Lt. Commander
# 1 Gorn Customisation?
12-11-2010, 11:55 PM
Is there any word when the new Gorn customisation is going to be release?

Will there be lady Gorn?

Would we be able to tell them apart from the males? Since.. they're reptiles and all? :3

Maybe they'll get pretty frills and spines and stuff. ^.^
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-12-2010, 12:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelSilhouette View Post

Will there be lady Gorn?

Would we be able to tell them apart from the males? Since.. they're reptiles and all? :3

Soon
Perhaps
Possibly
Maybe
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-12-2010, 12:58 AM
Quote:
Last I heard it would be in one of the earliest updates after the release of Season Three. But then that was said when Season Three first debuted on Tribble. Haven't heard a peep since.

Quote:
Will there be lady Gorn?

Maybe there are ONLY lady Gorn.

Parthenogenesis for the win!
Lt. Commander
# 4
12-12-2010, 01:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyHappyJoyJoy View Post
Last I heard it would be in one of the earliest updates after the release of Season Three. But then that was said when Season Three first debuted on Tribble. Haven't heard a peep since.
I suppose they'll hit tribble first... I wonder if they'll actually open and close their mouths, now. (NPCs talking, Bite attack animation)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyHappyJoyJoy View Post
Maybe there are ONLY lady Gorn.

Parthenogenesis for the win!
Lt. Commander
# 5
12-12-2010, 02:00 AM
I have to say i was eagerly awaiting this with season 3 but what with the silence i'm somewhat disappointed. Because of it's separate release, i fear it will be on the C-Store. I hope it is'nt released on there, considering the inherently weak Gorn customisation options available from launch.
Lt. Commander
# 6
12-12-2010, 06:03 AM
Quote:

Will there be lady Gorn?

Nope, male and female Gorn are indistinguishable so having two genders for them is a moot point. However in character customization there shouldn't just be a "male" option. It should be something more appropriately double-gendered.
Lt. Commander
# 7
12-12-2010, 06:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParkerHayden View Post
Nope, male and female Gorn are indistinguishable so having two genders for them is a moot point. However in character customization there shouldn't just be a "male" option. It should be something more appropriately double-gendered.
I could of swore I read somewhere that Female Gorn are much larger then male Gorn....That would definitely be a distinguishable quality.
Lt. Commander
# 8
12-12-2010, 06:25 AM
Probably the female Gorn will have the same design flaw as the TRandoshan female on Star Wars... breasts!

They are reptiles... reptiles don't need breasts... get this right DEV's... since SWG Dev's never did!
Lt. Commander
# 9
12-12-2010, 06:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allegiance86
I could of swore I read somewhere that Female Gorn are much larger then male Gorn....That would definitely be a distinguishable quality.
At some point during their childhood, Gorn choose their gender and then grow the necessary "plumbing", that's why the two genders look so similar.
Lt. Commander
# 10
12-12-2010, 07:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orilium View Post
Probably the female Gorn will have the same design flaw as the TRandoshan female on Star Wars... breasts!

They are reptiles... reptiles don't need breasts... get this right DEV's... since SWG Dev's never did!
That's one of the reasons I'd hate to see cryptic explore things like female Nausicaans and Gorn. I have no idea what light canon or Star Trek literature has shed on Gorn genders (if any). However, if Gorn females were to ever be explored - provided they haven't already - I'd hate to see them follow the same pattern of having breasts and hourglass figures as other races do. As you said, Star Wars applies that same trend to clearly non-mammalian races like Trandoshans and Ithorians, and it just looks stupid.