Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 21
12-14-2010, 05:34 PM
It's just hilariously low-quality. I can't believe anyone is paying for it. Most of the other C-store stuff actually looks half-decent or better.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 22
12-15-2010, 06:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bos142 View Post
No offense Cryptic but i feel cheated. I purchased what i thought was Counseler Troi's uniform only to find that all we get is the top and not the long skirt that goes with it. Why would you even think that constitutes the whole uniform. Its like providing the top for the Rath of Khan uniform but no pants. Please fix this and make it available for all of those who already purchased the uniform for free. If possible can we get the 1 peiece smock or whatever you call that troi and picard wore in the very begining of the first season of the next generation "Please". Other than that good job with the latest batch of updates.
How do you feel cheated? Didn't you LOOK at the screenshots of the item before purchasing it? It clearly showed a new shirt and new shoes.

http://www.startrekonline.com/dyncon...ds/troi_01.jpg

If screenshots aren't your thing you could have tested the costume for yourself on the foundry. It was there before it hit the C-Store.

Personally I never had any interest in this outfit. It's almost the same thing as T'Pols which never interested me either.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 23
12-15-2010, 06:40 AM
I got lucky because of a glitch right after new season launch when i started a new character and got my 1st bridge officers in the tutorial all the uniform choices showed up as available when i changed there uniform so i got to see what all the uniforms looked like on my boffs including the Troi uniform. thats why i did not buy it. And yes i put in a bug report.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 24
12-15-2010, 07:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilv View Post
How do you feel cheated? Didn't you LOOK at the screenshots of the item before purchasing it? It clearly showed a new shirt and new shoes.

http://www.startrekonline.com/dyncon...ds/troi_01.jpg

If screenshots aren't your thing you could have tested the costume for yourself on the foundry. It was there before it hit the C-Store.

Personally I never had any interest in this outfit. It's almost the same thing as T'Pols which never interested me either.
Actually, I was in the game already and heard through zone chat that the outfit was now available. I opened the C-Store menu via the drop down in game, and was immediately at the C-Store.

The ONLY photos that were present at the time I bought this item, were two frontal shots, BOTH from the bust area upwards. And they could only be seen if you took the time to click the (I)information button.


Otherwise the chances that the item and all items, could be purchased "sight unseen" is very high - as that is how the C-Store seems desgined to function.

There was no way to see the problems with the back, the pants, or the boots. Though the thought that they would label this a pack is questionable to me, I am more concerned about having the item I purchased corrected as I currently can't stand to wear it and it is admittedly the most looked forward to release for me.

The only place I have seen the full body front and back photos, both after the fact, are on the main STO webpage.

There has been zero indication they are even acknowledging the problems and dis-satisfaction of the people who purchased this and have spoken up. This thread, and the official announcement thread, are filled with very unhappy people. You would think someone would be concerned by that and say "something" beyond just defending its sale, the sale price remains indefensable.

I share this experience to help explain why some could easily be dissatisfied.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 25
12-15-2010, 07:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SapphicZoid
Actually, I was in the game already and heard through zone chat that the outfit was now available. I opened the C-Store menu via the drop down in game, and was immediately at the C-Store.

The ONLY photos that were present at the time I bought this item, were two frontal shots, BOTH from the bust area upwards. And they could only be seen if you took the time to click the (I)information button.


Otherwise the chances that the item and all items, could be purchased "sight unseen" is very high - as that is how the C-Store seems desgined to function.
Lack of impulsive control is not a valid excuse for why anyone purchases something from any company. It's not Cryptic's fault if people don't want to take 2 minutes to decide if they want something rather then immediately jumping right in and buying it. Cryptic presents the information for you. If you choose to ignore it the onus is on you for your purchase.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 26
12-15-2010, 08:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SapphicZoid
Actually, I was in the game already and heard through zone chat that the outfit was now available. I opened the C-Store menu via the drop down in game, and was immediately at the C-Store.

The ONLY photos that were present at the time I bought this item, were two frontal shots, BOTH from the bust area upwards. And they could only be seen if you took the time to click the (I)information button.


Otherwise the chances that the item and all items, could be purchased "sight unseen" is very high - as that is how the C-Store seems desgined to function.

There was no way to see the problems with the back, the pants, or the boots. Though the thought that they would label this a pack is questionable to me, I am more concerned about having the item I purchased corrected as I currently can't stand to wear it and it is admittedly the most looked forward to release for me.

The only place I have seen the full body front and back photos, both after the fact, are on the main STO webpage.

There has been zero indication they are even acknowledging the problems and dis-satisfaction of the people who purchased this and have spoken up. This thread, and the official announcement thread, are filled with very unhappy people. You would think someone would be concerned by that and say "something" beyond just defending its sale, the sale price remains indefensable.

I share this experience to help explain why some could easily be dissatisfied.

The OP isn't complaining because of glitch errors. The OP is complaining because the costume didn't have the parts he hoped for. I can TOTALY agree w/ people who want clipping issues fixed or visual glitches rectified BUT don't complain that the costume isn't what you were hoping for IF you bought it before looking at it.

As I recall you knew what the Troi outfit was composed of some time ago.

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...0&postcount=31
http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...2&postcount=33

As I said before though even if people hadn't seen a screenshot, the costume is readily available for viewing in the foundry (A fact that was known before it hit the C-store). The C-store ALWAYS has clear full body shots of an item the day it goes on sale. Right under the item description it says Screenshots: 1 2
It might not be the SECOND it becomes available in game but the pictures ALWAYS make it to the C-store the same day. If a person decided to buy this costume "sight unseen" they can't fault Cryptic for hating what they bought because, they had the option to wait until pictures became available. The term "buyer beware" seems to apply.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 27
12-15-2010, 09:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilv View Post
The OP isn't complaining because of glitch errors. The OP is complaining because the costume didn't have the parts he hoped for. I can TOTALY agree w/ people who want clipping issues fixed or visual glitches rectified BUT don't complain that the costume isn't what you were hoping for IF you bought it before looking at it.

As I recall you knew what the Troi outfit was composed of some time ago.

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...0&postcount=31
http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...2&postcount=33

As I said before though even if people hadn't seen a screenshot, the costume is readily available for viewing in the foundry (A fact that was known before it hit the C-store). The C-store ALWAYS has clear full body shots of an item the day it goes on sale. Right under the item description it says Screenshots: 1 2
It might not be the SECOND it becomes available in game but the pictures ALWAYS make it to the C-store the same day. If a person decided to buy this costume "sight unseen" they can't fault Cryptic for hating what they bought because, they had the option to wait until pictures became available. The term "buyer beware" seems to apply.
No, I am very sorry. The pictures you are showing are NOT what was avialable in the C-store, entered via the game menu the day of its release. Nor is that the photo available in the C-Store as of this very moment, I just checked.

Those photos are the ones I state were ONLY seen online via the main website.

And my knowing what she wore has nothing to do with the poor quality which was NOT evident in the photos I DID view before I purchased it.

And not everyone cares to be on the test server, was/is knowledgeable of what is on the "test" server, or even CAN get on the test server as can be seen by the number of posts of people having issues with it, so the suggestion that should exscuse poor quality is laughable.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 28
12-15-2010, 09:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic_One View Post
Lack of impulsive control is not a valid excuse for why anyone purchases something from any company. It's not Cryptic's fault if people don't want to take 2 minutes to decide if they want something rather then immediately jumping right in and buying it. Cryptic presents the information for you. If you choose to ignore it the onus is on you for your purchase.
And the desire to turn a quick dollar is no exscuse to produce sub-par items and then ignore the people who are upset with the quality. Forget the "Pack" issue. The photos available through the game seem to have delieberatly avoided showing the back and pants which are not in keeping with the costume worn in the show as has been pointed out by a slew of people.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 29
12-15-2010, 09:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SapphicZoid
And the desire to turn a quick dollar is no exscuse to produce sub-par items and then ignore the people who are upset with the quality. Forget the "Pack" issue. The photos available through the game seem to have delieberatly avoided showing the back and pants which are not in keeping with the costume worn in the show as has been pointed out by a slew of people.
The photos in the website C-Store clearly show the back and pants. The C-Store on the website is the catalog for the game and where you buy your Cryptic Points to get the items. The onus is on the buyer to make sure what they are getting is what they want. There was no bait-and-switch and no misrepresentation. There were simply people who impulsively purchased without bothering to fully check to see what they were getting. Caveat emptor is what it is. In every purchase it's the buyer's responsibility to make sure item X is what they wish to buy.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 30
12-15-2010, 12:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic_One View Post
The photos in the website C-Store clearly show the back and pants. The C-Store on the website is the catalog for the game and where you buy your Cryptic Points to get the items. The onus is on the buyer to make sure what they are getting is what they want. There was no bait-and-switch and no misrepresentation. There were simply people who impulsively purchased without bothering to fully check to see what they were getting. Caveat emptor is what it is. In every purchase it's the buyer's responsibility to make sure item X is what they wish to buy.
Again, simply not true. You can open the page to buy Crypic points AS I DID, and NEVER go to that page, it goes to a log in screen and then Directly to the choice of how much you wish to buy. If you are going to try defend what is clearly by most peoples accounts, undefensable, at least do not provide misleading and false information as part of your argument. Especially something that ANYONE can try and clearly see that is what you have done.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:06 PM.