Lt. Commander
# 1 How many millions for Aegis?
12-14-2010, 05:10 AM
Since i am no crafter i guess i have to buy it. In case it's tradable because only one set per toon allowed.
In case it's not tradeable, do i have to become a mastet crafter or something?
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-14-2010, 05:16 AM
Maxing out crafting right now will cost you under a million EC and take fifteen minutes. Yeah, it will preobably cost insane amounts on the AH, mainly because of the time needed to gather the anomalies, because the gear is good, and because people are always looking to make a big profit on the exchange.
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-14-2010, 05:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathan99
Maxing out crafting right now will cost you under a million EC and take fifteen minutes.
sorry but how?

the easiest way is to just craft 150 hypo's but that would still cost you 1500 of the low level red items.

your not going to buy 1500 for under a million. maybe 10 - 15 million if your lucky.
Lt. Commander
# 4
12-14-2010, 05:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Revo
sorry but how?

the easiest way is to just craft 150 hypo's but that would still cost you 1500 of the low level red items.

your not going to buy 1500 for under a million. maybe 10 - 15 million if your lucky.
The market has adjusted since he posted. The Ferengis won.
Lt. Commander
# 5
12-14-2010, 05:37 AM
Well, I guess Krafting is out for me as I'm one poor Klink and do not have near 10-15 million in the bank.
SO is Krafting to be the rich players playground then?
Or can it be maxed over time?
Or will it stall out for the average player without lots of credits to spend on those rare materials that never seem to drop?
Lt. Commander
# 6
12-14-2010, 05:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren_Kitlor
The market has adjusted since he posted. The Ferengis won.
That and I assumed everyone was sitting on lots of unused crafting materials like me, waiting for a crafting revamp.
Lt. Commander
# 7
12-14-2010, 05:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post
Well, I guess Krafting is out for me as I'm one poor Klink and do not have near 10-15 million in the bank.
Or will it stall out for the average player without lots of credits to spend on those rare materials that never seem to drop?
it can be done over time, all tho very slowly.
I was lucky and had quit a bit of mats on my fed to level up my Klink.
Lt. Commander
# 8
12-14-2010, 06:03 AM
Quote:
Mostly yes. I've managed to get to around 1000 general crafting (I think the cap is 1500-ish) by spending 3-4 million EC and farming T'ong for around an hour (Tong farming is pointless - far too many people trying to do it, and it seems there's only ever one instance). So with a bit of luck, you could probably reach 1500 with maybe 6-8 million EC.

[note that some stuff will sell on the exchange, but you won't make a profit overall]

Quote:
It can be, but obviously you'd still need to either raise X million EC somehow, or farm the t'ong nebula until your eyes fall out.

Quote:
AFAIK the rare materials are only needed for crafting purple items, which you don't "need" to craft... whether there are enough rare items when you reach the cap I don't know.
Lt. Commander
# 9
12-14-2010, 06:22 AM
Also you only really need to max out one of your toons research skills and just send any equip etc to the ones who need it and vice versa with the data supplies.

Also just 15 mins in B'tran allowed me to collect approx 75 of each of the sample types with about 3 rare ones. It doesn't take that long to just collect the anomalies yourself rather than spend obscene amounts on the exchange.

Also joining a fleet can sometimes help as many help out each other with data samples, etc.
Lt. Commander
# 10
12-14-2010, 06:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathan99
That and I assumed everyone was sitting on lots of unused crafting materials like me, waiting for a crafting revamp.
They were but some of us sat on crafting mats because we had maxed under the old system.

I'm selling the rest and buying an apartment on Risa. You haven't lived until you've had latinum-flecked scrambled eggs in a garish affront to utopian ideals.