12-14-2010, 01:36 PM
Nerf fireworks!
Lt. Commander
# 32
12-14-2010, 01:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hurleybird View Post
Fireworks do not need a device slot.
I guess I was mis-informed. A trip to the ship yard is in order then.
Lt. Commander
# 33
12-14-2010, 01:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevenstarr
And as I said before the game has enough lag causing issues it does not need another one added. Ironically I rarely lag in FVF but KvF? KvF is lag central.
Maybe on your comp. I've never encountered this lag everyone comes on about in PVP and I'm mostly playing with my KDF toon which means a lot of people either have really bad comps (since mines not significantly above the system requirements and I usually have it in windowed mode with facebook/forums/etc in the background) or they're playing with upped graphic settings that clearly weren't intended for someone with that low level of hardware. Both of which are user issues that really only the user can control (by either upgrading their hardware or turning down the graphic settings)

Quote:
Originally Posted by N_Danger
I like to see people who use fire works. That means they are not using a device slot for something useful.

Doesn't take a device slot, just a spot in your inventory
Lt. Commander
# 34
12-14-2010, 01:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveHale View Post
Nerf fireworks!
You should be able to use what ever you want in a battle.
Deception is part of the game.
Lt. Commander
# 35
12-14-2010, 01:52 PM
Quote:
Maybe on your comp. I've never encountered this lag everyone comes on about in PVP and I'm mostly playing with my KDF toon which means a lot of people either have really bad comps (since mines not significantly above the system requirements and I usually have it in windowed mode with facebook/forums/etc in the background) or they're playing with upped graphic settings that clearly weren't intended for someone with that low level of hardware. Both of which are user issues that really only the user can control (by either upgrading their hardware or turning down the graphic settings)
Not every one is going to run out and buy a new computer. One of the things an MMO company needs to be able to do is make their product run on systems that may not meet their specs or they run the risk of losing subscribers.

The issue very well may have to do with the fact I have an ATI card which Cryptic for what ever reason decided to not consider when putting the game together. Suffice it to say I am running at the lowest settings and it is only in KVF that I encounter lag.

The other issue that was brought up and admitted to was that the fireworks are being used to hide torpedoes. That alone is good enough of a reason to make it to where the emote can not be used while in combat. Some one else said it is causing visual problems with Eject Plasma. Another reason this should be limited in PVP.

Again...I am asking the Devs to make the emote an OUT OF COMBAT item. There is nothing un-reasonable about the request only to those who wish to use it as a way to annoy others.
Lt. Commander
# 36
12-14-2010, 02:27 PM
Quote:
Again...I am asking the Devs to make the emote an OUT OF COMBAT item. There is nothing un-reasonable about the request only to those who wish to use it as a way to annoy others.
Yes, there is something very unreasonable about your request. If I have a tool that will make my opponent go "Oh, look...sparklies...." while he fails to notice a slow moving torpedo chock full o' hurt coming at him - I'm using it.

It isn't unsportsmanlike conduct. It isn't meant to annoy you. Its employing a tactic that may or may not give me an advantage in combat. (All dependant on how easily distracted my opponent is by pretty shiny things)

And one that a klink or a fed can use.

Sack up, bro. It aint the fireworks that are killing you.
Lt. Commander
# 37
12-14-2010, 02:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by boglejam View Post
Yes, there is something very unreasonable about your request. If I have a tool that will make my opponent go "Oh, look...sparklies...." while he fails to notice a slow moving torpedo chock full o' hurt coming at him - I'm using it.

It isn't unsportsmanlike conduct. It isn't meant to annoy you. Its employing a tactic that may or may not give me an advantage in combat. (All dependant on how easily distracted my opponent is by pretty shiny things)

And one that a klink or a fed can use.

Sack up, bro. It aint the fireworks that are killing you.
We will let the Devs decide that...now won't we? As far as what is killing me, look me up in FVF and see for yourself...what is killing me.

BTW... Emotes are not tools nor were they ever intended to be.
Lt. Commander
# 38
12-14-2010, 02:49 PM
Quote:
Not every one is going to run out and buy a new computer. One of the things an MMO company needs to be able to do is make their product run on systems that may not meet their specs or they run the risk of losing subscribers.
No, not everyone is, on the same token though not every comp is going to be able to run every game. Technically you can't lose subscribers unless you already had them. Like my comp from 2001 not being able to run WoW (2004) at all.

It's hard to ignore that with each new mmo coming out that the bare minimum requirements (where the game will play....but without graphics and not without issue) go up a bit, the industry already leaves people behind that don't have reasonable comps, there is a cut off point. In most cases if you're comp is more than 3 years old it'll probably run an mmo but the game wasn't designed for it.

Technically can't lose subscribers without them having already subscribed.
Lt. Commander
# 39
12-14-2010, 02:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon_Picard
No, not everyone is, on the same token though not every comp is going to be able to run every game. Technically you can't lose subscribers unless you already had them. Like my comp from 2001 not being able to run WoW (2004) at all.

It's hard to ignore that with each new mmo coming out that the bare minimum requirements (where the game will play....but without graphics and not without issue) go up a bit, the industry already leaves people behind that don't have reasonable comps, there is a cut off point. In most cases if you're comp is more than 3 years old it'll probably run an mmo but the game wasn't designed for it.

Technically can't lose subscribers without them having already subscribed.
Tell that to a bean counter who sees the value in gaining subscribers.

Backward compatibility...interesting concept.

Oh I just remembered where I have seen you before, you have been part of my kill count. Nice pvping with you. You do well in pvp.
Lt. Commander
# 40
12-14-2010, 04:28 PM
Quote:

Oh I just remembered where I have seen you before, you have been part of my kill count. Nice pvping with you. You do well in pvp.
That's 50/50 if it was a fed would have been my flat mate since I don't tend to pvp my fed toon (or log in...scared his talaxian hair will disappear and it's no longer in the hair style list so avoiding that as much as possible)

Either way, if complete backward compatibility were where MMO's head then none of them would have system requirements above WoW (biggest competition for all MMO's in a sense) and that obviously isn't the case since it's unlikely you'll get most recent release MMO's to run on an Intel Pentium 4 1.3 GHz (the minimum for WoW). Even STO's recommended specs are a few jumps forward in tech from WoW's cause I know our server comp can run WoW but can not run STO at all. The bar inches forward with mmo specs they aren't staying the same.