this stuff.
Agreed

Hmmm, I wonder where we'll put his statue in Q'ono's.. hmm. Maybe we can move that Khaless' guy one or something.
Lt. Commander
# 64
12-23-2010, 01:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
Thanks for your work
Definitely, thanks for getting this implemented, and then tidying it up .
- the different tiers of crafting loot is perfect. I've capped my crafting, but it's something people will appreciate (and doesn't give us a huge advantage over the feds at LG).
- the rest of the quests are fun. I've learnt to do eriksson by killing 4 outside the bubble, so I can't confirm whether it's fixed.

Something I haven't seen mentioned is (I think) Kern.

There's a satellite that is unguarded - it's very nice, you still have to slow down and wait for the weapons to charge up, but it makes a nice change from smashing fed ships every jump.

[of course I haven't done it since the patch, so it might be gone now!]
Lt. Commander
# 65
12-23-2010, 11:45 PM
I am noticing a great deal of lag in Erikson for some reason.

Also, during the tribble testing of these it was mentioned that these "options" are geared towards Tactical Capts, and later options for the other branches would be added when you had time to work them out. Is that still the case?
Lt. Commander
# 66
12-27-2010, 11:35 AM
Eriksson has weird freezes, the freighter count is bugged making this the most horrible map in whole KDF content.
Just one advice. Read the Bug Reports.
Lt. Commander
# 67
12-27-2010, 10:13 PM
I have been mulling over this thread (yes I've read most of the previous pages...lol) and I have a suggestion for the freighters.

I think that once you have looted a freighter it should automatically be set to self-distruct (maybe that or have a pop-up option to send a virus to activate the self-distruct or beam over a torpedo to the ship whilst it's shields are down?) This would then set a 10 sec timer and get rid of the frieghter without having it warp out of the map after being looted. It would solve the problem of having looted freighters start up again and make you fail when they warp out of the map.

I know I'm relatively new to the game but I have had my own similar frustrations with both the freighter and Erikson missions where you disable, loot and then fail when they warp out of the system. Hope you don't mind this suggestion, would be cool to see it added in a future update maybe?
Lt. Commander
# 68
12-28-2010, 01:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Varkirr
I think that once you have looted a freighter it should automatically be set to self-distruct (maybe that or have a pop-up option to send a virus to activate the self-distruct or beam over a torpedo to the ship whilst it's shields are down?) This would then set a 10 sec timer and get rid of the frieghter without having it warp out of the map after being looted. It would solve the problem of having looted freighters start up again and make you fail when they warp out of the map.
You sound like a real Klingon, my friend.

"We emptied their hold, captain. Orders?"
- "Beam a photon torpedo to their ship in return."
Lt. Commander
# 69
12-28-2010, 09:15 AM
Phht. But I like blowing them up myself!
Sometimes I'm feeling generous when I get all their loot (also depends on the character, i.e. if I'm boarding with my Orion or my Klingon), but when some have escaped I always take it out on the others.

Gozer: Thanks for your continued efforts. <3
Lt. Commander
# 70
12-28-2010, 06:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valias
Phht. But I like blowing them up myself!
Sometimes I'm feeling generous when I get all their loot (also depends on the character, i.e. if I'm boarding with my Orion or my Klingon), but when some have escaped I always take it out on the others.

Gozer: Thanks for your continued efforts. <3
Well having an option to send a virus to start-up the freighter's self destruct sequence or having the ability to transport a torpedo over once the shields drop could be added just as an option that the player can choose to use or ignore via a bridge officer message or something similar, ignoring/cancelling the option would still allow you to destroy the freighter in the normal manner.... could be fun if it were added

Oh and slightly off topic but in the Deferi Dailies why is there no option for Klingons to rescue the deferi captives, there is only one option to fight and destroy....would be nice if you could approach the ship whilst cloaked, transport the captives off which then enitiates the fight sequence, even though I'm playing a klingon I still feel bad that the captives die each time because there is no option for klingons to rescue, so that part always fails in the mission logs