Originally Posted by Roach View Post
I hope you are wrong.
I do, too. That would be amazingly sad.
Lt. Commander
# 112
12-15-2010, 05:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevenstarr
Ok first off fireworks has it's place in the game. But it does not have it's place in PVP and here is why.

Not only is it flat out obnoxious it creates more lag on top of a bad lag situation especially where KvF matches happen where there are carriers involved. Some players macro their fireworks to their space bar because they know it will lag some players to a point that it compromises their ability to fight.

LOL one person even told me that using firework emote causes players to miss him more. No...it just has the potential to lag another player to the point they can't fire or keep proper aim.

So, this really needs to be looked at by the devs. There are plenty of other places to play with fire woks.
agreed. nothing against players using all tactics or powers available in the game (thats why its cryptics fault for allowing it...) but i think using fireworks at all is lame. the only time u should be able to use it is after a glorious kill

this is what currently happens.....

Ensign Douche: Decloaking sir!
Captain: Launch fireworks!
Lt OP: photonic shockwave spamming them!
Captain: need more fireworks!!!!
Commander Pwnzor: commencing homo attack!
Captain: fireworks.....
Photonic officer: sir the crew is dead anddall of our allies have been destroyed...
Captain: WHATS WRONG WITH YOU! MASH SPACEBAR MORE FIREWORKS!

i think you see the dilemna and how this is unrealistic and lame.
Lt. Commander
# 113
12-15-2010, 05:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post
Stripes.
excellent comedy.

Seems to me that the latest complaint to use as a crutch is the "I get lag because..." excuse.

I understand that lag sucks and it effects almost everyone but complaining that the fireworks lagg you out when the game has so many graphics in play (GW/TykR/EWP/Mines/ETC) is silly. Its not the fireworks per se so much as your PC has reached its limit of what it can process effeciently in a live play situation.
Time to turn down your graphics for pvp and you should be fine.
ill just keep running my dos 5 386x and still wtfroflstomp you. sure i only get 1 frame an hour but i can still win. just remember the outgoing lag isnt affected by graphics lag, so if u still enter the sequence properly you can win. oh how many tiems i lag freeze up and come out of it to see a glorious 100k yellow number and nothing else left in its wake. but seriously, but me a new pc, or stfu about people lowerign graphics to deal with a lag inducing exploit. sheesh. disable fireworks in combat, period.
Lt. Commander
# 114
12-15-2010, 05:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrustyMac View Post
Disagree, and disagree. I especially disagree that fireworks have no place in PvP.
i cant believe all of you competent skilled pvpers are in support of this lamesauce tactic. for shame, no wonder cryptic has no care for the pvp community, just a bunch of gnarling haters waiting for the next fotm to abuse. resorting to fireworks.. then being called on it.. and actually trying to defend it. i mean guys really, nothing personal i think you are way off base. the op couldnt be more right imho. sad to say :/
Lt. Commander
# 115
12-15-2010, 05:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OmegaOm View Post
You should be able to use what ever you want in a battle.
Deception is part of the game.
let me warp. you dont want realistic game youd be huddled in sol starbase petting tribbles. im done with this thread
Lt. Commander
# 116
12-15-2010, 06:04 PM
LOL relax and shoot off some fireworks action. Pew Pew
Lt. Commander
# 117
12-15-2010, 06:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevenstarr
Bzzz wrong. It has been building to this point. Not just one instance.

The funny thing is this. Some of you think the way to beat me down in this thread with trolling remarks like I must have a POS computer or I am not able to pvp. Which makes me LOL. Many of you following this line of argument are simply trying to deflect from the matter at hand.

Fireworks in pvp is not as intended. If it were as intended the devs would have made it a chaff with an actual counter measure knocking down incoming torps and such. Now there is an idea... if you want something like fire works that has an actually function ask for CHAFF. oh..wait you have mines and target at will. hmmm.

For the record I never said Lore was full of hackers and exploiters. I said:

"Lore is a great pvp team. Why stoop to such levels like this?"

So the question is...Does Lore enjoy being tools or does Lore lack confidence in their own ability to pvp?

Just saying...
Fireworks do in fact have a function in PvP. They annoy the heck out of you. I'm going to be sure to spam them if we ever PvP together.
Lt. Commander
# 118
12-15-2010, 06:50 PM
fireworks are also cannon. that one episode of ds9 when sisko and jake use thta bajor solar sailer and acidently warp to cardassia. gul dukat greets them with fireworks.
Lt. Commander
# 119
12-15-2010, 08:13 PM
fireworks are stpuid and thats IT! *walks away
Lt. Commander
# 120
12-15-2010, 08:29 PM
"INCOMING TORPEDOES CAPTAIN!"

LAUNCH FLARES ON MY MARK!

MARK!

*Fweewww Pop POp