Lt. Commander
# 41
12-14-2010, 04:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon_Picard
That's 50/50 if it was a fed would have been my flat mate since I don't tend to pvp my fed toon (or log in...scared his talaxian hair will disappear and it's no longer in the hair style list so avoiding that as much as possible)

Either way, if complete backward compatibility were where MMO's head then none of them would have system requirements above WoW (biggest competition for all MMO's in a sense) and that obviously isn't the case since it's unlikely you'll get most recent release MMO's to run on an Intel Pentium 4 1.3 GHz (the minimum for WoW). Even STO's recommended specs are a few jumps forward in tech from WoW's cause I know our server comp can run WoW but can not run STO at all. The bar inches forward with mmo specs they aren't staying the same.

Yet isn't it interesting that even at full graphics mode (which I have seen) the graphics thus far in STO are inferior to WOW's? hmmm.
Lt. Commander
# 42
12-14-2010, 04:43 PM
Wow, thanks for making this topic to give me the idea. I cant wait to go out and shoot fireworks constantly. Im going to tell all my friends too. Thanks again, this was a big help.
Lt. Commander
# 43
12-14-2010, 05:33 PM
LORE likes fireworks for two reasons:

a. It hides our torps somewhat
b. It looks cool <--mostly this

We do not purposefully try to lag people out or glitch warp plasma or whatever (haven't even heard of that last one). It also comes with a bit of price in that the more powers you try to use simultaneously in this game the more likely they are to annoyingly fail to activate.

Lighten up, or join in the fun and use some fireworks yourself

It causes LAG.. Some of the Good Lore Players like MiniMax.. know it's an exploit and don't use it... The ones that do continue to exploit it should get warned and/or temporary 1 week ban... But I am sure they'll just make it so fireworks can't be used at red alert
Lt. Commander
# 44
12-14-2010, 05:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beagles View Post
Wow, thanks for making this topic to give me the idea. I cant wait to go out and shoot fireworks constantly. Im going to tell all my friends too. Thanks again, this was a big help.
Go right ahead and just like the Engineering shields that you abused on Drozana then a week later got banned as result...the quicker this too will get banned. ;-)
Lt. Commander
# 45
12-14-2010, 05:35 PM
No one got banned for engineering shields.....?
Lt. Commander
# 46 No but they should of...
12-14-2010, 05:36 PM
Hmm picture of a troll...
Lt. Commander
# 47
12-14-2010, 05:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beagles View Post
No one got banned for engineering shields.....?
I am sorry I should be clear about this...no you did not get banned...But the use of engineering shields got banned in SOCIAL AREAS. Is that clear enough?
Lt. Commander
# 48
12-14-2010, 05:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevenstarr
BTW... Emotes are not tools nor were they ever intended to be.
Yeah..and emotes don't sit in my inventory either. Fireworks do. What else sits in my inventory? Oh yeah...all the other things I can use in game during combat. Strange.

And if you think the graphics on max in this game don't look as good as or better than the graphics in WOW, I have to wonder what kind of POS computer and video card you are using. Actually, that may be your entire lag issue right there - you're probably running a 486DX2/66 with a video card rocking 640x480 in 32 colors and wondering why the graphics suck and fireworks stutter your system.

Anyway, as long as fireworks are in inventory and deploy during combat - despite your opinion and whaa whaa - I'm using them if I think it will distract enemies or pull them off of teammates. Good luck with the whine thread and I will be very surprised and disappointed if your NERF FIREWORKS request gets any traction with the devs.
Lt. Commander
# 49
12-14-2010, 05:48 PM
Hmm... Fireworks can hide Warpplasma?

If that is an exploit.. shouldn't that make this topic now closeable and he should get a warning for posting an exploit?

Fireworks in combat isn't a problem. Never has it bothered me. Either the act of doing it, or any graphical slow downs.

People want to spam it, I don't see a problem with it..
Lt. Commander
# 50
12-14-2010, 05:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by boglejam View Post
Yeah..and emotes don't sit in my inventory either. Fireworks do. What else sits in my inventory? Oh yeah...all the other things I can use in game during combat. Strange.

And if you think the graphics on max in this game don't look as good as or better than the graphics in WOW, I have to wonder what kind of POS computer and video card you are using. Actually, that may be your entire lag issue right there - you're probably running a 486DX2/66 with a video card rocking 640x480 in 32 colors and wondering why the graphics suck and fireworks stutter your system.

Anyway, as long as fireworks are in inventory and deploy during combat - despite your opinion and whaa whaa - I'm using them if I think it will distract enemies or pull them off of teammates. Good luck with the whine thread and I will be very surprised and disappointed if your NERF FIREWORKS request gets any traction with the devs.
Yeah... that is what I am running. Wow how did you know that?

Not every one can run out and buy the latest hardware and be l33t like you. Aside from that...bzzz...wrong that is not what I am running.

As far as the Devs go, they are aware of the situation and we will see soon what happens. Till then enjoy your little fun.