Lt. Commander
# 11
12-15-2010, 04:42 PM
well, you have to think like this:

you look at the list and there are 2 Icons with a Progressbar that are almost finished, now you look at the Detail Window to see what you have to do to finish that accolade.

Next time you look for those 2 accolades you will remember how those 2 icons looked like and eventually the position where to look for them.

actually this is pretty similar to the Awards you got in Battlefied 2142 ( PIC )
Lt. Commander
# 12
12-15-2010, 04:48 PM
Yeah, but you got 24 there? (4 of which are special somehow?) Now, multiply that listing by 15 and add scrollbars.

Holy cow, I didn't realize there were so many. There are in the neighbourhood of 400 accolades according to this list: https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?...mc&hl=en#gid=0

Are there really that many? Do they all actually have unique badge graphics?

EDIT: some might be overlapping (defeat 100, 500, 1000 of a species); do they have unique badges? Even if those are merged together, that is A LOT of accolades to filter through by image recognition. I tip my hat to anyone who can do that more efficiently than by name.
Lt. Commander
# 13
12-15-2010, 05:14 PM
well...
maybe i would agree more with you if the names of the accolades would not be stuff like "Superheated Slayer", "Adaptive Radiation" or "Anti-Structural Annihilation"

those names say NULL to me, i can't remember them, i allways just filter for the unfinished accolades and then klick from top to bottom until i find the one where it says Kill X / 5000 cardassian molerats

anyway, if anybody has an idea how to put the names on top of the icons in those pics, then feel free to post it.

My main problem is that i don't see a way to put the silly long names there without it looking stupid.

...of course there is a solution to make everyone happy.
Just keep the current view as an extra Tab for the ones who like it that way.
Lt. Commander
# 14
12-15-2010, 05:16 PM
That's the way I see it. Just your wall of medals (like any nicely decorated military officer) or your coin collection. It's there as fluff for you to be proud of and fill up.

EDIT: you think you'll remember your accolades instead by "it's the brown one... with that shape like triangles, with 3 of those angled square things that was near the middle-right" better? I think overall, there's just way too many accolades to remember by name OR image OR both. We just need a better mechanism to organize/group/sort/search them.
Lt. Commander
# 15
12-15-2010, 05:46 PM
Well.... actually YES i do think that.

I would press on "In Progress" and set the filter on the bottom for Kill Accolades, then there would be like 10 or 5 left and then the picture in addition with the progress bar would surely help to identify the correct accolade faster. Also if i remember the name i can just mouse over those few icons and look for the name.

In any case first you need to know what you are looking for or you will search a while.
Lt. Commander
# 16
12-15-2010, 10:06 PM
I think we'll have to agree to disagree on this.

But only like 10 or 5 for "In Progress" for Kill Accolades? You're lucky. I'm working on 19 right now.

But when you get notification for completing "Separation Anxiety", and you've never heard of it before how will you find it easily? I suppose that's where the search and/or quick-links come in.

By the way, I quickly scanned the icons. It does look like Cryptic did manage to make unique badges for them (though some are very similar). However, there are a bunch (maybe 10% of them) that don't have badges at all, so those would be needing updates (or some placeholder "blank" graphic).
Lt. Commander
# 17
01-21-2011, 07:22 PM
Gets My Vote!