Lt. Commander
SO I just hit VA with my Sci character and went back to ESD looking forward to using my token to getting the Nebula. But it turns out that I cant get the Nebula using the promotion starship plaque, I have to buy it in the C store or spend ages grinding for Marks.

I apologise if this has been discussed before but I am very disappointed and let down at this blatant money making. On my Klingon character I was able to use my token to buy the new Orion ship and every character at LG was given a free token to allow them to choose from one of the new ships, so why not the same with the Federation ships????

Very deflated now, was looking forward to my VA Nebula.
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-07-2010, 04:36 PM
blatant money- making? pfffft.

all the retrofit ships have the C-Store option that gives you that ship for all characters on your account.

as for the grinding marks of exploration, you can also convert emblems into marks in Battle fleet omega.

this will help to reduce the amount of grinding needed if you use the conversions correctly- and considering the new R&D system launching soon, you should find that you wont need the emblems except to buy ships without going to the C Store
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-07-2010, 06:24 PM
Just buy it in the C-store...it costs the same as a large pizza.
Lt. Commander
# 4
12-07-2010, 08:08 PM
It can't really be a money-grab if you can also buy it simply by playing the game. And to be honest what else are you going to do with your character other then grind from this point on? You can do some weeklies once a week, when they're available, but the rest of your VA time is going to be spent grinding anyway.
Lt. Commander
# 5
12-13-2010, 11:32 PM
Not true , i have A va and i spend most of my time in spacedock. It's a social thing , ya know.
Lt. Commander
# 6
12-13-2010, 11:58 PM
yes its so much fun drinking a virtual drink ^^ or chatting to people asking if they like your uni :p
Lt. Commander
# 7
12-14-2010, 05:11 PM
At least the Nebula is actually available via marks.

Excelsior-5 is still strictly pay-for-powers.