Lt. Commander
# 1 Stacking (Literally)
12-13-2010, 11:21 AM
I just rolled my first Klingon (this my first and only MMO) Love this game and sector space? Beautiful. At first i was terribly bummed out with my initial experience with PvP mainly do to a plain lack of understanding but partly to do with reply,s to my apparently uber noob questions, then i thought about what it was like teaching my wife how to play chess. Thats when i learned that thick skin is a must.

In any case, I'm trying to improve my game in PvP. Iv been reading about keybinds and realized i dont have the patience for it (my problem) I'm wondering, is it possible to literally stack "cards" for instance place the distribute shield power card on top of the EPtS card in my tray so they'll work in tandem, this would help forgo the time required to bind certain powers. Now i know this cant work for some powers if at all, but the thought occurred to me so i thought id share it. (Flame on)

Thanks for reading
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-13-2010, 11:41 AM
Do you mean to press one keyboard shortcut (say, CTRL+D) and it will distribute shield powers AND fire EPtS at the same time?
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-13-2010, 11:42 AM
No, I do not believe you can "stack cards" as you put it with the powers tray - that is what key binding is for.

I don't have the link handy but there is a post all about key bindings in the PvP part of the forum, which explains the subject quite well. If you are still stuck having read it, post on the thread and someone (much more knowledgeable than me on the subject) will likely give you the exact key bind you are looking for.
Lt. Commander
# 4 Bummer
12-13-2010, 11:54 AM
That was what i was trying to avoid. I read that entire post and it was a bit over my head tbh thats why i was curious if there were any way to "bind" the way i mentioned seeing as i use my mouse for power use and dont want to "bind" a bunch of keys, just a couple. Please understand this MMO world is brand new o me so anything to make it a tad easier would of course b welcome. But if not ill just go bac to blowing everything up the old fashioned way i suppose. Thank you for the reply,s.