Lt. Commander
# 1 Vote for Me!
12-14-2010, 07:08 PM
In the interest of making it easier to vote for Next Enterprise designs without having to slog through all of the user unfriendly controls of the Design Hangar. I think a simple thread where people can post links to their designs is in order.

I'll go first. Here's my design.

Vote for me and post your own design as well.

Lt. Commander
# 2
12-14-2010, 07:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackavaar View Post
In the interest of making it easier to vote for Next Enterprise designs without having to slog through all of the user unfriendly controls of the Design Hangar. I think a simple thread where people can post links to their designs is in order.

I'll go first. Here's my design.

Vote for me and post your own design as well.

Sorry, can't vote for your design.

Now, if you'd been a little less derivative, maybe I would. But you weren't.

Don't feel bad, though - most of that contest is showing Sturgeon's Law is still true to this day. And yours is a notch above the others - again, it was derivative, not bad. Some I saw int here were Perpetual designs, and one JJPrise. You'd think the people who dubmitted those would automatically be rejected...apparently whoever's monitoring the submissions is a bit off the mark.

That's just my opinion, though.
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-15-2010, 10:03 AM
Lt. Commander
# 4
12-15-2010, 10:46 AM
I think the vast majority of the designs would be better if people read and adhered to this:

http://www.ex-astris-scientia.org/articles/design.htm
Lt. Commander
# 5
12-15-2010, 10:50 AM
See my signature.

Classic contours. Nods to Defiant and Intrepid class. Evolution of the Sovereign style saucer towards the wide dome of the Enterprise-J. Red buzzard collectors like the TOS Connie. I think I managed to evoke the basics of the Connie and the Galaxy in one swoop.

Plus, new technology! Transphasic cloak used on part of the ship for improved handling and as a last ditch escape option alternative to pods.
Lt. Commander
# 6
12-15-2010, 10:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecil0812 View Post
I think the vast majority of the designs would be better if people read and adhered to this:

Arg, I followed all except the third...
Lt. Commander
# 7
12-15-2010, 11:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martok42 View Post
Arg, I followed all except the third...
If you cant stand the cheese. You'll have to leave im afraid.
Lt. Commander
# 8
12-15-2010, 11:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecil0812 View Post

Except shuttles, the Defiant class, Intrepid class, Wells class...all more advanced, and not following the "rules"
Lt. Commander
# 9
12-15-2010, 11:11 AM
http://www.startrekonline.com/enterp...h&keyword=josh

Mines the one thats drawn on a piece of notebook paper.

I was trying to be generic in my drawing to give the dev's freedom to make the details, while trying to make a unique design.

Pods appear to be on a lot of the later TNG era ships, so I put a pod over the eng section, at a similar height as the bridge"mound" on the saucer. The saucer i ment to be more egg shaped, but i've never been a good artist lol.

The engineering hull I had the most difficult time drawing. The main hull is in the center, on bottom, but the top is a smooth flow from the saucer to the nacelle pylons. So theres a lot of overhang I suppose you could call it.

Vote for my ship Btw, the votes only narrow down the entries for the devs, and you can vote once a day
Lt. Commander
# 10
12-15-2010, 11:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuatela
Except shuttles, the Defiant class, Intrepid class, Wells class...all more advanced, and not following the "rules"
The intrepid class nacelles lift when it goes to warp, thus the newer animations.