Lt. Commander
# 11
12-14-2010, 06:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathan99
That and I assumed everyone was sitting on lots of unused crafting materials like me, waiting for a crafting revamp.
Yup. I still pooled together the crafting supplies of 3 characters to max one. I am not sure I can afford the Craft set yet. Well, or rather I am sure I can't, since I don't have the necessary rare anomalies. But I might have them eventually.

But I am currently too busy with the Foundry...
Lt. Commander
# 12
12-14-2010, 06:42 AM
Quote:
Yup. I still pooled together the crafting supplies of 3 characters to max one. I am not sure I can afford the Craft set yet. Well, or rather I am sure I can't, since I don't have the necessary rare anomalies. But I might have them eventually.

But I am currently too busy with the Foundry...
I didn't notice that AEGIS crafting requirements on Memory Alpha in Tribble. Was it listed there and I missed it?
Lt. Commander
# 13
12-14-2010, 07:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by toddlich View Post
it can be done over time, all tho very slowly.
I was lucky and had quit a bit of mats on my fed to level up my Klink.
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splutter
until your eyes fall out.
Being a Klink player, I'm already used to this. Thanks for the input though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic_One View Post
I didn't notice that AEGIS crafting requirements on Memory Alpha in Tribble. Was it listed there and I missed it?
Its only on Tribble right now under testing.
Lt. Commander
# 14
12-14-2010, 07:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic_One View Post
I must have missed it as well, but from the looks of it reading the boards>Alot of people are pushing for 50 x samples +3 rare for each Aegis item.And Dstahl said it would be a 41 set, so those Tachyon,photonic, and exobiological samples will be used.
Lt. Commander
# 15
12-14-2010, 07:15 AM
The Aegis/Borg sets haven't been posted to Mem Alpha (Tribble) have they? Are they still just available from the consoles at ESD?
Lt. Commander
# 16
12-14-2010, 07:22 AM
Best way to craft is have all of your alts give samples to one, and that becomes the crafter. Little or no exchange deals are needed, it just takes time. One reason i dont grind with some of my fleet is that they dont go after/wait for gathering of samples. Basically i gather every sample i can.
Lt. Commander
# 17
12-14-2010, 07:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanNewBoy View Post
Best way to craft is have all of your alts give samples to one, and that becomes the crafter. Little or no exchange deals are needed, it just takes time. One reason i dont grind with some of my fleet is that they dont go after/wait for gathering of samples. Basically i gather every sample i can.
Unless you only have klingon characters, in which case none of them have *any* useful samples - and you're kindof stuffed. (<- me)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post
Being a Klink player, I'm already used to this. Thanks for the input though.
Ah - but that grinding was required to be a Klingon LG, this grinding is optional and entirely lacking in bloodshed - which made it infinitely more boring to me .
Lt. Commander
# 18
12-14-2010, 07:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren_Kitlor
The market has adjusted since he posted. The Ferengis won.
i knew i made a ferengi for a reason........ :p
Lt. Commander
# 19
12-14-2010, 08:08 AM
Save your rare traces for making stuff you aren't going to replace. There is no need to make a purple mk VI console, because you will be a Captain next week. If you are a Fed, you should have been banking the rares. It was posted when they were introduced that Cryptic wanted to make them part of crafting. The regular data samples should have either been banked, or sold in the exchange. If you sold them off, then you should have enough to buy crafted pieces.

For Klingons, I highly suggest you run the Pi Canis sorties. Each freighter and supply container has 5 data samples in them. You are still going to be behind the curve on collecting rare traces, so plan ahead and only make uncommon or rare gear, since it is just the purple very rare items that use them.
Lt. Commander
# 20
12-14-2010, 09:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightops25 View Post
For Klingons, I highly suggest you run the Pi Canis sorties. Each freighter and supply container has 5 data samples in them. You are still going to be behind the curve on collecting rare traces, so plan ahead and only make uncommon or rare gear, since it is just the purple very rare items that use them.
According to a poster on a different thread, the freighters only ever contain basic crafting materials, not traces - so doing the Pi Canis missions you will get vast amounts of basic crafting materials, and a tiny amount of rare traces. (and obviously all the crafting material scales with your combat level, not your crafting level - if you have 0 crafting at LG everything you loot is just going to take up bank space until you find some way to level your crafting).

I'm not really sure that I understand why the Pi Canis missions exist... they're great, and a lot of effort has been spent making them, but the loot/rewards doesn't make any sense to me.