Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 1 How many millions for Aegis?
12-14-2010, 05:10 AM
Since i am no crafter i guess i have to buy it. In case it's tradable because only one set per toon allowed.
In case it's not tradeable, do i have to become a mastet crafter or something?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
12-14-2010, 05:16 AM
Maxing out crafting right now will cost you under a million EC and take fifteen minutes. Yeah, it will preobably cost insane amounts on the AH, mainly because of the time needed to gather the anomalies, because the gear is good, and because people are always looking to make a big profit on the exchange.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
12-14-2010, 05:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathan99
Maxing out crafting right now will cost you under a million EC and take fifteen minutes.
sorry but how?

the easiest way is to just craft 150 hypo's but that would still cost you 1500 of the low level red items.

your not going to buy 1500 for under a million. maybe 10 - 15 million if your lucky.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
12-14-2010, 05:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Revo
sorry but how?

the easiest way is to just craft 150 hypo's but that would still cost you 1500 of the low level red items.

your not going to buy 1500 for under a million. maybe 10 - 15 million if your lucky.
The market has adjusted since he posted. The Ferengis won.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
12-14-2010, 05:37 AM
Well, I guess Krafting is out for me as I'm one poor Klink and do not have near 10-15 million in the bank.
SO is Krafting to be the rich players playground then?
Or can it be maxed over time?
Or will it stall out for the average player without lots of credits to spend on those rare materials that never seem to drop?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
12-14-2010, 05:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren_Kitlor
The market has adjusted since he posted. The Ferengis won.
That and I assumed everyone was sitting on lots of unused crafting materials like me, waiting for a crafting revamp.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
12-14-2010, 05:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post
Well, I guess Krafting is out for me as I'm one poor Klink and do not have near 10-15 million in the bank.
SO is Krafting to be the rich players playground then?
Or can it be maxed over time?
Or will it stall out for the average player without lots of credits to spend on those rare materials that never seem to drop?
it can be done over time, all tho very slowly.
I was lucky and had quit a bit of mats on my fed to level up my Klink.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
12-14-2010, 06:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post
Well, I guess Krafting is out for me as I'm one poor Klink and do not have near 10-15 million in the bank.
SO is Krafting to be the rich players playground then?
Mostly yes. I've managed to get to around 1000 general crafting (I think the cap is 1500-ish) by spending 3-4 million EC and farming T'ong for around an hour (Tong farming is pointless - far too many people trying to do it, and it seems there's only ever one instance). So with a bit of luck, you could probably reach 1500 with maybe 6-8 million EC.

[note that some stuff will sell on the exchange, but you won't make a profit overall]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post
Or can it be maxed over time?
It can be, but obviously you'd still need to either raise X million EC somehow, or farm the t'ong nebula until your eyes fall out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post
Or will it stall out for the average player without lots of credits to spend on those rare materials that never seem to drop?
AFAIK the rare materials are only needed for crafting purple items, which you don't "need" to craft... whether there are enough rare items when you reach the cap I don't know.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9
12-14-2010, 06:22 AM
Also you only really need to max out one of your toons research skills and just send any equip etc to the ones who need it and vice versa with the data supplies.

Also just 15 mins in B'tran allowed me to collect approx 75 of each of the sample types with about 3 rare ones. It doesn't take that long to just collect the anomalies yourself rather than spend obscene amounts on the exchange.

Also joining a fleet can sometimes help as many help out each other with data samples, etc.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 10
12-14-2010, 06:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathan99
That and I assumed everyone was sitting on lots of unused crafting materials like me, waiting for a crafting revamp.
They were but some of us sat on crafting mats because we had maxed under the old system.

I'm selling the rest and buying an apartment on Risa. You haven't lived until you've had latinum-flecked scrambled eggs in a garish affront to utopian ideals.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:43 AM.