Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Feature Episodes, Events and PvE Content
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
12-16-2010, 04:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by piwright42 View Post
Dude, trust me the Cane STINKS. If I could I would give you one of the thirteen I have, especially the ones my Klingons have. Stupid thing only works with that transphasic barrier thinggy, so it consumes two of your toons four device slots. It summons Starfleet personel, even to your Klingon so then you are fighting a two front battle. And you do not want to use it vs the Breen as I recall they use polaron weapons and that dumb walking stick makes you 400% more susceptible to polaron damage. Freaking stupid stick. Had I known that it was the special and not the phaser or disruptor I would not have made it a priority to finish the Devidian missions. DUMB staff of dumbness. Sorry Cryptic just calling it as I see it. Devidian missions=great, season three=great. Walking stick of Kalima=carp!
lol.. thanks .

I would like to make the baddies float though .

I too wish you could give me a Cane, I seem to go for dumb but fun items hehe.

Thanks your response was informative and ammusing (and I guess a little comforting)
Lt. Commander
# 12
12-16-2010, 04:58 AM
To the OP:

You knew that the reward was a limited deal. Now Cryptic may not have posted the exact date on the launcher, nor did they come to your house and tack a notice up on your front door with the exact date, but you knew that it was a limited time offer.

That means that it's on you to make sure that you meet the requirements to receive these time limited rewards. It's not Cryptic's fault that for some odd reason you completed the mission but decided not to take that extra step and simply push the button to receive your reward, it's your fault.

And Cryptic does make this information available, right here on this forum. It's the reason that we all knew that this deal would expire on December 9th, when Season 3 went live. If you didn't know that then that's your fault.

By the way, while in game there is an option to summon a GM and ask him for assistance. I have no idea if they'll help you or not, but you'll never know unless you use that option and find out.
Lt. Commander
# 13
12-16-2010, 05:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoggyDude
lol.. thanks .

I would like to make the baddies float though .

I too wish you could give me a Cane, I seem to go for dumb but fun items hehe.

Thanks your response was informative and ammusing (and I guess a little comforting)
Actually the summoning of the Starfleet officer was funny. I had the stick by it's self on my toon and was trying to figure out why I could not use it. Just so happened they were talking about it in TSS or TenForward chat and someone speculated about the metaphasic barrier thing.

Being far from the saltiest peanut in the turd I slotted the barrier right on the spot. I was on the Cold Comfort Deferi mission so thank goodness I was safe from polaron weapons. Anywho the stick did not light up. Hmm... I activated the barrier and lo the stick did light up.

So I go to click on the stick but I am taking fire all of a sudden. That was when I realized it was not just me and the Deferi anymore, as a ghostly Starfleet science officer lowered a phaser on me and fired yet again. never did fire that stick up. Fortuitous for Klingons; diplomacy, even in times of mercy, is the furthest thing from our minds.
Lt. Commander
# 14
12-16-2010, 05:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine_Falcon View Post
To the OP:

You knew that the reward was a limited deal. Now Cryptic may not have posted the exact date on the launcher, nor did they come to your house and tack a notice up on your front door with the exact date, but you knew that it was a limited time offer.

That means that it's on you to make sure that you meet the requirements to receive these time limited rewards. It's not Cryptic's fault that for some odd reason you completed the mission but decided not to take that extra step and simply push the button to receive your reward, it's your fault.

And Cryptic does make this information available, right here on this forum. It's the reason that we all knew that this deal would expire on December 9th, when Season 3 went live. If you didn't know that then that's your fault.

By the way, while in game there is an option to summon a GM and ask him for assistance. I have no idea if they'll help you or not, but you'll never know unless you use that option and find out.
Why are you so mean in these posts Peregrine? They were a bit vague about this one. I did not even know what item in the reward list was the early bird special, and I am on these boards too often for my own good. Sometimes things just slip through my net. I am certain that the same happened to DoggyDude.
Lt. Commander
# 15
12-17-2010, 01:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by piwright42 View Post
Why are you so mean in these posts Peregrine? They were a bit vague about this one.
First, no they weren't vague. They said the reward would stop being given out on December 9th when Season 3 went live and that's what happened.

Secondly, I'm not being mean, I'm being honest.

Look, when a full-grown adult deliberately sticks his hand into a fire and then comes to me looking for sympathy he gets none. It's not the fire's fault that he got burned it's his fault, and I'm going to say so. I'm going to say something like; "John, you're my friend and I love you, but stop sticking your hand in the fire!"

The OP's complaint isn't that Cryptic didn't give notice, the complaint is that Cryptic didn't give him sufficient notice. And my reply to that is; "They put notice right up here on the forums. If you didn't find that notice then you have no one to blame but yourself."

Now I can see how in today's ultra-liberal, PC, no-one's-a-loser world how that may seem mean, but it isn't. It's simply me saying; "Quit blaming other people for your mistakes. Man-up and take responsibility for your own actions."
Lt. Commander
# 16
12-17-2010, 01:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine_Falcon View Post
First, no they weren't vague. They said the reward would stop being given out on December 9th when Season 3 went live and that's what happened.

Secondly, I'm not being mean, I'm being honest.

Look, when a full-grown adult deliberately sticks his hand into a fire and then comes to me looking for sympathy he gets none. It's not the fire's fault that he got burned it's his fault, and I'm going to say so. I'm going to say something like; "John, you're my friend and I love you, but stop sticking your hand in the fire!"

The OP's complaint isn't that Cryptic didn't give notice, the complaint is that Cryptic didn't give him sufficient notice. And my reply to that is; "They put notice right up here on the forums. If you didn't find that notice then you have no one to blame but yourself."

Now I can see how in today's ultra-liberal, PC, no-one's-a-loser world how that may seem mean, but it isn't. It's simply me saying; "Quit blaming other people for your mistakes. Man-up and take responsibility for your own actions."
Brutal honesty, like my Grandmother's, and like mine when pushed to frustration, certainly can't hold that against you.

Well I do not believe in giving out sympathy either, it engenders dependence. A little empathy with the truth about the value of the item and a funny story to absorb some of the sting from the lesson never hurt anyone.
Lt. Commander
# 17
12-17-2010, 04:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Askray View Post
Actually dstahl posted quite a few times that the cane would be going bye bye with the launch of Season 3.
Funny, I'm on the forum most days and I don't recall having seen anything from dstahl or any of the other guys giving the date when the special reward for the Devedian series would expire. They made it very clear with the Deferi special that it would go when the next episode series came out (i.e. the Devedian series) but I've not seen anything this time round.

I've not completed the Devedian series on any of my chars yet, as I've been busy PvPing and thought I had plenty of time to do them before the special expired. So it looks like I've missed out too, am I upset? Mildly but I have had plenty of opportunity to complete those missions and not having the reward isn't the end of the world, guess I'll just have to wait for a re-run weekend.
Lt. Commander
# 18
12-17-2010, 06:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DogsBody
Funny, I'm on the forum most days and I don't recall having seen anything from dstahl or any of the other guys giving the date when the special reward for the Devedian series would expire.
I'm way too lazy to search them all out from the various Devs, but based on date of release (i searched up from the release posts by Dstahl rather them from before or after) here's one by him from the day of the release of the last Devidian episode. There were were other posts by other Devs as well. If you want to read them then search them out yourself.
Lt. Commander
# 19
12-17-2010, 08:56 AM
oops wrong thread. This is that silly one where somebody forgot that the "special" rewards are limited and threw a hissy.