Lt. Commander
Hi. I read on the official site that there will be a player council:

http://www.startrekonline.com/council_faq

I would like to join this council and decide what happens in this game. Can anyone tell me how to join?
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-14-2010, 09:05 AM
It doesn't exist. They canceled it after people complained.

The goal was to get outside feedback (i.e. feedback from people who websites that had lots of non-sto players but would be interested).

You couldn't join, even if it weren't dead, Jim... err... Jack Sparrow.
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-14-2010, 09:18 AM
I dont get to decide what happens to the game? That makes me sad panda
Lt. Commander
# 4
12-14-2010, 09:24 AM
No, but I think since Dstahl has been made in charge, he's taken the time to listen to a lot of our feed back, IMO.
Lt. Commander
# 5
12-14-2010, 09:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacksparrowjive55 View Post
the point of the council was to bring feedback from outside the forum as well as us here too, so you can help shape its future by continuing to post here.

if the council was still in effect, the only way to join was if you had an external website with viewers who might not have their voice heard by cryptic. your job would have been to bring that feedback to cryptic's attention

you yourself, would have no extra say in the game development.
Lt. Commander
# 6
12-14-2010, 09:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacksparrowjive55 View Post
Yes, you do. But instead of the council you use these forums. As you can see there are many user-made posts where devs have posted either their support or their answers (there was even a guy who posted the mini game idea with lots of schematics and they ended up hiring him). So you can still contribute your ideas and thoughts on the many different sections of this forum. Just make sure you use the search before posting, as there could be probably 106826829436757106126093189541356790159185 posts regarding what you want to talk about xD.
Lt. Commander
# 7
12-14-2010, 10:08 AM
I took a break shortly after the player council was announced. I always wondered what happened to it. The forums sure were lively at that point.
Lt. Commander
# 8
12-14-2010, 12:20 PM
Everyone has a voice. YOU are the player council, right here on the forums.

We take great pride in the fact the we aren't just continuing development of STO, we're continuing to develop it with you. Your voices are heard loud and clear in the office. Not only from my efforts, but also from the efforts of much of the dev team, including our executive producer.

Your feedback is incredibly important, and most certainly has a very large effect on the direction the game continues to move in.

Thanks,

Stormshade
Lt. Commander
# 9
12-14-2010, 01:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StormShade

We take great pride in the fact the we aren't just continuing development of STO, we're continuing to develop it with you. Your voices are heard loud and clear in the office. Not only from my efforts, but also from the efforts of much of the dev team, including our executive producer.

Your feedback is incredibly important, and most certainly has a very large effect on the direction the game continues to move in.

Thanks,

Stormshade
No, really. What did happen to the player counci?. Do you guys still talk to them? Or was it just an idea that faded anyway? Do the people involved still have the council robes? -- I assume you did get robes for everyone on the council. It wouldn’t be very official without them.
Lt. Commander
# 10
12-14-2010, 01:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StormShade

Thanks,

Stormshade
Damn straight and that's why STO is the best new mmo right now! Try that on for size TOR!