Lt. Commander
# 1 Night of the comet
12-15-2010, 12:45 AM
I just played night of the comet and I am a RA6 with sovereign class ship. First it was ridiculous that I spent 15 minutes figuring out what kind of drink to get cassidy so i could get a quantum flux generator. Then I proceed to destroy the comet and I cant do that because 3 klingon d7 ships are burning through my shields like a hot knife through butter. This is one of the most frustrating missions Ive played. Did anyone else have trouble with this one?
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-15-2010, 12:51 AM
i thought the drinks bit was pretty easy but out of place for the missions story.

the klingon bit is tough but make sure you take out the klingon ships straight away, take out the comet then go back to the next lot of klingon ships that come in. rinse and repeat.

if you are having trouble with the first three, then your difficulty is too high so you might need to drop it.
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-15-2010, 12:52 AM
pop each wave of klingons before your destroy a hunk of comet
Lt. Commander
# 4
12-15-2010, 01:19 AM
I ignore the klingons and destroyed the comet without any trouble, but than at the time I was an engineer in a tank specced star cruiser, so tanking was easy.
Lt. Commander
# 5
12-15-2010, 01:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by capthicks View Post
Did anyone else have trouble with this one?
No. I loved this whole series...and the nerve tonics were worth trying.

Lt. Commander
# 6
12-15-2010, 01:56 AM
So the mission didn't go pew, pew, bang. I like that.

You figured out the puzzle - so it wasn't too hard. It took you 15 minutes - so it wasn't too easy. Since you are trying not to alter the time line, it would seem a bit obvious that a less direct approach than pew, pew, bang might be needed on the comets.

The number one rule in any combat game is: if what you are doing isn't working, try a different approach.
Lt. Commander
# 7
12-15-2010, 06:30 AM
Just finished this mission with my Klingon faction char. I loved it. So far it has been the best series of mission I have had. Yes it was challenge...Yes I got frustrated... but that is what I want in a game.

More like this please.
Lt. Commander
# 8
12-15-2010, 06:52 AM
the drink was fairly simple, and I just zerged my way through the comet, dying 2 or 3 times and respawning...never firing on the Klingon ships, because I didn't know if it would fail me or not.
Lt. Commander
# 9
12-15-2010, 06:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hangover_Boy
the drink was fairly simple, and I just zerged my way through the comet, dying 2 or 3 times and respawning...never firing on the Klingon ships, because I didn't know if it would fail me or not.
"Don't Alter The Timeline" = don't kill anyone.
Lt. Commander
# 10
12-15-2010, 08:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGDawson View Post
"Don't Alter The Timeline" = don't kill anyone.
Fortunately, with one potential exception, firing on the Klingon ships will have no more effect than firing on the initial Federation ship at the beginning of that mission. Which is to say: "ships disabled, Captain".

It's that last suicide run you need to keep an eye out for, but by that time clearing out the remaining comet chunks is an easy and swift task. Presuming you've been disabling Klingons.