Lt. Commander
According to the creation tooltip, you can set these features.

But how do you do it?

I'm most likely to design high level stuff, which would require a VA or FA to test,

So how do you turn your testing character into a maxed out character?
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-14-2010, 11:56 AM
I don't think you can do that yet, but you CAN use godmode
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-14-2010, 12:00 PM
The only way I've found so far is to put items in the mission that normally the player wouldn't encounter until a certain level. Such as: Terran Empire (Mirror Universe Federation) enemies limits the mission to level 31 and above, Gamma Orionis doors limit the missions to levels that can access Gamma Orionis, etc...

EDIT: This isn't to say that you can't just put in some regular Klingons with a Terran Empire skin to have Mirror Universe enemies at a lower level
Lt. Commander
# 4
12-14-2010, 01:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilarta View Post
So how do you turn your testing character into a maxed out character?
Go to the Create Content tab and pick one of your Test Characters instead of clicking create content. This takes them into STO where you can play the game for a few hundred hours doing Defend the Sector grinding to level up to VA. Then you can test your Foundry missions with a VA character.

That's the only way at the moment, but they will be adding in the feature to level up a character artificially soon. But there is no way to level a character back down again, so be prepared to delete your test characters regularly if you want to test multiple levels.
Lt. Commander
# 5
12-14-2010, 02:52 PM
You're kidding right?

Why would you play so long with a character that's only for testing?
I'm not putting that much effort into a test character, especially one on Tribble.

So, if you can't choose their level or specify equipment, why does the tooltop say you can?

You'd think different rules would apply in Foundry, since the character is never meant to be a serious playable character.
Lt. Commander
# 6
12-14-2010, 03:50 PM
Eventually, they will release something to do that. I hope they do by early 2011. A lot of us want that so we can effectively test our levels, so it will be released soon.
Lt. Commander
# 7
12-14-2010, 05:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilarta View Post
You're kidding right?

Why would you play so long with a character that's only for testing?
I'm not putting that much effort into a test character, especially one on Tribble.

So, if you can't choose their level or specify equipment, why does the tooltop say you can?

You'd think different rules would apply in Foundry, since the character is never meant to be a serious playable character.
I wasn't kidding, but I put it in there because it is so ridiculous to go through "real" levelling for a disposable test character that I doubt you'd do it.

The tooltip says you can do it because it's a feature that is meant to be there, but isn't ready yet, which is why I said they'd be adding it SOON.
Lt. Commander
# 8
12-15-2010, 02:26 PM
Go into the editor, and make a dummy test space, and do the random encounters or normal missions on elite.. and just "Kill Object" everything.. you can get xp fast that way.