Lt. Commander
# 21
12-14-2010, 01:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borticus View Post
You're also making the assumption that all paying customers frequent these forums. Which is simply false. StormShade (I believe it was him) has said as much in the past, saying only something like 10% of active subscribers are also active forum users.
That number remains fairly accurate. It also represents all those users who visit the forums. The number of people who post is actually quite a bit smaller.

Thanks,

Stormshade
Lt. Commander
# 22
12-14-2010, 01:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacksparrowjive55 View Post
I dont get to decide what happens to the game? That makes me sad panda
we already have one of those, and he's homesik
Lt. Commander
# 23
12-14-2010, 01:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StormShade
.... The number of people who post is actually quite a bit smaller.

Thanks,

Stormshade
We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
Shall be my brother; be he ne'er so vile,
This day shall gentle his condition:
Lt. Commander
# 24
12-14-2010, 01:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StormShade
That number remains fairly accurate. It also represents all those users who visit the forums. The number of people who post is actually quite a bit smaller.

Thanks,

Stormshade
i find it staggering that roughly 90% dont even look at the forums, on a game that has a fairly complex franchise and is updated like once a week.

no wonder no one can find sulu.
Lt. Commander
# 25
12-14-2010, 03:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Revo
i find it staggering that roughly 90% dont even look at the forums, on a game that has a fairly complex franchise and is updated like once a week.

people don't want to have to deal with the "you put the period in the wrong place, there for you fail and don't know anyting."

That is why i don't post alot
Lt. Commander
# 26
12-14-2010, 04:31 PM
Quote:

It has been that way in just about any MMO you could name. Roughly, somewhere from 6 to 10 percent will LOOK at the forums while far less actually post. And yes, it is amazing but what I have found it that most people think it is too much work to look up something on the forums let alone bother to post.
Lt. Commander
# 27
12-14-2010, 05:01 PM
When I saw the title of the thread I thought that either Cryptic was bringing back the program or someone had necro'd a LONG dead thread. I guess I found out that someone just necro'd the topic. As has been pointed out above, the Council had been nixxed a long time ago. Personally, I never had any real opinion on it then and I certainly don't care about it now. It was a good concept on paper, but people just didn't want non-players telling Cryptic what we wanted.

At least voices still get heard...on these forums...by a relatively small percentage of players. Look at the suggestions/requests that had been posted since launch and see how many of them have been implemented. They're listening and making decisions based on how popular these ideas are. Some are great...some are crap...some are major WTF ideas...but a fair number of them are being looked at and commented on.
Lt. Commander
# 28
12-14-2010, 06:50 PM
Quote:

The sheer amount of people that can use this forum is a bit daunting to some, and perhaps go to smaller forums (either fan or fleet run) to get their voices and opinions heard.

As Srafa said, people don't want to post in case of being shot down because the topics have been brought up before, or their grammar isn't one hundred percent. Lets face it, any large scale forum has a lot of hostility as people are passionate about what they are talking about.
Lt. Commander
# 29
12-14-2010, 07:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MavrykDH View Post
The sheer amount of people that can use this forum is a bit daunting to some, and perhaps go to smaller forums (either fan or fleet run) to get their voices and opinions heard.

As Srafa said, people don't want to post in case of being shot down because the topics have been brought up before, or their grammar isn't one hundred percent. Lets face it, any large scale forum has a lot of hostility as people are ******s.
Fixed. In my opinion (no facts, pure unadulterated opinion) most people with at least one game under their belt will have encountered hostility on their previous game forums, and choose to avoid all game forums altogether.
Lt. Commander
# 30
12-14-2010, 07:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeWitt_LSF
Fixed. In my opinion (no facts, pure unadulterated opinion) most people with at least one game under their belt will have encountered hostility on their previous game forums, and choose to avoid all game forums altogether.
So true, but I was just trying to grind up my diplomatic xp