Lt. Commander
# 21
12-14-2010, 08:06 PM
Hmm... is it me... or does the in game shot make that char look like a Matador?
Lt. Commander
# 22
12-14-2010, 08:20 PM
No no no. Matador pants are much more stylish.
Lt. Commander
# 23
12-14-2010, 08:26 PM
I don't mind that they are putting it in game, eventually all the canon uniforms will be made available so what's the point? As stated these are optional, and if you see someone running around in it, just ignore them, its quite simple. It's no different to the other combinations that aren't exactly good.

The thing I have noticed though, is that while the uniform may not look so good in the canon configuration, some other uniforms do look very cool in new colour configs. Right now I am using the Mirror Universe uniform that I had no intention of using, but once I saw what it looked like in all black, I liked it. That one that was posted earlier by wilv in the thread actually looked good in the different colour scheme.

Though I must admit, the ones they had in the show were horrid looking, far too loose in the top and too tight in the pants and even the young officers looked like they were wearing their grandparents clothes lol

But like I said before, it's being put in like every other canon uniform, and there's no point complaining about it. Just wait until the "Cage" uniforms are released for the next lot of complaints come out:

http://images.yuku.com/image/pjpeg/0...373f20bf4.pjpg
Lt. Commander
# 24
12-14-2010, 09:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MavrykDH View Post
Just wait until the "Cage" uniforms are released for the next lot of complaints come out:

That's a female uniform I'd totally be happy to pay for.
Lt. Commander
# 25
12-14-2010, 11:24 PM
They do look kinda funny when they go up that far.
Lt. Commander
# 26
12-15-2010, 12:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shizaru
Really? How so? No snark, I'm just interested.
How so on me questioning my trekkieness, or on why i hate the discussion going on?
Lt. Commander
# 27
12-15-2010, 01:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cavilier210 View Post
How so on me questioning my trekkieness, or on why i hate the discussion going on?
I'd say why does it make you question your trekkiness?

I don't see an issue with the discussion, you either like it or you don't and are free to discuss it, but it is coming whether players want it or not (which seems 50/50) so there's no point in saying it shouldn't be added. All uniforms will be eventually released ingame, some you will like and some you will not like, and you are not forced to use/buy any of them.
Lt. Commander
# 28
12-15-2010, 01:36 AM
Quote:

I don't see an issue with the discussion, you either like it or you don't and are free to discuss it, but it is coming whether players want it or not (which seems 50/50) so there's no point in saying it shouldn't be added. All uniforms will be eventually released ingame, some you will like and some you will not like, and you are not forced to use/buy any of them.
ya, I have no issue with them being in the game. My issue was the discussion going on about making all the NPC's wear them. That irked me.

It made me question my trekkieness in that I love star trek for seemingly vastly different reasons then the majority of the fans i encounter. I like the ships, the science and engineering behind them. I like the challenge of ideas tossed about. I was never into it because i thought the uniforms were cool, or its a utopia I believe in, or because i thought the "canon" mattered.

When I watched TNG, I watched it with giant gaps between the episodes (like skipping one here and there, reruns) and there wasn't an overarching story, that I now know exists.

I find I can't relate to "canon-mongers". They don't seem to allow for growth, change, and diversity in the IP. I like the new stuff that's brought up. Hell, my favorite ship isn't a canon ship, lol. I like what cryptic has done in the visual direction of the game, and I see the people who appear to be the biggest fans of ST pound that into the mud for something "canon". In this case, something only shown in 3 episodes that were alt realities/futures.

The cryptis uniforms would be perfect, in my opinion, if they had color on shoulders, and on the "pin stripes" rather than on the belly and back. Just my opinion, lol.
Lt. Commander
# 29
12-15-2010, 01:45 AM
Quote:

I still say much of the hate is due to the people who want them on all the NPC's. I know i certainly wouldn't have said boo about the uniforms at all if that hadn't come up.

But then the likelyhood of Cryptic changing the NPCs into any other uniform is a massive stretch at best, i'll make a prediction here; The AGT uni's will go to the c-store for a standard price, the current NPC uni's won't see ANY change and that'll be that. It's an outcome that'll make cryptic money in the c-store, will be easiest and quickest for Cryptic to implement and won't rock the boat with their customers, win/win/win for Cryptic.
Lt. Commander
# 30
12-15-2010, 03:01 AM
Quote:
But like I said before, it's being put in like every other canon uniform, and there's no point complaining about it. Just wait until the "Cage" uniforms are released for the next lot of complaints come out:

Been a while since I'd seen The Cage. Forgot how creepy that guy in the formal jacket looked. ;p

---

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cormoran View Post
I still say much of the hate is due to the people who want them on all the NPC's. I know i certainly wouldn't have said boo about the uniforms at all if that hadn't come up.
Pretty much this. I have no love for the AGT uniforms, even the so-called "improved design" (I love the irony when some of the AGT supporters point out they've been "improved." If they were all that, why was there any need for a touch up at all?) That said, I don't care if people want to wear them. In light of the fact there are people who make their toons look like they are wearing jeans and tennis shoes, this is really no different, i.e. I applaud the freedom we have and that people do these things in-game to customize their experiance to their liking. The problem starts when people tell me, I must accept a massive, manditory visual change towards a very unpopular uniform.

This isn't AGT or Endgame Online, it's Star Trek Online, meaning it's all about more than just two or 3 shows regarding a future Trek in alternate timelines. I feel I must remind people about IDIC - it should be taken into account when you are in an online game since we're not all alike.